Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hrothor's Office and Study

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hrothor's Office and Study - Page 2 Empty Re: Hrothor's Office and Study

Post  Hrothor the Honored Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:16 am

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:"I've been better, I won't lie. Not that I could to you anyway." She remarked, closing her eyes and half smiling. "I just got back from Domescadia from a mission that went south after weeks of prepwork and secrecy. I can't go into details, but many good men and women died." She said, gripping her balled up fists tight till the knuckles went white. Her lidded eyes seemed elsewhere as she recalled the Lieutenant from the Redscarves Unit buying her time. They were all captured, and given the particular Legion that did the deed... there was no question that he and the rest of the Redscarves were dead. "Soulless bastards captured and killed them as I was forced to retreat. They told me to take a small leave of absence. They don't want one of their top Military Officers to have a psyche break after being surrounded and nearly killed by the enemy. They may be right... they may also be keeping me from crying 'mole' out of fear of a witch hunt. Can never be too careful though, especially during these days I suppose." She continued.

She looked over to the crackling flames. She then noted the glass of scotch, and smiled. "Thanks." She then looked down at the swirling amber fluid before continuing. "...but I'm not one for 'vacations', so I decided to return to Scardia to see you, Lord Blade-Breaker and look for promising candidates for the Galideno Foreign Exchange program." She explained. The Galideno Foreign Exchange program was what it suggested, a program where soldiers or promising individuals from foreign nations to the Holy Galideno Concordat were temporarily recruited by said Concordat military and train alongside troops. In a way, she was looking for a student or number of students to teach from the established White Tower. "I've been... admittedly lazy with this duty, and should have at least sent one of my subordinates to do this months ago; but figured now was better than later and if I'm here, may as well do the evaluations in person..." She sighed.

Hrothor listened intently to Ana's story. A mission SNAFU was not unusual in these times, especially when it came to dealing with Abdel.

"You blame yourself for the mission SNAFU, don't you?" Hrothor stated more than asked. he knew Ana was more likely to take the burden of responsibility too harshly on herself. "This is war, Ana. Missions often fail as much as they succeed. You survived, so you must continue the fight till the campaign against the enemy is over, and the war is won. To do any less means that the lives lost would have been lost for nothing at all. It is little comfort for the survivors, or the families of the fallen, but at the very least, wars victory means those loved ones will not become new victims of the enemy."

When Hrothor heard Ana's purpose for coming to the tower, his smile diminished a little. "Well, Lord Valundar is currently in Luxren on his own mission. The twins are also on mission with Oromov, my sons are.... elsewhere, and... I am about to depart on my mission too... I do not think I'll be coming back from this one Ana... And so, i turned over the keys to the White tower to the queen mere hours ago. Once I lock these doors, they will be sealed until the Royal Family names my successor to the tower. If they do. Still, that does mean you have your pick of any and all the apprentices who shall be departing the tower after this day." Hrothor took a long swallow from his own glass, before setting it on a sidetable and leaning back in his chair, his arms on the armrests, and his fingers interlocked in front of his face. "For the first time since the rise of Scar'd, the doors to the white tower, the hall of blades, and the sacred vault, will be sealed..."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Major Anastasia Hemlock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Anastasia Hemlock Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:39 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:
Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:"I've been better, I won't lie. Not that I could to you anyway." She remarked, closing her eyes and half smiling. "I just got back from Domescadia from a mission that went south after weeks of prepwork and secrecy. I can't go into details, but many good men and women died." She said, gripping her balled up fists tight till the knuckles went white. Her lidded eyes seemed elsewhere as she recalled the Lieutenant from the Redscarves Unit buying her time. They were all captured, and given the particular Legion that did the deed... there was no question that he and the rest of the Redscarves were dead. "Soulless bastards captured and killed them as I was forced to retreat. They told me to take a small leave of absence. They don't want one of their top Military Officers to have a psyche break after being surrounded and nearly killed by the enemy. They may be right... they may also be keeping me from crying 'mole' out of fear of a witch hunt. Can never be too careful though, especially during these days I suppose." She continued.

She looked over to the crackling flames. She then noted the glass of scotch, and smiled. "Thanks." She then looked down at the swirling amber fluid before continuing. "...but I'm not one for 'vacations', so I decided to return to Scardia to see you, Lord Blade-Breaker and look for promising candidates for the Galideno Foreign Exchange program." She explained. The Galideno Foreign Exchange program was what it suggested, a program where soldiers or promising individuals from foreign nations to the Holy Galideno Concordat were temporarily recruited by said Concordat military and train alongside troops. In a way, she was looking for a student or number of students to teach from the established White Tower. "I've been... admittedly lazy with this duty, and should have at least sent one of my subordinates to do this months ago; but figured now was better than later and if I'm here, may as well do the evaluations in person..." She sighed.

Hrothor listened intently to Ana's story. A mission SNAFU was not unusual in these times, especially when it came to dealing with Abdel.

"You blame yourself for the mission SNAFU, don't you?" Hrothor stated more than asked. he knew Ana was more likely to take the burden of responsibility too harshly on herself. "This is war, Ana. Missions often fail as much as they succeed. You survived, so you must continue the fight till the campaign against the enemy is over, and the war is won. To do any less means that the lives lost would have been lost for nothing at all. It is little comfort for the survivors, or the families of the fallen, but at the very least, wars victory means those loved ones will not become new victims of the enemy."

When Hrothor heard Ana's purpose for coming to the tower, his smile diminished a little. "Well, Lord Valundar is currently in Luxren on his own mission. The twins are also on mission with Oromov, my sons are.... elsewhere, and... I am about to depart on my mission too... I do not think I'll be coming back from this one Ana... And so, i turned over the keys to the White tower to the queen mere hours ago. Once I lock these doors, they will be sealed until the Royal Family names my successor to the tower. If they do. Still, that does mean you have your pick of any and all the apprentices who shall be departing the tower after this day." Hrothor took a long swallow from his own glass, before setting it on a sidetable and leaning back in his chair, his arms on the armrests, and his fingers interlocked in front of his face. "For the first time since the rise of Scar'd, the doors to the white tower, the hall of blades, and the sacred vault, will be sealed..."

"It went FUBAR, we didn't even complete our mission sadly. Now the T.I.R.S. have to be involved..." She explained what little she could. "And... its not just that. They died for my name. Galideno can't have one of its proud General's die to the hands of Abdel's Forces in a gods damned raid. I also... got too close to one of the Red Scarf officers. He stayed behind so I could withdraw with my division. He, and all of the other special forces members perished because of me." She closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

She eventually reopened her eyes, and they looked sad. "Oh... that's unfortunate. I was hoping to see him. I used to have fun teasing Lord Val in the training circle, got so flustered when I used my cleavage to my advantage hehehehe~" She chuckled at such fond memories. The mention of Hrothor's mission and the finality of it gave her quick pause, making her more alert. "Wait, you're closing the White Tower? Of what importance does this mission have where you may end up losing your life? Especially a man of your age. No offense." She says, flustered, taking a sip of the smooth scotch.
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Recruit
Recruit

Hrothor the Honored likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:44 am

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:"It went FUBAR, we didn't even complete our mission sadly. Now the T.I.R.S. have to be involved..." She explained what little she could. "And... its not just that. They died for my name. Galideno can't have one of its proud General's die to the hands of Abdel's Forces in a gods damned raid. I also... got too close to one of the Red Scarf officers. He stayed behind so I could withdraw with my division. He, and all of the other special forces members perished because of me." She closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

She eventually reopened her eyes, and they looked sad. "Oh... that's unfortunate. I was hoping to see him. I used to have fun teasing Lord Val in the training circle, got so flustered when I used my cleavage to my advantage hehehehe~" She chuckled at such fond memories. The mention of Hrothor's mission and the finality of it gave her quick pause, making her more alert. "Wait, you're closing the White Tower? Of what importance does this mission have where you may end up losing your life? Especially a man of your age. No offense." She says, flustered, taking a sip of the smooth scotch.

"Unless you made an explicit mistake, or deliberate action, their deaths are not your fault. The moment you start blaming yourself for the deaths of those under your command, you begin to slide down the slippery slope of no return, Ana. All you can do when you are a leader of soldiers during a war, is to ensure their deaths were not in vain. Hold on to hope, and make their deaths mean something Ana." Hrothor stated.

When Ana relived some of her fonder memories of her time here at the tower, Hrothor smiled again. "Val was sometimes easily distracted, and naive in many ways. He took a very long time to form relationships after his sister passed away due to BTB. That affected him for a long time. Women flustered him because he was so introverted for a long time after that, but I think you helped him break that icy shell." Then, when she mentioned his mission, he looked into the fire, his eyes reflected the flames, under the shadow of his bushy brows. "This war with Abdel... and the powers and legions he calls upon, it will be my final campaign. The threat he poses is greater than you have been lead to believe, Ana..."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2