Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hrothor's Office and Study

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hrothor's Office and Study Empty Hrothor's Office and Study

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Hrothor's Office and Study 1430837966778

The private office of Sir Hrothor is an older style mixed with modern conveniences. It was spacious, had views from the tower pinnacle, and the walls were lined with bookshelves filled with tomes of knowledge both young and old, and cabinets filled with artifacts and personal effects that held the memories of the old man's life and missions. These days the office is used more for aministrative duties, beurocratic sorting, and political aspiration rather than conducting the business of knighthood when the office was still new.

The old man entered his office and sat himself behind the old ironwood desk, leaning back in the comfortable armchair. Thinking privately about many things. The progress of many academy students, aspirants and squires, but more, the current mission his family, friends, and two of his most valued alumni were currently undertaking.

'I hope for all our sake you are not wrong Val...' came Hrothor's thoughts to the surface.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Hrothor's Office and Study Empty Re: Hrothor's Office and Study

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 am

Anastasia stood before Hrothor's office, closing her eyes and shrugging with a pout while hovering in front of the door. Damn it... Have to face the music, at least do it with pride. What the Paladin says was partly true though... I have certain expectations that need to be met here! I can't work with people who irritate me, and whose face sticks in my head after leaving the room! Ugh, I swea that dopey look is burned into the back of my eyelids! She grits her teeth, looking infuriated before suddenly sighing, pouting once more. Now I drag Lord Hrothor into this. Of the mortals,
I find his teachings and philosophic views interesting.
She opened her eyes, looking upon the surface of the door.

She swallowed her hesitation, and knocked on the door.
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:27 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Anastasia stood before Hrothor's office, closing her eyes and shrugging with a pout while hovering in front of the door. Damn it... Have to face the music, at least do it with pride. What the Paladin says was partly true though... I have certain expectations that need to be met here! I can't work with people who irritate me, and whose face sticks in my head after leaving the room! Ugh, I swea that dopey look is burned into the back of my eyelids! She grits her teeth, looking infuriated before suddenly sighing, pouting once more. Now I drag Lord Hrothor into this. Of the mortals,
I find his teachings and philosophic views interesting.
She opened her eyes, looking upon the surface of the door.

She swallowed her hesitation, and knocked on the door.

*Knock Knock*

Hrothor's Office and Study Nests_animation1_by_darkstormzero-db7642c

"Enter." came Hrothor's deep voice from behind the mahogany door.
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 am

Anastasia appears from behind the door, her 5'3 frame slipping into view. She closed the door behind her upon entering and silently stood in the middle of the room. She didn't know what to say, or how to begin, so she stood there and waited for the elder gentleman to speak. She stood with her hands behind her back, her form statuesque while idle.
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Anastasia appears from behind the door, her 5'3 frame slipping into view. She closed the door behind her upon entering and silently stood in the middle of the room. She didn't know what to say, or how to begin, so she stood there and waited for the elder gentleman to speak. She stood with her hands behind her back, her form statuesque while idle.

Hrothor's eyes went to Anastasia for a moment, he was reading a white, leather bound featureless book that was almost as long as her arm!

"Ah, Anastasia, please, have a seat. I'll be with you in just a moment." he said as he read the last lines on the page, before he calmly placed the bookmark ribbon on the page he was up to, and closed the tome gently before placing it back in it's display case, and locking it with a large iron key that he had hanging around his neck beneath the robes. He was reading THE White Tome of the tower. The sum total of the orders history, all their work, all their techniques, strategies, their entire history was recorded within it's sacred pages...

hrothor sat back behind the desk, his grandfatherly visage was calm and friendly, his wrinkled face had a smile to it. "And how can I help you today Ms Loraethan?" he asked in a welcoming tone.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 am

Ana watched with some amusement as the elderly man lifted the book that was half her size with the ease of a feather before storing it away. "The White Tome... I gather its pages get heavier and heavier every year that passes?" She asked, though it was more rhetorical given how the Order was declining.

She approached the desk, removing her sword belt before setting it beside his desk and taking a seat as instructed. She looked upon the elderly mortal, who shockingly was older than herself in the mortal years. Her face lacked emotion, save for a slight scowl as she continued. "I was sent here by Paladin Death-Sword. I attacked a fellow Squire." she stated rather bluntly. There was no need to dart about the subject of her visit, so she thought it best to state the facts of the matter without hesitation.

Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Ana watched with some amusement as the elderly man lifted the book that was half her size with the ease of a feather before storing it away. "The White Tome... I gather its pages get heavier and heavier every year that passes?" She asked, though it was more rhetorical given how the Order was declining.

She approached the desk, removing her sword belt before setting it beside his desk and taking a seat as instructed. She looked upon the elderly mortal, who shockingly was older than herself in the mortal years. Her face lacked emotion, save for a slight scowl as she continued. "I was sent here by Paladin Death-Sword. I attacked a fellow Squire." she stated rather bluntly. There was no need to dart about the subject of her visit, so she thought it best to state the facts of the matter without hesitation.

Hrothor smiled slightly at Anastasia's sarcastic wit. "Well, there is always room for more. Assuming you future Knights do well in the coming years, decades and centuries" he replied as he sat down and reclined slightly on his chair, his fingers interlaced upon the desk before her as she cut right down to it. "Ah, I see, Sir Deckard caught you out fighting with a fellow squire did he? And pray tell exactly why did you attack your fellow squire?" inquired the old man.

He held up his hand for a moment, and simply asked another question. "Before you answer that, let me ask this - is there anything you would like to tell me? Anything you wish for me to know Anastasia?"
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:44 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:
Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Ana watched with some amusement as the elderly man lifted the book that was half her size with the ease of a feather before storing it away. "The White Tome... I gather its pages get heavier and heavier every year that passes?" She asked, though it was more rhetorical given how the Order was declining.

Hrothor smiled slightly at Anastasia's sarcastic wit. "Well, there is always room for more. Assuming you future Knights do well in the coming years, decades and centuries" he replied as he sat down and reclined slightly on his chair, his fingers interlaced upon the desk before her as she cut right down to it. "Ah, I see, Sir Deckard caught you out fighting with a fellow squire did he? And pray tell exactly why did you attack your fellow squire?" inquired the old man.

He held up his hand for a moment, and simply asked another question. "Before you answer that, let me ask this - is there anything you would like to tell me? Anything you wish for me to know Anastasia?"

She inwardly liked Hrothor's reply about the order in an optimistic manner.

Upon inquiring her reasons of attack, she did not know what to say or how to begin. She looked down upon his desk with a somewhat flustered expression, before Hrothor decided to ask her another instead. She glanced up from his desk, blinking confusedly. "Hm? Anything I would like to tell you? Concerning what, my Lord?"
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 am

"Anything that is bothering you, or confusing you, or anything you wish to get off your shoulders. I am not some boogeyman Anastasia, I will not bite, and I'm not here to judge you, so I want you to be open and honest with me." The old man's smile was friendly and welcoming. "I know you have certain curiosities about the differences between Elven folk and other sentients. Humans in particular." Hrothor ventured.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:"Anything that is bothering you, or confusing you, or anything you wish to get off your shoulders. I am not some boogeyman Anastasia, I will not bite, and I'm not here to judge you, so I want you to be open and honest with me." The old man's smile was friendly and welcoming. "I know you have certain curiosities about the differences between Elven folk and other sentients. Humans in particular." Hrothor ventured.

Anastasia blinked as he probed her mind, wishing to be made known of her inner thoughts and concerns. She looked to the desk's surface once again, and pouts. "Affirmative... I have been residing in this tower for a time now. I know that the mortals have their odd quirks, as do we Elves, but for a few I simply can't rationalize their actions." she explained. "One of my fellow squires, the one I assaulted, in particular has made me feel... off as of late." she began, looking down at her hand.

"With a blade, I am impressed by his skills, he has a natural aptitude for combat, but outside of battle he seems like a fawn just taking its first steps. The way he expresses his naivety and yet his experience as a warrior are considerably different that it makes me dizzy." She then furrowed her brows and then slammed her gauntlet against his desk, not particularly realizing her anger as she exploded: "Even worse, is that stupid smile of his continues to plague my mind every now and then when I see the bastard! That look makes my face feel numb and irritated, my blood boils and my chest feels like a demon wants to sprout from my core!" she exclaimed, bearing her teeth while her face was a light red from 'anger'... or was it pink?
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Anastasia blinked as he probed her mind, wishing to be made known of her inner thoughts and concerns. She looked to the desk's surface once again, and pouts. "Affirmative... I have been residing in this tower for a time now. I know that the mortals have their odd quirks, as do we Elves, but for a few I simply can't rationalize their actions." she explained. "One of my fellow squires, the one I assaulted, in particular has made me feel... off as of late." she began, looking down at her hand.

"With a blade, I am impressed by his skills, he has a natural aptitude for combat, but outside of battle he seems like a fawn just taking its first steps. The way he expresses his naivety and yet his experience as a warrior are considerably different that it makes me dizzy." She then furrowed her brows and then slammed her gauntlet against his desk, not particularly realizing her anger as she exploded: "Even worse, is that stupid smile of his continues to plague my mind every now and then when I see the bastard! That look makes my face feel numb and irritated, my blood boils and my chest feels like a demon wants to sprout from my core!" she exclaimed, bearing her teeth while her face was a light red from 'anger'... or was it pink?

Hrothor sat in silence for only a few moments, his face a contemplative look, but within his near silver eyes, he knew, and he smiled slightly. "I see... You are reaching that age now as well if I guess correctly." he said almost cryptically, but no malice was behind his voice at all.

"Anastasia, allow me to help you understand a few things. Firstly, Levi is from a humble village that possesses few modern conveniences. He was not raised by his parents for the lifestyle of politics, courtly business, noble beaurocracies, or big city life in general. He really is naive with regards to many things most take for granted in modernized cities. Secondly, compared to you in particular, he really has not been with us for that long, as opposed to a few years, he has been here only a few months. Plus, his learning rate as a human differs from that of an Elf like yourself. Elves generally take time and patience to learn everything they do down to the finest detail. Humans by contrast live brief and busy lives, and to survive, we learn the basics very fast. To master more advanced arts that require patience, precision and timing takes us a bit longer, but in the end, we all reach the same destination, and the same conclusion - Perfection does not exist, only the endless journey of improvement. We must always strive to better ourselves and those around us. You will contribute to this, with us and with your own people, Levi will as well in his own way." Then Hrothor's grin went a little softer. "The other part of your problem is your confusion and your coming of age... You are starting to analyse boys a little differently it seems. The way you focused on Levi's smile, despite his innocence, it seems you are trying to figure out if he is suitable or not. But, before you start saying I do not know what I am saying, that as a human i could not understand, I want you to have a read of this first. It's from your family back in Minktail, from your grandmother I believe. I got one from her myself the same time this one arrived for you." he said as he withdrew the letter from his desk drawer and handed it to her.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:Anastasia blinked as he probed her mind, wishing to be made known of her inner thoughts and concerns. She looked to the desk's surface once again, and pouts. "Affirmative... I have been residing in this tower for a time now. I know that the mortals have their odd quirks, as do we Elves, but for a few I simply can't rationalize their actions." she explained. "One of my fellow squires, the one I assaulted, in particular has made me feel... off as of late." she began, looking down at her hand.

Hrothor sat in silence for only a few moments, his face a contemplative look, but within his near silver eyes, he knew, and he smiled slightly. "I see... You are reaching that age now as well if I guess correctly." he said almost cryptically, but no malice was behind his voice at all.

"Anastasia, allow me to help you understand a few things. Firstly, Levi is from a humble village that possesses few modern conveniences. He was not raised by his parents for the lifestyle of politics, courtly business, noble beaurocracies, or big city life in general. He really is naive with regards to many things most take for granted in modernized cities. Secondly, compared to you in particular, he really has not been with us for that long, as opposed to a few years, he has been here only a few months. Plus, his learning rate as a human differs from that of an Elf like yourself. Elves generally take time and patience to learn everything they do down to the finest detail. Humans by contrast live brief and busy lives, and to survive, we learn the basics very fast. To master more advanced arts that require patience, precision and timing takes us a bit longer, but in the end, we all reach the same destination, and the same conclusion - Perfection does not exist, only the endless journey of improvement. We must always strive to better ourselves and those around us. You will contribute to this, with us and with your own people, Levi will as well in his own way." Then Hrothor's grin went a little softer. "The other part of your problem is your confusion and your coming of age... You are starting to analyse boys a little differently it seems. The way you focused on Levi's smile, despite his innocence, it seems you are trying to figure out if he is suitable or not. But, before you start saying I do not know what I am saying, that as a human i could not understand, I want you to have a read of this first. It's from your family back in Minktail, from your grandmother I believe. I got one from her myself the same time this one arrived for you." he said as he withdrew the letter from his desk drawer and handed it to her.

She nodded. "I heard the Paladin say something similar. I guess it would make sense to you mortals, but if Levi's of a similar level to myself, I'd expect more of a warrior than some doe eyed milk drinker!" She then sighed, cupping her face with her hand. "Even now, his face plagues me..." she grumbled.

However, the Grandfatherly man's next set of words made Ana... pause.

She stared at him silently, her large eyes appearing to be full of worry while her lips remained a straight, firm line. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment as Hrothor suggested the concept. She shot up from her seat, hands upon the desk! "Are you trying to suggest...I? W-What would you know ab-?!" she began but before she could continue was handed a letter with her Grandmother's seal. Her lips were agape as her eyes focused on the sealed letter.

Ana took the letter silently and checked it over. "This... is from Minktail." she blinked, checking it over and over again. It carried the jungle like smell, and had her Grandmother's handwriting and seal to further prove its authenticity.
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:47 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:She nodded. "I heard the Paladin say something similar. I guess it would make sense to you mortals, but if Levi's of a similar level to myself, I'd expect more of a warrior than some doe eyed milk drinker!" She then sighed, cupping her face with her hand. "Even now, his face plagues me..." she grumbled.

However, the Grandfatherly man's next set of words made Ana... pause.

She stared at him silently, her large eyes appearing to be full of worry while her lips remained a straight, firm line. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment as Hrothor suggested the concept. She shot up from her seat, hands upon the desk! "Are you trying to suggest...I? W-What would you know ab-?!" she began but before she could continue was handed a letter with her Grandmother's seal. Her lips were agape as her eyes focused on the sealed letter.

Ana took the letter silently and checked it over. "This... is from Minktail." she blinked, checking it over and over again. It carried the jungle like smell, and had her Grandmother's handwriting and seal to further prove its authenticity.

Hrothor smiled again, expecting Anastasia's brief outburst when he handed her her family's letter. "Take your time, and read your letter. I can depart if you wish for some privacy Anastasia." he offered.

"But to answer your partial question, I would actually know a great deal, not only from your grandmother's letter, but from personal experiences with several elves during my travels." Hrothor's story was vague today it seemed.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 am

Anastasia glanced up at him with a raised brow. "Is that so?" she inquired the sagely man, before opening the letter, to view the contents herself.
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleyne Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:36 am

Upon opening the envelope, a small folded piece of parchment was within. Written in Elvish, Anastasia would soon make sense of the contents within:

Dear Anastasia,

Happy 50th birthday!! It hasn't felt long since you've come into this world, but starting today you're officially an adult! I can imagine my 50th like it was yesterday, between the intense feelings of lust and romance! You're going to love it! You must be confused, which is understandable since you left our tribe for your honorary role at the White Tower still so young! Hence the meaning of my letter. I've put this note off for a while, but hopefully it will see you through considering what I'm about to tell you is important to know, and what all Elves at your age should be made aware of before they potentially do something... silly.

When we turn 50, our hormones begin to take a drastic turn, and your body is now fully mature! Well, it may still be developing and shaping into your adult stage body yet, we can still look like a mortal teenager for another three or four years after our 50th. I'm evading the point, so I'll just come out and say it: you are sexually mature. Odd reading that... but its best to let you know now before your emotions get too out of whack and, well, you end up with a child from some poor chap you pinned down and pleasured. Anyway, its is similar to how Humans develop, but for us Elves, due to our emotional sensitivity, it's a tad more serious I'm afraid.

You know we Elves are very sensitive in all manners of things. Spiritually, to nature's call, and especially towards emotions. We do our best to suppress them, but its in this early stage of life we actually have to 'let it loose' so to speak. Not sexually. Emotionally. We have to open up and take in the emotions of the people around you. Not only will this help you understand them, but it will ease your mind. Mortals can be very annoying, confusing and stupid creatures. However... sometimes they can be easily just as compatible lovers. Not saying you have to marry any of them! Primals forebid, your mother and soon to be father would flay you mad! But, what they don't know won't hurt them <3 I myself have lain with humans, I suggest Scardians for they're hearty and stamina wise are willing. That old coot in the White Tower especially, PRIMALS, that man was a STALLION-

Anastasia dropped the letter at this point with a vacant, disturbed expression upon her face.
Alleyne Loraethan
Alleyne Loraethan
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:55 am

Hrothor's face twitched slightly, and he knew which part Ana must have just read. "Yes, well... *Clears through slightly embarassed* Your grandmother was quite persuasive with her methods I must say. At the time, I could not have been much older than Levi is now, and probably just as naive. I was a native of the coastal regions to the west of Kilwood. Lived modestly, took only what we needed to survive from the seas and woods. it was a good simple life. But the call to arms came even for us, and I was drafted to his majesty's service as a soldier. Earned my knighthood in battle, and went on to train at the tower under my predecessor, Lord Geralt Quicksilver. It was during my time in the serve, and later during my squireship that I met your Grandmother Alleyne. Ah many times have I been under the auspices of her. Her tales and stories intrigued me. Fables and tales of heroes and monsters long since faded. Alas, my physical prowess is what interested Alleyne... And not just for that reason. She fussed over every new scar, and every old wound or injury I incurred in my work...." Hrothor realized he had rambled on a little bit.

"But I suppose, from that story, the lesson you need to learn is, don't disregard mortals so readily, we can surprise you. And levi is new, young, and naive to be certain, but his potential is staggering, on a number of fronts. Don't count him out just because he doesn't want to see you as an enemy. Remeber this, he may be the best ally you could have in the coming years when you must face real foes on the battlefield." Hrothor's face then darkened, and turned sad, yet stern. "After all... War is coming soon..."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor's face twitched slightly, and he knew which part Ana must have just read. "Yes, well... *Clears through slightly embarassed* Your grandmother was quite persuasive with her methods I must say. At the time, I could not have been much older than Levi is now, and probably just as naive. I was a native of the coastal regions to the west of Kilwood. Lived modestly, took only what we needed to survive from the seas and woods. it was a good simple life. But the call to arms came even for us, and I was drafted to his majesty's service as a soldier. Earned my knighthood in battle, and went on to train at the tower under my predecessor, Lord Geralt Quicksilver. It was during my time in the serve, and later during my squireship that I met your Grandmother Alleyne. Ah many times have I been under the auspices of her. Her tales and stories intrigued me. Fables and tales of heroes and monsters long since faded. Alas, my physical prowess is what interested Alleyne... And not just for that reason. She fussed over every new scar, and every old wound or injury I incurred in my work...." Hrothor realized he had rambled on a little bit.

"But I suppose, from that story, the lesson you need to learn is, don't disregard mortals so readily, we can surprise you. And levi is new, young, and naive to be certain, but his potential is staggering, on a number of fronts. Don't count him out just because he doesn't want to see you as an enemy. Remeber this, he may be the best ally you could have in the coming years when you must face real foes on the battlefield." Hrothor's face then darkened, and turned sad, yet stern. "After all... War is coming soon..."

As Hrothor continued to bashfully recount his... interactions with her Grandmother, Ana blankly stared at the desk, her mind filling with... rather corrupting images. Please....stahp. She thought, flustered as she imagined her Grandmother and Lord Hrothor in compromising states.

She glanced up as he seemed to change the topic away from their relationship and back to Levi and the moral of the lesson. "I think what I learned is that I should have received this letter two years ago, my Grandmother is a procrastinator at times, and that she wants me to open up... in various meanings of the word..." she blinked, flustered before adding: "He is a rival, that much I have reserved him as. A comrade at arms? True. But as a partner, I doubt that would be the case." she explains, before sighing.

"True, its not hard to sense that Abdel's legions are going to do something soon, if not Galideno first. The two are worlds apart, and every country in between is going to get caught in their crossfire..." she said with her stock standard expression, easing up some again.
Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:As Hrothor continued to bashfully recount his... interactions with her Grandmother, Ana blankly stared at the desk, her mind filling with... rather corrupting images. Please....stahp. She thought, flustered as she imagined her Grandmother and Lord Hrothor in compromising states.

She glanced up as he seemed to change the topic away from their relationship and back to Levi and the moral of the lesson. "I think what I learned is that I should have received this letter two years ago, my Grandmother is a procrastinator at times, and that she wants me to open up... in various meanings of the word..." she blinked, flustered before adding: "He is a rival, that much I have reserved him as. A comrade at arms? True. But as a partner, I doubt that would be the case." she explains, before sighing.

"True, its not hard to sense that Abdel's legions are going to do something soon, if not Galideno first. The two are worlds apart, and every country in between is going to get caught in their crossfire..." she said with her stock standard expression, easing up some again.

"Well, I don't think he would become your life partner somehow. there are some traditions that the elves of Minktail hold most dear, and keeping Elves with Elves is among them when it comes to finding a proper partner for marriage. However, every Elf goes through the changes you are now, and all know the risks younglings like yourself - comparatively speaking - would have should you try to fight and stop the change. And yes, I am aware I am not that much older than you are, comparatively speaking. Thats why I brought up different learning rates between Elves and Humans. We Humans mature much faster than Elves, we absorb and learn information more quickly if not as precisely. And we grow old and die much faster.... However, we are a hearty species. Elves live so much longer than we do. They can accumulate entire libraries of information, and utilize that knowledge with an ease and grace no mortal can match, and only higher plane beings could outpace." Hrothor's words came back to the Black kingdom.

"Abdel's insurrection is simply the speartip. I have a feeling that man is going to bring something far worse down upon this world... Your Grandmother gave me a warning as an Oracle not long after I met her. 'The black king walks in the shadow of a much greater evil. The throne of Sin a seat above his own, and through his corruption, the one winged War god, black of feather will seek to destroy the world, eyes of the Fallen ever watching.'"
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Loraethan Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 am

Anastasia Loraethan wrote:As Hrothor continued to bashfully recount his... interactions with her Grandmother, Ana blankly stared at the desk, her mind filling with... rather corrupting images. Please....stahp. She thought, flustered as she imagined her Grandmother and Lord Hrothor in compromising states.

"Well, I don't think he would become your life partner somehow. there are some traditions that the elves of Minktail hold most dear, and keeping Elves with Elves is among them when it comes to finding a proper partner for marriage. However, every Elf goes through the changes you are now, and all know the risks younglings like yourself - comparatively speaking - would have should you try to fight and stop the change. And yes, I am aware I am not that much older than you are, comparatively speaking. Thats why I brought up different learning rates between Elves and Humans. We Humans mature much faster than Elves, we absorb and learn information more quickly if not as precisely. And we grow old and die much faster.... However, we are a hearty species. Elves live so much longer than we do. They can accumulate entire libraries of information, and utilize that knowledge with an ease and grace no mortal can match, and only higher plane beings could outpace." Hrothor's words came back to the Black kingdom.

"Abdel's insurrection is simply the speartip. I have a feeling that man is going to bring something far worse down upon this world... Your Grandmother gave me a warning as an Oracle not long after I met her. 'The black king walks in the shadow of a much greater evil. The throne of Sin a seat above his own, and through his corruption, the one winged War god, black of feather will seek to destroy the world, eyes of the Fallen ever watching.'"

Ana grunts with annoyance, but nodded. Her face was flustered and she had her arms crossed as she silently agreed to his logic.

Upon the mentioning of a warning her grandmother made, she raised a brow. "One winged War God... but, all the War Gods have all their wings intact." She stated rhetorically, something that was common knowledge to both man and elf. "Unless, its some sort of metaphor?" she questioned, before sighing. "The War Gods don't want anything to do with the Elves, we are not in their favor unlike the Primals." She shrugged. "My knowledge is limited to scripture concerning the Twelve. But theocracy debates aside, my Grandmother's predictions are vague but rarely wrong. I suppose we should try to decipher her words before it comes to world destruction."

Anastasia Loraethan
Anastasia Loraethan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am

Hrothor shook his head. "We already deciphered it, with the help of the Scroll of Prophecy that house Blade-Breaker has guarded for generations. It was unlocked only by the blood key of ancient dragons that flows through the veins of house Dragonsworn. With the Scroll, Lord Blade Breaker has found the real threat behind Abdel's aggression. However, that is a story for another time. You are not ready for such dire circumstances, especially in your current condition. I urge you Ana, learn to control your newly developing mental state. But do not become an automaton - cold and emotionless. That is not who you are, nor who you are meant to be. I know you sometimes feel that to suppress your emotions you have to erase them, but there are times when I have seen you also act with kindness and compassion, when you offer to help someone in need, or when you treat an injury after practice, and even when you try to take command to help others during emergencies. The fire in classroom 203B last year when Hexas misaligned his chemistry station and mixed nitrogen and glicerine. Even if you do not realize it, beneath the cold shell you surround yourself with, you have a core of kindness that is warmer than a summers day. Don't lose sight of who you are."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Anastasia Hemlock Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:36 am

Click click click...

The sound of the Major's heels as her boots transitioned from deep blue carpets to glossy blue-white marble tile. She was in the uniform of the Galideno Concordat, the union of Tenik's technological brilliance, the Gunslinger's fighting prowess and the Greater Church of Hazoria and the other eleven Gods, albeit modified to better suit her combat needs. However, suiting her body's specifications for ideal combat also turned a lot of heads as young pages and pervy masters alike in the tower could not keep their eyes off the busty and well rounded female warrior as she passed by:

Hrothor's Office and Study Major_Anastasia_Hemlock1

Her bearing passed her off as Scardian, though she held no abilities of one, but she was accepted here just the same as a young girl. For a standard human, Major Anastasia Joye Hemlock was able to keep up with the rest of the Scardian men and women just as well. Her long blond hair flowing like cornsilk as she turned abruptly to the door of her former mentor and knocked. "Lord Hrothor... may I come in? Its Ana Hemlock." She called out with a serene and cool voice that made some of her newfound audience melt in their clothes. Looks, voice... and if any had challenged her to a duel? Talent. She looked like a movie star in military clothing.
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Recruit
Recruit

Valudar Blade-Breaker and Hrothor the Honored like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:41 am

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:Click click click...

The sound of the Major's heels as her boots transitioned from deep blue carpets to glossy blue-white marble tile. She was in the uniform of the Galideno Concordat, the union of Tenik's technological brilliance, the Gunslinger's fighting prowess and the Greater Church of Hazoria and the other eleven Gods, albeit modified to better suit her combat needs. However, suiting her body's specifications for ideal combat also turned a lot of heads as young pages and pervy masters alike in the tower could not keep their eyes off the busty and well rounded female warrior as she passed by:

Her bearing passed her off as Scardian, though she held no abilities of one, but she was accepted here just the same as a young girl. For a standard human, Major Anastasia Joye Hemlock was able to keep up with the rest of the Scardian men and women just as well. Her long blond hair flowing like cornsilk as she turned abruptly to the door of her former mentor and knocked. "Lord Hrothor... may I come in? Its Ana Hemlock." She called out with a serene and cool voice that made some of her newfound audience melt in their clothes. Looks, voice... and if any had challenged her to a duel? Talent. She looked like a movie star in military clothing.

Hrothor had returned not too long ago from his trip into Kilwood Forest. He was sitting at his desk, penning letters when there was a knocking on his door. "Of course, Ana. Come in, it's unlocked." he answered her, as his placed his old quill into it's holster, and placing the half finished letters into a tray on the far side of his desk, and sat back. The sound of a fire in the earth was crackling. Hrothor himself even with his age was very old fashioned and rustic in many ways. he didn't abhor modern technologies and conveniences by any means, but there was something to be said for the nostalgia of old fashioned methods. Timber fueled house fire hearths brought him comfort in ways that electric or gas powered heaters could not, for instance. Hrothor leaaned back in his armchair, turning it to face the fire, and he took a small sip of scotch from the glass resting on the armrest.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Major Anastasia Hemlock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Anastasia Hemlock Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:41 am

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:Click click click...

Hrothor had returned not too long ago from his trip into Kilwood Forest. He was sitting at his desk, penning letters when there was a knocking on his door. "Of course, Ana. Come in, it's unlocked." he answered her, as his placed his old quill into it's holster, and placing the half finished letters into a tray on the far side of his desk, and sat back. The sound of a fire in the earth was crackling. Hrothor himself even with his age was very old fashioned and rustic in many ways. he didn't abhor modern technologies and conveniences by any means, but there was something to be said for the nostalgia of old fashioned methods. Timber fueled house fire hearths brought him comfort in ways that electric or gas powered heaters could not, for instance. Hrothor leaaned back in his armchair, turning it to face the fire, and he took a small sip of scotch from the glass resting on the armrest.

Ana entered the room upon being given permission, removing her peaked cap as she did and bowed her head to the mentor and whom she considered one of her friends. The sound of the crackling fire caused her eyes to shift to the fireplace, before returning the big grey orbs towards Hrothor. "It's been far to long, Lord Hrothor." She said with a smile. She then crossed the rug, her bootheels muffled as she then took a seat before her former teacher, removing her sword and scabbard from her hip to better sit. "You look well." She added, keeping her warm smile, a rare sight to those who knew her in Galideno, but not to people close to her like Hrothor and a handful of others.
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Recruit
Recruit

Darkstorm Zero likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:27 pm

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:Ana entered the room upon being given permission, removing her peaked cap as she did and bowed her head to the mentor and whom she considered one of her friends. The sound of the crackling fire caused her eyes to shift to the fireplace, before returning the big grey orbs towards Hrothor. "It's been far to long, Lord Hrothor." She said with a smile. She then crossed the rug, her bootheels muffled as she then took a seat before her former teacher, removing her sword and scabbard from her hip to better sit. "You look well." She added, keeping her warm smile, a rare sight to those who knew her in Galideno, but not to people close to her like Hrothor and a handful of others.

The elder warrior smiled as Anastasia sat across from him. He took up a steel fireplace wood poker, and began to stoke the flames a little. "It is good to see you again Ana, how are you?" he asked. Ana was one of his many students here in the tower. She was gifted, and talented despite having none of the natural Scardian advantages of strength and speed. She made up the difference with hard work and dedication - a trait he wished some of his other apprentices had at times. To him, Ana was focused and dedicated, and now, she was powerful enough to walk her own path, which is all a teacher could ever hope for.

Once he finished stoking the flames back to an acceptable heat, his eyes turned back to Ana, and he poured her a small glass of scotch for her. "So, what brings you to my hearth this day?"
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Major Anastasia Hemlock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Anastasia Hemlock Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:48 pm

Major Anastasia Hemlock wrote:Ana entered the room upon being given permission, removing her peaked cap as she did and bowed her head to the mentor and whom she considered one of her friends. The sound of the crackling fire caused her eyes to shift to the fireplace, before returning the big grey orbs towards Hrothor. "It's been far to long, Lord Hrothor." She said with a smile. She then crossed the rug, her bootheels muffled as she then took a seat before her former teacher, removing her sword and scabbard from her hip to better sit. "You look well." She added, keeping her warm smile, a rare sight to those who knew her in Galideno, but not to people close to her like Hrothor and a handful of others.

The elder warrior smiled as Anastasia sat across from him. He took up a steel fireplace wood poker, and began to stoke the flames a little. "It is good to see you again Ana, how are you?" he asked. Ana was one of his many students here in the tower. She was gifted, and talented despite having none of the natural Scardian advantages of strength and speed. She made up the difference with hard work and dedication - a trait he wished some of his other apprentices had at times. To him, Ana was focused and dedicated, and now, she was powerful enough to walk her own path, which is all a teacher could ever hope for.

Once he finished stoking the flames back to an acceptable heat, his eyes turned back to Ana, and he poured her a small glass of scotch for her. "So, what brings you to my hearth this day?"

"I've been better, I won't lie. Not that I could to you anyway." She remarked, closing her eyes and half smiling. "I just got back from Domescadia from a mission that went south after weeks of prepwork and secrecy. I can't go into details, but many good men and women died." She said, gripping her balled up fists tight till the knuckles went white. Her lidded eyes seemed elsewhere as she recalled the Lieutenant from the Redscarves Unit buying her time. They were all captured, and given the particular Legion that did the deed... there was no question that he and the rest of the Redscarves were dead. "Soulless bastards captured and killed them as I was forced to retreat. They told me to take a small leave of absence. They don't want one of their top Military Officers to have a psyche break after being surrounded and nearly killed by the enemy. They may be right... they may also be keeping me from crying 'mole' out of fear of a witch hunt. Can never be too careful though, especially during these days I suppose." She continued.

She looked over to the crackling flames. She then noted the glass of scotch, and smiled. "Thanks." She then looked down at the swirling amber fluid before continuing. "...but I'm not one for 'vacations', so I decided to return to Scardia to see you, Lord Blade-Breaker and look for promising candidates for the Galideno Foreign Exchange program." She explained. The Galideno Foreign Exchange program was what it suggested, a program where soldiers or promising individuals from foreign nations to the Holy Galideno Concordat were temporarily recruited by said Concordat military and train alongside troops. In a way, she was looking for a student or number of students to teach from the established White Tower. "I've been... admittedly lazy with this duty, and should have at least sent one of my subordinates to do this months ago; but figured now was better than later and if I'm here, may as well do the evaluations in person..." She sighed.
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Major Anastasia Hemlock
Recruit
Recruit

Hrothor the Honored likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next