Gilgamesh's Wizard Tower

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gilgamesh's Wizard Tower

Post  Gilgamesh on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Gilgamesh sat within the highly crafted chair, half hidden behind an ancient tome she was buried into. A gift from someone that was not her soon appointed husband, a book that she was given from someone better. A friend.

The alchemical lights, the floating lanterns which danced about Gilgamesh's personal library which was both her hideaway and prison. When in the company of tyrants, it is generally rare for one to choose their own prison chambers. "Hmmm..." she hummed in a bored manner, lowering the heavy leather bound tome to lay it upon the glossy redwood table. Her glowing, crimson orbs needed not the light of the lanterns which reflected off its glossy surface, for all Teronians can see in the absence of light. Their eyes were, after all, not their own. They were Sirius'. She closes the large book she's re-read countless of times, and looked at her reflection in the glossy table that was suddenly revealed. Only her tanned petite features glared back with an unimpressed expression and glowing garnet eyes.

She closed said eyes, sighing in a depressed manner. How long had she been condemned to this tower in self imposed exile, for even a handful of moments at Abdel's side made her gut churn, and her muscles ache with displeasure. If not for her countryman who worked here, whom he used at his advantage to keep her within his walls... she would have left ages ago. She leaned back, her dark twintails bouncing and drifting in the darkness of her study, wallowing silently in the shadows of her unfortunate fate. Granted, she was working on a way to remove herself from Abdel's treasury, and thankfully she was not alone in this endeavor. Though some saw loyalty to Abdel for his promise of wealth, his status as Sirius' Chosen Avatar, swearing fealty to the Black Emperor in order for him not to absorb their entire race's dark energy... there were a few willing to see the Emperor dead. Cloaked in shadows, and with precautions set in place, the pact between these rebels and Gilgamesh were able to continue work even under Abdel's calculating nose. They were careful, for not only was she involved, but so were members of Teronia's Shadow Council- their governing body, and a guild of Thieves in Scardia with close ties with the Council.
Gilgamesh
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gilgamesh's Wizard Tower

Post  Galaerion on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:14 pm

The shadows of the room shifted and twisted slightly, suddenly. and held still for a few moments, before the heavy bootsteps could be heard, along with the slight jingle of metal meeting and sliding against metal, before the Beijionese-turned-Teronian, Galaerion appeared, and bowed before Gilgamesh. "My lady" he greeted.

His own crimson eyes scanned the chamber, and Gilgamesh would see that Galaerion was actually casting a spell to seal off all sight and sound from the outside, so that nobody could eavesdrop on them while they spoke. When he sealed the chamber with his dark magic, he began. "The project is now in motion my lady. Lord Valundar has agreed, and has taken steps to secure the island and it's Bavarium, meanwhile, Lord Hrothor secures the technology, and Ooromov is procuring the manpower and funding for the project. Soon, we will be able to move you from this place, and we will have the means to defeat the Usurper directly should he come for you."
Galaerion
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilgamesh on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:34 pm

She saw a deeper darkness creep upon the walls of the room, covering the spines of books upon rows of shelving and past her instruments of study, test tubes and beakers and the like. The Academic realized she was no longer alone, and thus smiled warmly as she heard the heavy boots step forth somewhere in the dark. She turned to face them, elbow propped on the spine of the wooden chair, smiling warmly at her guest, her ever steadfast friend and one of the thirteen at the seat of Teronia's Shadow Council. "Galaerion!" she exclaimed, sounding elastic and energetic to see someone not Domescan or part of Abdel's entourage; not to mention her fellow conspirator and friend. She bowed her head to him, smiling. "It has been too long Gala. I hope both Councils haven't been keeping you too busy. I'd imagine it be hard to keep much of a personal life working as the head of Teronian Politics in the Shadow Council, while the other one has you run errands. I can understand why you haven't been in touch lately because of both." she says, frowning.

She stood up from her seat, her skirt flowing around her bare thighs; the traditional garb of the Domescadian royalty was a bit too bright, flashy and revealing for a woman of Teronia like herself, but she had grown accustomed to it. "Sounds like everything is going according to plan then. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to collect any more info from Abdel as of late..." she then blinked, suddenly remembering something. "Wait, scratch that. I couldn't help but overhear him speaking with Milosh and the other Headhunters about prisoners. Whether that is our fellow countrymen or not, I know not. But he was ordering them to collect a few who escaped to eastern Domescadia, into the lands not yet occupied by him." she added. "I-I hope I am still being useful. I can't just idle in Domescadia while everyone else is working hard for not only my sake, but the sake of this very planet." she says, fearing what Abdel may do if he were to continue on with his rule.
Gilgamesh
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaerion on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:44 pm

"My lady, your time will come. When you are free of Abdel, and whomever he serves, your unique connection to Lord Sirius will make what you do afterwards more than almost any of the rest of us." Galaerion's eyes became downcast. "I am getting as many of our people out of Abdel's reach as I can, but I am not yet strong enough to face him directly. The headhunters, even Milosh, I can defeat fairly enough, but Abdel is still beyond my reach, and I will never consume the innocent as he does to close the gap. That is not our way, despite the lies Abdel has been led to believe..." his eyes opened, glinting in the darkness. "But with this project, we will have a way to finally beat him. As long as he does not discover it before Lord Valundar is ready."

He then thought for a moment, and smirked. "It's ironic... A Scardian lord willing to help out the very people his ancestors cast out of Scardia so long ago."
Galaerion
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilgamesh on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:25 am

Galaerion wrote:"My lady, your time will come. When you are free of Abdel, and whomever he serves, your unique connection to Lord Sirius will make what you do afterwards more than almost any of the rest of us." Galaerion's eyes became downcast. "I am getting as many of our people out of Abdel's reach as I can, but I am not yet strong enough to face him directly. The headhunters, even Milosh, I can defeat fairly enough, but Abdel is still beyond my reach, and I will never consume the innocent as he does to close the gap. That is not our way, despite the lies Abdel has been led to believe..." his eyes opened, glinting in the darkness. "But with this project, we will have a way to finally beat him. As long as he does not discover it before Lord Valundar is ready."

He then thought for a moment, and smirked. "It's ironic... A Scardian lord willing to help out the very people his ancestors cast out of Scardia so long ago."

Gilgamesh smiled, turning to face the man as she went to return the tome to the shelf. "The world is filled with irony these days. Here we are, living in an industrialized era after several centuries of being in the dark. Then again, us from Teronia are always in the dark." she chuckled, before turning away. "But its more than that. There are things I'm sure Scar'd himself regretted before he ascended. I like to believe, that many of the better Scardian's try to make up for what he could not achieve in his long life." She sighed, turning to face Gala again. "Speaking of regrets, have you yet seen your daughter? You spoke of her becoming a private investigator the last chance we spoke. Have you yet not gone to see her?" she asked, personally.
Gilgamesh
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaerion on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Gilgamesh smiled, turning to face the man as she went to return the tome to the shelf. "The world is filled with irony these days. Here we are, living in an industrialized era after several centuries of being in the dark. Then again, us from Teronia are always in the dark." she chuckled, before turning away. "But its more than that. There are things I'm sure Scar'd himself regretted before he ascended. I like to believe, that many of the better Scardian's try to make up for what he could not achieve in his long life." She sighed, turning to face Gala again. "Speaking of regrets, have you yet seen your daughter? You spoke of her becoming a private investigator the last chance we spoke. Have you yet not gone to see her?" she asked, personally.

Galaerion chuckled and his posture relaxed somewhat. "Actually... I met her, only a few hours ago. I spoke to her. She was angry at first, but she understands my reasons. She still cares." he said as he smiled at the recent memory. Then he switched back a topic. "Having lived and worked alongside Lord Valundar, Lord Hrothor, and his family, among others, I've learned much more about their philosophy. Many of the founding principals of their culture were changed for the better by Scar'd. Many more were founded by him or in his name. And one of the principals that Lord valundar invokes for this project is simply this - 'A Scardian's strength is never to be used in the conquest of other lands, for we are not people who crave the fires of war, we do not seek to obliterate cultures, destroy lives, or enslave peoples, instead we raise our arms for battle in defense of those who cannot fight for themselves, that we may lend our strength to those who have it not, and defend our world from the predations of evil in all it's forms. For we are the blood of Scar'd, we are warriors of righteous might, and there is no justiice or righteousness in murder. We go where we are needed, and we fight for a just cause.'"
Galaerion
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top