Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Dwarf and Forge!

Go down

Of Dwarf and Forge!  Empty Of Dwarf and Forge!

Post  Crisis Rocan Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:45 am

Blasted beast, last time I work a forge near the infernal abyss! Almost too my leg off.

The voice was gruff, stony even as though it belonged to a child of the earth, because it did. He was dwarf, he was old older than some dirt and he didn't belong on Galiavan. He hobbled out of a pool of mud, teeming with a life force he could sense, an energy unlike any, no almost any he had felt before. He was no being of magic, in fact he was a void to the magical arts as a whole. A gift he considered it to be unaffected by and unable to use the mystic forces of nature as well. And still he hobbled free of the water his left leg being slow to come up, as though something was pulling him back into the waters, back from whence he came.

A hand, more claw and talon than humanoid firmly gripped his left leg coming above the water as he lunged forward trying to break free of the beast grip, for beast it was. A beast unlike any he had seen in all his time and travels, a create thought to exist only within the infernal abyss which he had been dragged through. That was more of a shock than the hand trying to drag him back into the abyss he had somehow escaped.

It was like a well cast axe biting into his leg digging in as though it was a permanent fixture on his body immovable and solid, with a strength that was slowly crushing the very bones of his leg the longer it held on with more force coming to bear upon him the further he managed to move from the exit to the abyss somewhere hidden within the muddy pool of water he had come from. The pain was fast becoming unbearable even for him. Reaching for the nearest object anything to fight with his hand seized around some round and dull, it would have to do he thought. Swinging with all his might the object struck with immense force unnatural power flowed through and around him encompassing the object with a force derived of nature's energies channeled by his willpower alone.

The claw-like hand broke free of the unseen body it had formerly been attached to smashed free by the power of the Dwarf and his impromptu weapon, a mere stone with nothing special to it at all.

That shoudla'na happen atall! Bleedin Droslanox almost had me entirely that time. Magic? Mighta been a bit of it being repelled across the stone maybe. A rock breaking a Droslanox, never happen again I wager.

He dropped the stone he held to break free of the Droslanox's grip. An experience he did not wish to go through ever again, his life had flashed before his eyes, needless to say it was a good thing the Droslanox was incapable of utilizing its full strength for his life was nearly as long as the history of his last home world. He stood planning to kick the claw of the Droslanox into the pool his foot back half way to the claw when his nature got the best of him. Half rolling to avoid kicking the claw on accident he cradled it into his arms coming to a stand forty-eight degrees to the left of where he had been a few moments before. He began to work as he walked forgetting entirely the dire situation he had been in only a moment before, circling the pool of mud for a few moments he picked grass from the ground long slender reeds of sturdy alien grass. As his hands worked he weaved a strong sturdy basket one without holes or gaps sealed together somehow by his innate ability to repel magical energies and direct them away from himself and his long studied and practiced skills of smithing. Long ago when many races had been first birthed on the world he had just been dragged from he had found his true love his passion and his whole world. The art of creation. He learned to build, to craft, to forge, to create, to make from anything and everything he could place his dwarven hands on. In some ways he was the god of forging, of creation and the mending of the broken; but if you asked him if he were a god, he would probably say that's a new one to him, and go back to whatever it was he was working on single-mindedly.

Like he was now; kneeling he scooped up an undrinkable basket full of water and dropped the claw of the Droslanox into it walking away as he caught the scent of a distant location. A location that called to his blood, a place he could rest for a few moments than began building anew his forge, and start working on something... something that was brewing within his heart as eh cradled his basket of Droslanox claw and primordial ooze in liquid mud form.

He walked and thought as he traveled across the land, a small continent spanning a vast section of ocean between two larger landmasses, no means of easy access to either, but his destination lay on the opposite side of the continent from where he had started. Along the way he scoured things that he came across pieces of wood rocks, stones, metal added each to a pack he weaved to carry his collection of assorted bits and pieces. Always the distant side of the continent his destination. By the time he reached his chosen place to forge, he had a beast of burden drawing a wagon full of the things he gathered along the way. The wagon he fashioned from trees and stones when his materials become too much to carry conveniently; as for the beast of burden...

Now that was a thing of beauty, a few moments of thinking and his hands set all he had been carrying down. Work beckoned him as he spun around gathering in his mind the tools and supplies around him. The things he would need, the things he would have to make, and more importantly the thing he desired to build the tool that would work as his beast of burden. The design formed in his head, crude, but functional in nature for the task it would be destined for. Stone his hands reached for pulling smooth pieces from the ground, in his hands the molded like clay as he fashioned from them crude tools by his standards. A file, the head of a hammer, a toothed blade barely qualifying as a saw, these he crafted from raw stones using only his hands, pressing and pushing pulling and twisting with his strength alone. Taking the saw blade he worked one of the many pieces of wood he had found along the way, shortening it to a mere three feet in length. Next he took the file and began shaving the three foot shaft at one end only slightly the other he carved a groove into it running the length of the shaft for a bit on both sides. Near the middle he carved in old dwarven ruins of his home only one thing his name Toefor. With deft hands he weaved a thread of grass to bind his tools into the shaft one by one. The hammer to the end he shaved only slightly, the file and saw into the grooves on the lower end of the shaft leaving a near two foot handle in the middle to grip it by.

Slowly he swung his hammer around feeling the weight of it with each passing motion the ages of smithing weapons flowing through his mind the feel of the weapon in his hands, the knowledge of its power as a tool of death and war, but also of creation his one true passion. Slowly he walked around the woodlands surrounding him placing his hammer against tree and rock alike for a moment he moved in stillness, and then it began. Had anyone been witness to the movements and motions the old dwarf went through they would have had a hard time keeping track of him. Despite his infinite years he moved with a grace unbecoming of stout short legged half broken old dwarf. His speed when he worked was almost godlike the deftness of his every movement, of every twitch of his body was deliberate and accelerated focused to the ends of the project he had begun. Trees, rocks, dirt, stone, metal all began to flip and flit through the air around him as he worked, the world was not a safe place to be when he worked, the very earth shook with a desire to see his creation brought to life everything i the world bent to his purpose as thought working with him to create that which he sought.

As the dust, debris of trees ,rocks, and metal which had been mined from the earth around him began to settle his work had nearly been finished. A horse of metal and stone, fused with tree and both bark and beam, a mechanical creature of ingenious design. But something was missing something that would make this beast move and function without too much needed effort on his part. He hitched the mechanical horse to the wagon and load his bits and pieces those that he had to work with and all that he saw within short distance. Than he stood before his creation lifeless and stationary, he walked from the wagon carrying his basket of muddy primordial ooze and the claw of the Droslanox to the mechanical horse, sprinkling a few drops of water upon the horses lips and nostrils he walked back to the seat of the wagon and placed the basket there securely. Mounting the seat he lifted reigns made of vines and waited for the life-force to begin pulsing through his beast of burden. And on he traveled until he came to stop at last at the foot of a massive volcano, his wagon full of raw materials to begin his work the design that had been calling to his heart once he looked upon the hand from the abyss with the eyes of the master smith that he was!

First my forge, then... then I'll began working on a beautiful masterpiece, a true testament to skill.

He rested his hand upon the basket beside his seat as eh spoke aloud to himself before setting to work building his forge within the base of the volcano in order to tap into the unparalleled raw force of natures fire to fuel his forge.

Now then this place feels right, a vein of magma not too deep, and just the right temperature to work with flows gentle only a short distance in, perfect for my forge fire. Well off to it then.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

Back to top Go down

Of Dwarf and Forge!  Empty Re: Of Dwarf and Forge!

Post  Crisis Rocan Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm

It was a wondrous sight, the flowing vein of magma near the base of the volcano, like a root of a tree spreading out but not wild, controlled flowing gently in the way a proper stream would. Toefor the dwarf, master smith and general all purpose creator of really cool and useful stuff he thought beneath his true talents, stood dipping his hands into the magma flow. He repelled magic amongst other things, allowing him to work wonders with natures flame the pure destructive force of the volcano, it was to him just one more tool his forge of choice. His hands gliding through the flowing magma bending and plying pressure to a piece of metal giving it shape and form, as well as something else, something only obtainable from the combination of nature's torch and his gift of magical repulsion.

As he worked heedless of the world around him time passed and life went on, one weapon at a time his hands forged the basic of the tools of war. During the time that he focused on his task all around him things changed came and went the flow of magma shifted from time to time changing the shape and layout of his forge. Creatures wandered in and out of his forge, among them the lizardmen the 'tor stealing looks at the dwarf and his tool, gaining ideas for their own ends as they delved into the earth fleeing their god. Once or twice they watch how he forged a simple tool and took the risk to swipe the newly crafted piece for themselves. The dwarf never seemed to notice the loss or acknowledge it, rather it seemed s though he felt a need to make more and when those were gone too he would move on to something else, without every truly looking up to see what happened to his works.

To his credit, he never truly cared about the simple and basic tools, which included many a fine blade in the long years of his lifespan. Soon he would began the real work, the thing that the volcano had called into his mind when he felt its presence so near to his point of arrival. Time passed quickly for him and yet he never truly noticed just how much when there was no one to inform him of such trifles. Then one day he pulled the piece he had been working on from the magma a blade of remarkable craftsmanship something he felt his soul binding with and set it aside, turning he walked straight out of his forge and did not return for days. When he did he carried with him a sword shaped object crimson as blood and alabaster as bone, shaped vaguely like a sword. The desire to hunt out the object had overtaken him and he new something special was out there to be used and crafted by his hands. Stepping into the forge he tossed it into a corner and returned to the blade he had been making before the tug of the strange material had yanked at his creative instincts.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Toefor stopped what he was doing hands glazed in molten lava as he looked over his shoulder to the entrance to his forge.  Someone was interrupting his work, someone interesting.  Raising his eyebrows he looked over the interloper a talk majestic looking woman, with an astonishing number of tails flicking back and forth behind their back a bit below waist level.

I can feel the power from across the land, there is something strong in the weapons I see here.  It drew me here in my search to find a weapon fitting for the ruler of my people.  We the kitsune wish to honor or elders, it is tradition.  I heard from the animals about that your weapons and armor are beyond the finest in creation.  I would pay for your service in creating...

Toefor looked back to what he was doing in the middle of the kitsune's request ignoring him as he went back to work, irritating the kitsune from his calm approach to the smith whose work was obviously worth the ransom of a kingdom.  He stepped closer trying again.

I mean no disrespect master dwarf, your skills shout to the heavens with praise, a piece from you would be worth any price.
The elders could be honored with no greater honor than a weapon or armor forged by your most...

Toefor merely turned and walked away sliding the piece of metal in his hands into a vat of muddy water than sat to smooth is out with his hands and no other tool.  The kitsune blinked in disbelief the dwarf was ignoring him, fourth in honor among his people one of the potential leaders, pending his gift to the elders to show his worth and value.  His temper flared and his tails all stood erect a glow of magical power seeping from his skin as he drew the blade at his side to channel his might through in order to intimidate the dwarf into doing as he asked.  Nothing, no response whatsoever from the dwarf, his anger rise the kitsune spoke in threat and wrath.

How dare you ignore Inari Kitsune!  How dare a blundering clod of earth spawn, without value or the right to live ignore me!  I am your better and I belong as a leader of my people.   You will make for me a weapon dwarf one that will outshine any other gift. One that shows my power and worth.  A weapon that reflects who I really am, and what I deserve.  You will do it...where?

In the blink of an eye Toefor had moved behind him, the metal he had been smoothing left on the floor where he sat only a second before.  Inari Kitsune stood having never taken his eyes off the dwarf smith, in shock and fear at the master smith's speed and abilities to move beyond his perception.  His anger, and vain, arrogant, pride were as bare to the dwarf as his nine tails and the small of his back which Toefor place a single finger upon.

You wish a blade to reflect your soul, who you are.  To show your power to the world, to your people?  To be remembered for all of time?  ...

I can do this and the price is your tails.  All of them!  If you wish this power to be controllable and not consume you and break you into something less than the egotistical fool that you act taking over your body and mind.  Well it takes great sacrifice, in this case to show all that you are it'll require all that makes you what you are.  I care nothing for you, your people, or your leadership desires.  I will make the blade, or I should say finish it for you.  But it will be at least nine years before it is complete, in that time you must over come that which will define you.  Being devoid of your stature as a great kitsune, Take it or leave it.  The blade will possess all that you asked it to, but the only way for it to become so powerful is to possess the very power you want it to represent, your power, therefore I must use your tails to finish the blade.  I have just such a blade set aside that will suit your desires, it can contain it.  But it will consume you if you cannot overcome your own failures and that which you fear to embrace.  Your power for the power you seek, the gift the prize, in return you have to give it all up for a time and overcome your own weaknesses and failings.

Do it!  I must have this blade I'll pay the pri... ouch!

In a quick motion Toefor seized all ninetails and ripped them free from the Inari Kitsunes backside.  The pain crippling to him as Toefor went back to work on the piece of metal he had been smoothing, the tails neatly stacked on a work bench beside him.

Nine years, do not return a moment before that, oh and if you are not here on that day I do not care where the sword ends up I will have kept my end of the deal.  Now leave you have your own forging to attend to in order to be worth of the blade tailless fox.

Without acknowledging the kitsune further Toefor returned to work.  Eventually Inari Kitsune return to his people on the section of the continent that would become the island of Ryunoshi in the future.  Having sacrificed his tails for his people was shameful to his pride and all that he prided himself on being, be the elders saw it as the ultimate gift and in time a shrine rose to remember him the Inari Kitsune shrine,

Two years later the land to the east of Ryunoshi sank cutting Inari Kitsune off from returning for the sword he had sacrificed so much to have made.  Nine years form the day the sword was commission Toefor took the blade in hand to leave his forge and take it to the ocean to seal the blade and finish it by dipping it into the salted waters, he made it within ten minutes to the oceans edge.  Dipping the blade in the oceans waters he spoke softly over the hilt, soothing the spirit of Inari Kitsune, the part of him that was his power and pride trapped for all of eternity with the blade, a gift and a curse all rolled into one.  Job finished Toefor returned to his forge and the next project.

I knew this was a good spot for a forge, even the land brought the ocean closer for my work, how convenient.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Of Dwarf and Forge!  Empty The start of something otherworldly

Post  Crisis Rocan Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Hmm.. I think the time to leave is nearing, that Godling made an interesting enough request, but something feels important, something I need to begin work on.  Besides this forge is useless with the volcano gone and the island split in twain.

His last project was a sword for a God an Elder deity who had found a rare metal in his forged and asked for it to be bound with his own being to forge an even stronger weapon then the sword shaped object was as it had been for so long in Toefor's care.  A weapon which the forging of had caused the destruction of the volcano forge, his living and work space for ages in had seemed.  The ancient Dwarf took it as a sign that he had stayed in one place for far too long and that he must move about the world a bit.  As with all things the old Dwarf began with what he saw around him to craft his needs into reality.  He had been surround by volcano and ocean for so long that leaving was a task greater than staying would have been.  But leave he must, and so his hands began the work of building one shaped piece at a time a new thing of legend and beauty.

He stood looking over his poor half destroyed metal,stone and wood horse.  The erupting and consequential destruction of the volcano had burnt all the wood from his noble creation, the metal and stone that remained seemed to cling together only from the primordial forces which gave it life in the first place.  The poor thing was charred into ruin, and sadly Toefor acknowledge the trusty steed would never have made the journey over the oceans as he was, before or in his present condition.

Well laddie, looks like you could use some fixin, and yes... yes... yes that would be a kindness to you for the years of loyalty.  We'll fix you up in no time at all I'd miss you too much after all these years.  Well first to the remains of the forge laddie, and we'll have you flappin around better than new.  Better than new, new would be better but better than new.

Mind to work, ruined horse forgotten for the time being Toefor foraged through the remains of his forge and the drifting pieces of this and that in the straight where the volcano had once been.  Of his things he gathered the most important because they distracted him from the task at hand,  The Droslanox claw he used to bind the top of his container of primordial ooze sealed shut.  Inside he kept a metal object the total sum of his true efforts so far on Galiavan a thing he had no use for as of yet.  These he placed with his faithful steed before returning for more materials of use in breathing new life into his mount.  The finest pieces of metal he had gathered over the years, metal cords bindings, and every scrap of useful his hands could touch.  The time to leave was coming quick he would spare nothing to move to where his senses told him he needed to be.

Mind in perfect unison with body, the master of all creation began his next master piece, binding all that remains of the horse with each new piece he had brought with him, the forging o fa new, of the better than new steed was under way.  Days he spent pounding out metal to take the shape within his crafty old eyes, riveting, screwing, cutting and fitting every piece together.  Time slowed and sped up all at once as Toefor worked, when at last he finished the mighty beast breathed deep with renewed vigor and life.  Packing his things inside the steed he climbed atop the broad back of his new old friend and turned him west.  Charging the massive creature of metal reached the shore and leaped into the air stretching out to its full extent neck, legs, pawing feet, lengthy tail and most of all the sleek sharp edged wings.  

Of Dwarf and Forge!  Toefor10

The metal dragon launched itself into the air along with his master the smith, the age old Dwarf Toefor on his journey West.

Now you are a thing of beauty, wake me when we land old friend.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum