Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forerunner's Path

+2
Sasha Simpleswallow
Vern Silverfallow
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forerunner's Path - Page 2 Empty Re: Forerunner's Path

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder wiped her jaw after receiving the slap., the smile turned savage as a slight redness spread around her cheek. "I don't mind a little fight in my prey, but you need to learn some manners....?"

The spider woman suddenly looked down and back along the path, her petipalps and forelegs vibrated ever so slightly. "Hmmm, It would seem second course decided to follow you after all." the Dridder said, before quickly wrapping a line of webbing across her captive's mouth to keep the woman silent and not alert the male.

She left Sasha hanging there and ascended back into the canopy, and watched Vern intently, setting her traps.

Sasha's irises pin-pricked, her lips trembling into a yawn of despair! By the Gods, I'm in deep trouble here! She shivered as the creature's face only went more dark and savage. However, once she spoke of Vern, Sasha felt a slight ray of hope!

"VER-Mmmmph?!" her eyes widened, dripping with tears, the silky webbing of the Dridder forming tightly against her open mouth, silencing her! She whimpered and moaned, wiggling and thrashing in the large web, her frantic movements making her bounce. Oh Gods, she's going to kill Vern! Dammit, I can't warn him like this! her mind frantically screamed, while she continued to thrash wildly.
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:01 am

Sasha Simpleswallow wrote:
Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder wiped her jaw after receiving the slap., the smile turned savage as a slight redness spread around her cheek. "I don't mind a little fight in my prey, but you need to learn some manners....?"

The spider woman suddenly looked down and back along the path, her petipalps and forelegs vibrated ever so slightly. "Hmmm, It would seem second course decided to follow you after all." the Dridder said, before quickly wrapping a line of webbing across her captive's mouth to keep the woman silent and not alert the male.

She left Sasha hanging there and ascended back into the canopy, and watched Vern intently, setting her traps.

Sasha's irises pin-pricked, her lips trembling into a yawn of despair! By the Gods, I'm in deep trouble here! She shivered as the creature's face only went more dark and savage. However, once she spoke of Vern, Sasha felt a slight ray of hope!

"VER-Mmmmph?!" her eyes widened, dripping with tears, the silky webbing of the Dridder forming tightly against her open mouth, silencing her! She whimpered and moaned, wiggling and thrashing in the large web, her frantic movements making her bounce. Oh Gods, she's going to kill Vern! Dammit, I can't warn him like this! her mind frantically screamed, while she continued to thrash wildly.

As Vern carefully progressed, he paused, hearing a panicked attempt of his name, or a grunt of sorts echo across the stretch of green. She's not too far off... damn it, it must have gotten her. I can't just stick around here... I need to move faster! he thought, feeling nervous sweat trickle down the back of his neck. He hated bugs, didn't matter what was involved as a reward, he usually backed out. However... in this particular case he'd feel terrible if he simply left Sasha to her fate. She seemed well enough, if not reckless; due to her naivety and somewhat innocent nature it would crush his soul.

Damn, I better not be getting soft... this isn't worth a kiss, but if I don't do this the 'beast' will win...grrr, crap... he thought, before using his acrobatic capabilities to progress further along the path. He had a feeling in his gut he was walking into a trap, but it also likely meant Sasha was still breathing for time being. He kept his blades at the ready, and ventured further along.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 am

The Dridder waited patiently, spinning her silk, and continued setting her traps, when Vern entered the little grove where Sasha was spinning in mid air, the Dridder pulled several pre-tied lines with her legs, and several cords of webline snaked out.

The effect was immediately apparent, the creature had laid a web net on the forest floor, disguised among the leaves and litter there, but when pulled, the web rose up and ensnared the male human. "Oh how lucky today has been. Havn't eaten anything substantial here in days, I was famished!" said the Dridder as she scuttled towards Vern first, as right now he had the best chance to escape with a lucky swing of his weapon, or spin of his limbs.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder waited patiently, spinning her silk, and continued setting her traps, when Vern entered the little grove where Sasha was spinning in mid air, the Dridder pulled several pre-tied lines with her legs, and several cords of webline snaked out.

The effect was immediately apparent, the creature had laid a web net on the forest floor, disguised among the leaves and litter there, but when pulled, the web rose up and ensnared the male human. "Oh how lucky today has been. Havn't eaten anything substantial here in days, I was famished!" said the Dridder as she scuttled towards Vern first, as right now  he had the best chance to escape with a lucky swing of his weapon, or spin of his limbs.

Vern saw the encroaching webs, and did something unexpected: whilst gripping both blades, he twisted and spun, slicing the thick strands, gathering some upon his blade! Upon dismantling the trap laid out for him, his feet hit a boulder where he perched momentarily. I gotta do this quick... he thought, gathering the strands around his feet and affixing the blades to his legs, he made impromptu stilts! These things should be able to handle my weight and with the webbing they'll hold quite well till I get to Sasha... I hope. He thinks, before leaping up, using the dense trees as his platforms. The smaller target area that blade tips produced would make it harder to catch on the webbing as opposed to his feet, or so he theorized. In either case, if he managed to get his kiss, he'll need to sharpen the blade tips afterward. The blades managed to keep a firm hold onto his knees like splints in form, but in stilts of sorts in usage; thanks to the heavy dridder webbing, it was holding well for now.

He went from trunk to trunk, agile and graceful to a level like Sasha, previously.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Vern continued forth, with his... unconventional method. He could see the spider woman coming into view now, and decided it was time to show he was able to use his free hands and his bladed stilts for legs, drawing his pistols from their holsters, he fires the double action Chimera revolver and the Domescan Luger towards the creature, firing only two rounds from each weapon while his body wound up, spinning in mid jump with his legs extended to cut either the spider or Sasha down!
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

The Dridder had to dash, and scuttle and lunge to avoid the incoming shots and slashes, and used some of her websnare traps as cover as she disappeared back into the shadows of the canopy of the trees.

"Flailing like a blender's blade will not avail you human. Not against Dridder silk" the sultry voice spoke from the shadows. The rustling of leaves echoed through the boughs, difficult to pinpoint, as the rustling seemed to come from multiple directions, as the creature got into a new position.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder had to dash, and scuttle and lunge to avoid the incoming shots and slashes, and used some of her websnare traps as cover as she disappeared back into the shadows of the canopy of the trees.

"Flailing like a blender's blade will not avail you human. Not against Dridder silk" the sultry voice spoke from the shadows. The rustling of leaves echoed through the boughs, difficult to pinpoint, as the rustling seemed to come from multiple directions, as the creature got into a new position.

Vern fell to the forest floor, rolling on the path, the blades sparking against the cobble road. He looks up into the trees, listening to the Dridder's voice that carried through the canopy. He looks to Sasha for a moment, who still hung in the webbing in a silken cocoon. "I told you not to run ahead..." he says with lidded eyes, his face expressing annoyance, before shifting into concern. "Just hang tight, this shouldn't take too long..." He holstered his guns, prying the blades from his legs, the tough silk hard to remove but was able to remove them all the same.

He remained still, closing his eyes as he used... 'other senses' to isolate the sounds of the huntress in the wood. He could sense the movement of the beast, almost see it in slow motion with these altered senses as the spider woman made its way to a newer, advantageous position!

His eyes flashed, gleaming with wolf like ferocity. He inhaled, and could smell its murky darkness coming from the same location it was moving towards! He turned on his heels, taking one of the long blades in hand before throwing it like a dagger towards the Dridder! The blade pinwheeled with a powerful spiraling motion, the power in Vern's thrust was unnatural, not typical of a mortal less they were Scardian perhaps! The blade cutting through the untouched overgrowth without pause, seemingly not registering the branches or limbs that were cut through its devastating path!
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Vern Silverfallow wrote:Vern fell to the forest floor, rolling on the path, the blades sparking against the cobble road. He looks up into the trees, listening to the Dridder's voice that carried through the canopy. He looks to Sasha for a moment, who still hung in the webbing in a silken cocoon. "I told you not to run ahead..." he says with lidded eyes, his face expressing annoyance, before shifting into concern. "Just hang tight, this shouldn't take too long..." He holstered his guns, prying the blades from his legs, the tough silk hard to remove but was able to remove them all the same.

He remained still, closing his eyes as he used... 'other senses' to isolate the sounds of the huntress in the wood. He could sense the movement of the beast, almost see it in slow motion with these altered senses as the spider woman made its way to a newer, advantageous position!

His eyes flashed, gleaming with wolf like ferocity. He inhaled, and could smell its murky darkness coming from the same location it was moving towards! He turned on his heels, taking one of the long blades in hand before throwing it like a dagger towards the Dridder! The blade pinwheeled with a powerful spiraling motion, the power in Vern's thrust was unnatural, not typical of a mortal less they were Scardian perhaps! The blade cutting through the untouched overgrowth without pause, seemingly not registering the  branches or limbs that were cut through its devastating path!

Vern's blade suddenly clanged loudly in the eaves, as a mantle of small sparks showered out from behind the leaves. The thrown blade embedding itself in the soil below, then, after several seconds, part of the canopy began to creak, then descend to the underbrush below as sliced wood and discarded branches, revealing the Dridder, holding what looked to be a long bladed polearm.

Forerunner's Path - Page 2 1200?cb=20160904125915

The Drider's face no longer showing glee or malice, but stern, focused and icy cold determination. A complete change from before. "Not many humans can claim to have made me draw my weapon before..." she said, almost as a sort of off handed compliment.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Vern raised a brow, impressed by the creature's speed and general skill so far. "I'm not surprised. Had you not, you'd perhaps loose a limb or two." he says before holding his other blade in a reverse grip. He didn't look at the creature in a solid glare, his fear of insects was still prevalent even now. He tried to fuel that fear, take that adrenaline and use it to enhance his attacks. "Perhaps you'll let me and my companion go so we can pass on the tale of your skills? I know that where ever the dridder's web touches is their hunting grounds, but... I'd rather not have to kill you if necessary." he says. I'd rather not get too close to you... ugh, why so many eyes, so many legs?! he thought, grimacing. "Th-this one..." he says, voice faltering slightly before he could maintain his courage, pointing at Sasha. "She's my charge. I promised her safe passage and I intend to see her to the end and collect my payment." he adds.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 am

((ooc: I figure I'll post something since I'm here, but again, I'm immobilized yet xD))

Sasha's eyelids fluttered, wiggling in the tight blanket which had been spun around her curvaceous body. Muffled cries escaping her gag's folds, the webbing was torn in a manner that she was able to see the spider and Vern fight one another. His chastising comments aside, she was shocked to see he was there! Given his lackluster reward for getting me out of this place, I'm surprised he's sticking around to help me out! Not that I mind, given my current sticky situation... She thought, her brown eyes gazing between the two with anxiety.
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:20 am

Vern Silverfallow wrote:Vern raised a brow, impressed by the creature's speed and general skill so far. "I'm not surprised. Had you not, you'd perhaps loose a limb or two." he says before holding his other blade in a reverse grip. He didn't look at the creature in a solid glare, his fear of insects was still prevalent even now. He tried to fuel that fear, take that adrenaline and use it to enhance his attacks. "Perhaps you'll let me and my companion go so we can pass on the tale of your skills? I know that where ever the dridder's web touches is their hunting grounds, but... I'd rather not have to kill you if necessary." he says. I'd rather not get too close to you... ugh, why so many eyes, so many legs?! he thought, grimacing. "Th-this one..." he says, voice faltering slightly before he could maintain his courage, pointing at Sasha. "She's my charge. I promised her safe passage and I intend to see her to the end and collect my payment." he adds.

The Dridder's eyes narrowed slightly as she finally stalked forward, her poleblade held at the ready. Her entire carapace entered the light then, the plates of her lower body were a jet black, sliding noiselessly against eachother as she moved. The spiderlike lower half was easily four times larger than Vern's entire body, making these creatures large, although her humanoid upper half was not much larger than a typical human or elvish woman. The real shocker to anyone with knowledge of Dridders was the markings on the large bulbous abdomem. A white pattern emerged when one stared at it long enough, in the rough shape of a skull, and the eyes were red, almost glowing, lava-like eyes. This marked the Dridder as a rare sub breed, known as Deathskull Dridders, by far the deadliest of all the Dridders.

She looked sternly into Vern's eyes. "And what would I have to gain from your offer, male? you spread tales of me, and nobody comes within a thousand leagues of my hunting grounds. You leave with the girl, and I get no dinner. You mistake me for an idiot don't you?" she said, her blade now pointed in Vern's face.

Sasha Simpleswallow wrote:Sasha's eyelids fluttered, wiggling in the tight blanket which had been spun around her curvaceous body. Muffled cries escaping her gag's folds, the webbing was torn in a manner that she was able to see the spider and Vern fight one another. His chastising comments aside, she was shocked to see he was there! Given his lackluster reward for getting me out of this place, I'm surprised he's sticking around to help me out! Not that I mind, given my current sticky situation... She thought, her brown eyes gazing between the two with anxiety.

The Dridder's main eyes remained focused on vern, while an orbiting pair looked up at Sasha. "Hows about you stay, and the girl can go? Is your virtue stronger than your will to survive?" she teased, knowing Vern would not accept the offer.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 am

"Well it was a figure of speech, actually..." he says, frowning. "Then again, if it was that bad, no one would enter these woods. There are other girls like Sasha who've never been to these woods. Get this, she was going to brave this woodland without even realizing its notorious reputation. Granted the Mijhen Highway is still under construction, so this is the fastest way to cross through the Gailden Continent for the time being. I'm sure you won't go hungry, or that hurting for food. Full of merchants and vagrants?" he asked, raising a brow. He noted her features with some worry, and the breed troubled him, yet he didn't hold his tongue.

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
The Dridder's main eyes remained focused on vern, while an orbiting pair looked up at Sasha. "Hows about you stay, and the girl can go? Is your virtue stronger than your will to survive?" she teased, knowing Vern would not accept the offer.

"Sure, but by doing that you know I'll have no choice but to kill you. I'd say my chances of success are fair at best. But..." he paused, before rubbing his chin. "How open with trade are you with mortals? Or do you have no interest in such affairs?" he asked, wondering how further along he could bargain, but had to keep his eyes away from hers.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 am

Sasha raised a brow, thrashing angrily within her cocoon! Stop making fun of me and kill it already!! Her mind screamed, finding Vern extending this unmovable parlay further than necessary! It was pretty clear she was going to eat one or both of them! Or worse! She wished she had access to her weapons or at least a free hand!
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 am

The Dridder thought for a moment, before withdrawing her weapon back to a neutral position. "Your threat to try and kill me does not bode well for your chances. If you believed you could kill me you would have tried. Still, your offer of parlay intrigues me. State your proposal, Male." stated the creature. Her stoic expression remained focused, determined, like a soldier on duty.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:58 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder thought for a moment, before withdrawing her weapon back to a neutral position. "Your threat to try and kill me does not bode well for your chances. If you believed you could kill me you would have tried. Still, your offer of parlay intrigues me. State your proposal, Male." stated the creature. Her stoic expression remained focused, determined, like a soldier on duty.

He smirked. "I just find it rude to assault a lady... before all other reasonable choices are exhausted." It took some measure of courage to speak those words, but he did so truthfully, but with some regret given how creeped out he was by her insect like appearance.

He ignored Sasha's pleas for the moment, and took a moment to present his idea. "I'm a mercenary and jack of trades. I've done my fair share of combat and odd jobs. I so happen to have some friends who are in the silk business in Danton, just outside the forest's reach," he paused, standing beside the cocooned Sasha, tapping her cocoon playfully, pushing her gently and making her pendulum. "I can barter a deal of your liking with one of the silk traders, and perhaps even get you special rights within Danton. In exchange you'll let us go on our merry way." he then pointed with his free hand at the Dridder and his smirk beamed. "Ah, but how can you trust me? Well till the transaction is complete I shall remain in these woods! If I fail to broker you a deal, I'll be yours to..." he grimaced. "..do as you please..." he shook his head. Didn't like the thought of becoming food, sex puppet or egg incubator at all.

He looked in the direction above the Dridder's head, again freaked out by the creature. "Sound good?"
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:16 am

While the Dridder processed Vern's proposal in her mind, she also looked over the human male for a time, and could not help but inwardly smile a little. "You certainly do have the gift of the silver tongue, boy." she started to say, and with a subtle pluck of a single thread, the cocoon holding Sasha slowly lowered to the ground, before the threads broke around her, listening her bonds. However, that was the end of her attention, as the wind changed, and a new scent arrived with it.

Instinctively, the spider creature sniffed the air once, then twice, and her head slowly turned, and her expression changed again, this time less determined, and more confused, and somewhat concerned. The difference was subtle, but distinct.

"There is blood in the air. Much blood. I smell death in the air... the death of many..." she said cryptically as the burning coppery scent would register now even on human noses.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:37 am

He smirked. "I get that a lot." At the sight of Sasha being lowered, Vern kept his smile, and sheathed the blade he had. He helped the human woman up on her feet before Vern could smell it too, before Sasha anyhow. He didn't immediately react like the Dridder, but after she spoke of the blood, he looked to the wilderness as well. "Are you okay? Not backing away from our deal now, are ya?" he asked, playing dumb to the carnage that was no doubt looming somewhere not that far from the path. For obvious reasons, he'd rather see Sasha off first before investigating something potentially more dangerous than this Deathskull Dridder.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:46 am

Wait, THAT WORKED?! Sasha blinked, large brown eyes amazed as she was suddenly lowered down, the silk peeling away from her lips and body, allowing her to gasp! "Hah.... that was... tight... heh, 'hang in there', heh... funny.." her reaction delayed, accepting Vern's helping hand. She was surprised he managed to talk her out of eating them, but now... something seemed wrong. She saw the Dridder react oddly, and her cryptic words were... unsettling. She held her ground, still close to Vern, but with her hands free she could draw her weapons should they be attacked. "A-are we free to go now?" she asked, gulping nervously.
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:54 am

The Dridder's face became more and more inscrutable. 'Hmm. Keropin blood... and something else. Bats? No.. Undead.' the black eyes and face of the Dridder turned back to the humans for a moment, then the half arachnid leaped back into the tree canopy. "You two should return the way you came. You were lucky to come across me, rather than anyone more hungry and less inclined to make a deal. To travel further into Amaine will invite you only to the jaws of death. Return home, take one of your flying machines if you are so inclined. But travel through his forest is no longer safe for humans."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder's face became more and more inscrutable. 'Hmm. Keropin blood... and something else. Bats? No.. Undead.' the black eyes and face of the Dridder turned back to the humans for a moment, then the half arachnid leaped back into the tree canopy. "You two should return the way you came. You were lucky to come across me, rather than anyone more hungry and less inclined to make a deal. To travel further into Amaine will invite you only to the jaws of death. Return home, take one of your flying machines if you are so inclined. But travel through his forest is no longer safe for humans."

Vern watched the creature return to the trees, and smiled. "Thanks... but we'll take our chances. I'd advise you keep out of trouble as well, should you wish our bargain to come through." he chuckled, heading to the blade she had blocked earlier, prying it from the dirt before sheathing it on his back. Well this could have turned out way worse. Not sure how long I would have kept my cool for much longer. He thought. The keropin blood was still lingering, perhaps too overpowering to smell the danger the Dridder sensed. Vern's weird abilities allowed him only so much awareness.

He turned to Sasha, raising a brow, his eyelids narrowed at her with a mildly annoyed expression. "So. Must I explain again the err of charging forth through the Amaine?" he asked, annoyed. He looked away sighing heavily. "Are you all right, Sasha?" he asked, running his right hand through his hair, itching his scalp in a fidgeting manner.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:25 am

Vern Silverfallow wrote:
Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Dridder's face became more and more inscrutable. 'Hmm. Keropin blood... and something else. Bats? No.. Undead.' the black eyes and face of the Dridder turned back to the humans for a moment, then the half arachnid leaped back into the tree canopy. "You two should return the way you came. You were lucky to come across me, rather than anyone more hungry and less inclined to make a deal. To travel further into Amaine will invite you only to the jaws of death. Return home, take one of your flying machines if you are so inclined. But travel through his forest is no longer safe for humans."

Vern watched the creature return to the trees, and smiled. "Thanks... but we'll take our chances. I'd advise you keep out of trouble as well, should you wish our bargain to come through." he chuckled, heading to the blade she had blocked earlier, prying it from the dirt before sheathing it on his back. Well this could have turned out way worse. Not sure how long I would have kept my cool for much longer. He thought. The keropin blood was still lingering, perhaps too overpowering to smell the danger the Dridder sensed. Vern's weird abilities allowed him only so much awareness.

He turned to Sasha, raising a brow, his eyelids narrowed at her with a mildly annoyed expression. "So. Must I explain again the err of charging forth through the Amaine?" he asked, annoyed. He looked away sighing heavily. "Are you all right, Sasha?" he asked, running his right hand through his hair, itching his scalp in a fidgeting manner.

Sasha seemed concerned by the Dridder's ominous reply, but unfortunately Vern had the right of it. She had to cut through the Amaine if she wished to avoid the majority of the Badlands. Turning to Vern's annoyed tone, she felt a little regret well up in her chest, but it mixed with some annoyance as well. However, it was her fault for getting into this mess in the first place. "Vern...I," she paused, suddenly hearing concern in his voice, though he looked away just as annoyed. She found this cute to be honest and smirked though he didn't see it. "I'm fine. Thanks for getting me out of this. And I'm sorry for not heeding your advice. I just got... nervous." she says with a sigh.

She perked up though, realizing something: "At least we've covered more distance! I mean, we'll be out of here sooner now, no?" she asked.

Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 am

Vern paused, turning to Sasha with a smirk. "Always a silver lining, no?" He pulled out his firearms and reloaded them. "A kiss really terrifies you that much huh?" he joked, before spinning them back into their respective holsters. "Spool some of the webbing you were cocooned in. It will sell for a fair price in Beijio once you get there." he added, before leading the way. "Annnd this time, keep close. You heard the insect woman, the path ahead gets more treacherous!" he says, hands in his pockets as he continued forward.
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:44 am

Vern Silverfallow wrote:Vern paused, turning to Sasha with a smirk. "Always a silver lining, no?" He pulled out his firearms and reloaded them. "A kiss really terrifies you that much huh?" he joked, before spinning them back into their respective holsters. "Spool some of the webbing you were cocooned in. It will sell for a fair price in Beijio once you get there." he added, before leading the way. "Annnd this time, keep close. You heard the insect woman, the path ahead gets more treacherous!" he says, hands in his pockets as he continued forward.

She blushed. "N-no it doesn't!" she stammered, annoyed again. Pouting, she grabbed her bag and used a thick stick to spool the webbing she had been trapped inside. Thick and shiny as it bound around the branch. She sighed with annoyance. "Fiiine." she then turned to face him, smirking mischievously. "Not a fan of bugs eh?" she asked, collecting the web and packed up, she follows alongside him.
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Vern Silverfallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 am

Sasha Simpleswallow wrote:
She blushed. "N-no it doesn't!" she stammered, annoyed again. Pouting, she grabbed her bag and used a thick stick to spool the webbing she had been trapped inside. Thick and shiny as it bound around the branch. She sighed with annoyance. "Fiiine." she then turned to face him, smirking mischievously. "Not a fan of bugs eh?" she asked, collecting the web and packed up, she follows alongside him.

Vern chuckled. "Whatever you say potato girl~" He teased, before hearing the counter tease. He paused, his hair sticking up on end. He didn't say a word at first, but before she could press further he simply stammered back: "Shaddup...!"

He waved his hands in a flurry. From his memory they wouldn't take too long if they took a quick short cut from the path ahead. Given the Dridder's concern, he wanted to get Sasha out of there quickly. "This way, and keep close."
Vern Silverfallow
Vern Silverfallow
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Simpleswallow Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:10 am

Vern Silverfallow wrote:

Vern chuckled. "Whatever you say potato girl~"

Sasha blinked. "Potato girl?" She pouted, harrumphing before following alongside him. "Watch out Vern, I hear the Oomukade like guys with silver tongues." She picks on Vern, continuing their journey.

[To Mouth of the Badlands]
Sasha Simpleswallow
Sasha Simpleswallow
Corporal
Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content