The Port and Harbor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Port and Harbor

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Cyrus moved his way down towards the docks where the Twintail was anchored. He could see it from the boardwalk, the large plane that doubled as a mobile home:



State of the art, it even had an 'auto-pilot' feature in case he needed a quick nap.

He talked to the harbormaster before heading to the plane. Once it was started up and running, Cyrus pulled out from the docks and then took to the skies for his long flight Eastward, to the Kindom of Lux.
avatar
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 30
Join date : 2016-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Shinxe Battleclaw on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Shinxe made her way from the White Tower to the Harbor with relative ease. There were some merchants who dared to set shop near the harbor which reeked of fish and sea salt; the feline woman figured it be a good idea to check about the shops before she would search for a sailor who'd be willing to cart her furry tail towards Beijio.
avatar
Shinxe Battleclaw
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Random Mobs on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 pm

The Harborside markets were always busy as fishing vessels unloaded their catches fresh into the ice packed stores direct to the customers, while larger cargo freighters offloaded cargo containers full of goods for road transport to the city proper, or inland to other parts of the country for redistribution to other local markets. Day and night the stalls and stores operated as a kind of ramshackle plaza of merchants, retailers, and con artists alike.

Indeed, crime was still rife in this part of town as thieves, pickpockets, and robbers mingled in with the general hustle and bustle of the crowds doing as they pleased invisible to the local authorities. Children playing among the crowds some of them apprentice criminals themselves darted between stalls and into alleyways. And always, a few octaves above the usual throng, was the chorus of merchants calling out their wares to any who will listen. "Nice Supple Fish! Very firm! Good for you!" "Why do you not have a pork bun in your hand!" "Hey there sexy lady! You want new clothes? Why don't you let me dress you?" Among other things being called out over the crowds.
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 141
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Nel Zelpher on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Crime was rife, indeed.

Nel weaved through the stream of living beings, bumping into people occasionally who she deemed as 'easy marks'. Being a cut purse was more of a hobby than a way of life, taking wallets from unsuspecting dolts was just her way to pass time as it hardly made her enough coin to be a day job. However, it honed her skills, kept her sharp. She knew who to avoid, and who to push, though there were days where she liked to add a little danger to change it up.

She slipped to the side of some wooden crates, the darkness shielding her as she eyed the crowd and slipped her 'earnings' into her rear satchel.

(OOC: Will be making character profile soon, was getting a feel for the character type I will be playing Smile)
avatar
Nel Zelpher
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-04-26

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Shinxe Battleclaw on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Random Mobs wrote:The Harborside markets were always busy as fishing vessels unloaded their catches fresh into the ice packed stores direct to the customers, while larger cargo freighters offloaded cargo containers full of goods for road transport to the city proper, or inland to other parts of the country for redistribution to other local markets. Day and night the stalls and stores operated as a kind of ramshackle plaza of merchants, retailers, and con artists alike.

Indeed, crime was still rife in this part of town as thieves, pickpockets, and robbers mingled in with the general hustle and bustle of the crowds doing as they pleased invisible to the local authorities. Children playing among the crowds some of them apprentice criminals themselves darted between stalls and into alleyways. And always, a few octaves above the usual throng, was the chorus of merchants calling out their wares to any who will listen. "Nice Supple Fish! Very firm! Good for you!" "Why do you not have a pork bun in your hand!" "Hey there sexy lady! You want new clothes? Why don't you let me dress you?" Among other things being called out over the crowds.

Shinxe made her way through the general bustle like she had several times before. She only needed a few wares for her travels, survivalist gears which would be appropriately found in such an area like this.

BOOM!

The loud, ringing sound made her ears fold back, and her body shiver as she turned to the sign of the disturbance:

"CAN'T YOU FEEL THAT POWER? NOTHING LIKE IT IN ALL THE WORLD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! *Cocks Lever* This here is the genuine article, a masterpiece of our times, the Manticore, twelve gauge lever rifle!"



"The 'Manticore' Lever-Action Trench Shotgun, recently developed by Steven Chesluk and Grey Arms, it is the first 12 Gauge Shotgun of our times! Comes equipped with a lever action, pistol grip design, for ease of access o'course! It holds five 12 Gauge shotgun shells, a new, volatile but effective shell developed by Grey Arms, and its rumored to be offered as a side arm to the T.I.R.S. in the coming months! Our numbers are limited, but we have been given the green light from Rolan to, in the meantime, present this powerful firearm to the public!" cried the hawker, holding the weapon above his head, standing upon a crate to show the crowd which gathered around him.

Curious, Shinxe ignored the ringing in her ears and came closer to see more about this new firearm. She was not one for firearms, but the weapon, admittedly looked interesting to say the least.
avatar
Shinxe Battleclaw
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Random Mobs on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 pm

The hawker continued to rant and rave about the new firearm on the market. "Order yours today, and you get full service, customization and all the aftermarket upgrades and parts! But wait, there's more! The first 50 orders get a second Manticore absolutely free! Why? because why have only one death dealing bang stick, when you can double down, and dual wield your firepower like a Gunslinger out of legend!" to emphasize the point, the Hawker drew a second Manticore in his offhand, cocking the weapons simultaneously by spinning the levers around his fingers, before firing both shotguns into his target crates. "Thats right folks, for 2 thousand Gil, you get not one, but two Manticores, and free service and customization! But only to the first fifty orders!"
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 141
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Nel Zelpher on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Nel too, was a bit startled by the random discharge of firearms. That guy from the gun company only set up shop recently, so Nel hadn't fully gotten used to his antics yet, compared to the other stall owners. Ughh cripes. He shoots them so infrequently, I just hope he doesn't do that while I'm in the process of rummaging through someone's pack. She thought, more irritatedly than worried. She weaved through the crowd however, looking for a new challenge. The threat of being caught seemed to only add a little more to the thrill, making her smile.
avatar
Nel Zelpher
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-04-26

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Shinxe Battleclaw on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Random Mobs wrote:The hawker continued to rant and rave about the new firearm on the market. "Order yours today, and you get full  service, customization and all the aftermarket upgrades and parts! But wait, there's more! The first 50 orders get a second Manticore absolutely free! Why? because why have only one death dealing bang stick, when you can double down, and dual wield your firepower like a Gunslinger out of legend!" to emphasize the point, the Hawker drew a second Manticore in his offhand, cocking the weapons simultaneously by spinning the levers around his fingers, before firing both shotguns into his target crates. "Thats right folks, for 2 thousand Gil, you get not one, but two Manticores, and free service and customization! But only to the first fifty orders!"

The feline warrior raised a brow at the tactics; they were clearly marketing the weapon towards Scardian's due to their strength. She doubted one of the normal borns in the other lands would be able to wield two of those monsters at a time, unless they were beast-kin, perhaps. "May I see one of those?" She asked, approaching the hawker with some bemusement.
avatar
Shinxe Battleclaw
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Random Mobs on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 am

The hawker looked down from his elevated position on the crate, and his eyes widened. Quickly turning off the inbuilt microphone in his collar, he immediately responded "of course! A member of the Royal Guard is always welcome to peruse my wares!" excitedly he hopped down off the crate and flipped the safeties on the Maticores, before flipping the weapon to hold it by the barrel and offered Shinxe the handle.

"Here you go ma'am. Checkered grip built into solid Scardian Ironwood Oak. Black chrome metal and carbon parts..." he rattled off the advantages of the weapon like a well rehearsed salesman.
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 141
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Shinxe Battleclaw on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:04 am

Random Mobs wrote:The hawker looked down from his elevated position on the crate, and his eyes widened. Quickly turning off the inbuilt microphone in his collar, he immediately responded "of course! A member of the Royal Guard is always welcome to peruse my wares!" excitedly he hopped down off the crate and flipped the safeties on the Maticores, before flipping the weapon to hold it by the barrel and offered Shinxe the handle.

"Here you go ma'am. Checkered grip built into solid Scardian Ironwood Oak. Black chrome metal and carbon parts..." he rattled off the advantages of the weapon like a well rehearsed salesman.

Shinxe took the weapon gingerly before subjugating it to an extreme durability test, smacking it hard against one of the shipping crates and spinning the weapon while also swinging it in wide arcs. For what was being advertised, Shinxe was actually impressed it was rather true to its sale's pitch. "Interesting..." she says with an amused face, looking over to the man. "Any targets I may test this on?" she asked.
avatar
Shinxe Battleclaw
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Random Mobs on Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm

The hawker smirked, and handed Shinxe a bullet "Sure, just use my target crate over there." he pointed to the wooden crate he was shooting at earlier.

avatar
Random Mobs
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 141
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Melissa Ronson on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:57 pm

The woman leaned against one of the retaining walls that protected the city in times of horrid weather. Her arms were folded across her bountiful chest, the v-neck cut into her cropped shirt revealing a teasingly eye grabbing crease between the folds of her well endowed bust. Aside from her mentioned cleavage, the top was cropped just a little below her breasts and displayed an hour glass frame with toned muscle and supple creases in her flesh which depicted her abs, toned belly, as well as exposed her oval shaped navel.

A pair of creases from her exposed upper hips descended into a v-shape before vanishing behind the hem of her brown leather belt and taut white pants. They were almost form fitting, showing off the woman's rounded curves that descended from an unseen backside (as she was pressing it against the wall along with her back), to form a pair of shapely legs and thigh high black leather boots that were cuffed and affixed by brass buckles. She was tapping her right foot, the heel clicking upon the wooden planking. She tapped her gloved right hand fingers against her left arm, the jacket she wore was a modified Scardian Royal Navy jacket; it too was cropped like the revealing white shirt she wore underneath.

During her tapping, her blade's gilded hilt which depicted a Siren of sorts rattled against her bare hip; the cool metal against her flesh causing the woman to open her visible left eye. A cerulean blue orb appeared from a pair of long, blinking dark lashes. Silky, raven black hair which covered the woman's right eye with its medium curtain of bangs swayed subtly in the blowing sea wind. Her face was placid in expression, seemingly brooding to others nearby who stayed well enough away from the woman with a large cutlass hanging from her left hip.

She was resting prior to being awoken by the feeling of the cool hilt depicting the feathered naked woman press against her flesh. Part of her was startled, half expecting to greet the face of a pick pocket or cutthroat. Not that she couldn't handle either. Again, she extruded a cold and brooding exterior. Not many but the insane would attempt to mess with that.

"Hmm... They're taking their sweet time..." she says softly to herself, speaking only to remember what her voice sounded like, given how quiet she was on her own. She was, quite the solitary woman who honestly kept to herself mostly. She wasn't one to usually start conversations, but with her cold and alienating exterior not many wanted to open up to her either. She sighed, closing her eye again, bowing her head so her right side's bangs hung, casting a faint shadow against her otherwise beautiful face. "What a pain..." she complains, her plush, kissable lips forming a weary frown.
avatar
Melissa Ronson
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Port and Harbor

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum