Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forest Depths

+3
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Ulgusuk
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Forest Depths Empty The Forest Depths

Post  Ulgusuk Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:45 am

Ulgus clawed his way through the woodland. He bypassed the grasslands found south of the Northern Pinnacle, as well as the other populated village of Eagleshade. He now was near the Lux Kingdom itself, so he had to be weary not to impede too closely to the capital. Even so, mugging mortals in this country was easier than Gailden. Much of Lux didn't even have firearms, which did little to his body anyway.

He rested, his back against a large trunk of a tree, as he decided to wait for a possible victim and bounty.
Ulgusuk
Ulgusuk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

The Forest Depths Empty Re: The Forest Depths

Post  Chiharu Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Chiharu pants, the rush of low limbs, bushes and leaves a blur of green as those scouts continued their pursuit! I have to make it out of here, if not they'll kill me! her mind screamed, her limbs feeling weak thanks to the arrow that had been coated in poison, which still embedded her right shoulder. Not only that, her illusions were worthless, as one of the scouts was a wolf-beast kin, and they also had hunting dogs on her tail who could smell through her hasty illusions. I just need to get closer to that mountain they're superstitious of, then- her thoughts were cut short as she paused, looking up as the lighting became dim.... from a cloud of hissing arrows!

SHINKSHINKSHINKSHINK-SPLISH!

"HNNNNG--!" she exclaimed, before being unable to speak at all. An arrow pierced her throat, missing her carotid by just a little. Her body was pin cushioned with arrows, forcing her to her knees. Blood dripped from the wounds as she sat there, shivering. She knew what they would do once they arrived. They would mock her, let her suffer with her injuries before they would ultimately sever her head, handing it to the Queen as a tribute to the late King. They blamed her for his death, thanks to rumors and a fat troll of a man wanting to supplement those fears because he feared Chiharu's abilities.

She closed her eyes, tears welling up as she couldn't even voice her sobs. Waiting for her cruel end.

The Forest Depths 21cebcfb381a3368a6c85887bc611ffe_by_tamamonomae1112-db27ukh
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 pm

Cyrus was walking through the woodland, the Pegasus SMG bouncing against his thigh, and his eyes nearly glued to the compass in front of him. Says I have to head south on the map... shouldn't take too much-

Whiiz-

Cyrus leaned his head back in time to dodge a stray arrow, his eyes wide with surprise. Not...the welcoming I was expecting.. he thought, but his head turned towards his right at the yelping of someone in pain. "Hello?" He called out, heading in that direction instead of south. When he got past the bush, he paused and quite honestly figured his assistance was all but lost on the being before him.

Crouching upon the frosty ground, where a bunch of arrows had punctured the earth, was a young woman with vulpine features and had been pierced by quite a bit of arrows.

Is...that a kitsune? Gods above, what happened to her? Gulping, he approached the woman carefully, and crouched down to see if she was still breathing. She was crying, and shuttering, but he was amazed by the fact she had an arrow lodged in her throat!

"Wha-who would do such a thing?" he gasped, shocked at the scene.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 pm

The grounds around the hunting expedition suddenly started being rained down on by 12.7mm gunfire from Valundar's chopper as a warning.

"That is quite enough from you lot! You do not get to take the law into your own hands and commit murder. There is no gold or honor in murder over suspicion. Return to your homes or be made to return to your homes. You have had the only warning I intend to give." the voice over the booming speakers spoke louder than the loud whirring of the rotor blades.

"Pilot, if any of them tries to approach the kitsune, shoot them!" Valundar spoke, before opening the side door, and leaping from the copter.

The tall man landed a few meters from Chiharu's location, the coattails flapping in the wind caused by the chopper. The vehicle ascended after Valundar disembarked to keep an eye on the civilian militia. Lord Blade-Breaker frowned as he saw the greivious injuries of the Kitsune woman. "They didn't give you a chance did they..." he stated more than asked, as he knelt next to the bleeding beastkin, and began the arduous task of snapping the heads off the arrows, and pulling the shafts out one at a time, with careful precision.

"I forget that not all people have my clan's hardened skin sometimes..." he muttered. "Such terrible injuries from little pieces of metal..."

He heard Cyrus approach and his gasp. "Young man, help me get the kit stabilized. She'll live but not if we don't keep her blood IN her body. We have to patch her up before we can hall her back to castle Lunarspear for treatment."

Last edited by Valudar Blade-Breaker on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 am

Cyrus Dragonsworn wrote:Cyrus was walking through the woodland, the Pegasus SMG bouncing against his thigh, and his eyes nearly glued to the compass in front of him. Says I have to head south on the map... shouldn't take too much-

Whiiz-

Cyrus leaned his head back in time to dodge a stray arrow, his eyes wide with surprise. Not...the welcoming I was expecting.. he thought, but his head turned towards his right at the yelping of someone in pain. "Hello?" He called out, heading in that direction instead of south. When he got past the bush, he paused and quite honestly figured his assistance was all but lost on the being before him.

Crouching upon the frosty ground, where a bunch of arrows had punctured the earth, was a young woman with vulpine features and had been pierced by quite a bit of arrows.

Is...that a kitsune? Gods above, what happened to her? Gulping, he approached the woman carefully, and crouched down to see if she was still breathing. She was crying, and shuttering, but he was amazed by the fact she had an arrow lodged in her throat!

"Wha-who would do such a thing?" he gasped, shocked at the scene.

Chiharu didn't hear him approach till he was crouched in front of her! Looking up, her ears and tail twitching violently, she backed up in spite of her injuries, swiping her hands at him that still provided deadly claws. She looked at him with wide, teary eyes. Blood trickled from her wounds, and she could hear her attackers advancing from behind! Is he with them too? She thought, looking at him in fear of her demise, but was strangely comforted by the fact he was equipped with ballistic weapons! By Corveyus' luck! He isn't! They don't have such weapons here! she thought, and quickly approached him, grabbing his jacket and hugged him close when she saw the Knights appear from the treeline!

Then as the knights approached, leering over their prey, Chiharu's ears twitched, hearing it before any of the mortals could anyway. That sounds like- Her ears drooped, her eyes clenched in preparation as the loud booming shells rattling from the 'copter above followed the kicking up of dirt and soil across the paths of the zealots. Which followed was the loud speaker, then the decent of the larger man. DEAR INARI HE'S A FREAKING TANK!! She thought, feeling fear well up inside as she crowded against the man, trying to convey her message, but only speaking blood filled gasps. "...n..na..." she attempted, her plush lips dripping crimson but as the larger man practically shoved the other man back to get a look at her wounds, she knew she was in good company. She winced, tearfully as he began the arduous task of snapping arrow heads and yanking them out. Upon hearing mention of the castle, she began to freak out, shaking her head violently despite the dangerous arrow still lodge in her neck. "N..na..n" she voiced hoarsely. I am not going to that castle which stinks of wolves! Fox and canine do not mix well! she thought, but continued to shake her head and wave her hands in disagreement. She had an arrow which also pierced her left breast and she held it, frowning with embarrassment before either man could grab it.
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 am

Cyrus was taken aback as the woman grabbed his longcoat, her eyes pleading for help. "I see you can move, don't try. I'll help." he assured her, before hearing noises from the treeline. He held the Pegasus SMG up with his right hand, holding it in a hip-fire stance as he saw the hunters responsible. He could see their zeal, and their intent on killing the woman. As he opened his mouth to give them a warning, he shuttered, his threat becoming a yelp of his own as booming cannon shells for bullets shattered the earth around them. Both turned to see the massive man drop from the helicopter and equally, both thought of him as a giant, however... Cyrus knew him. One of the Nobles of his homeland, he was of the Bladebreaker clan, and there had been a point in time where he would have felt disdain for this man for certain actions he took in his youth, but he had to put that pettiness aside for now, the girl came first. What the hell is Valudar Bladebreaker doing here? He couldn't help but voice in his head as he stepped aside for the larger man to look over her injuries. "Right," he says, pulling out the first aid kit in his satchel which also held the mail he intended to deliver to the region's monarch. Temporarily bandaging the wounds Val had extracted the arrows from, Cyrus chimed in: "I have a plane not too far from here, I can fly her to the docks for a quick extraction, not to mention it wont be cramped." he says, then notices her hesitance to head to the Castle, and of them removing the rather... provocatively placed arrow shaft. Still, Cyrus was more worried about the one in her neck...
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:36 am

Valundar concentrated on extracting the arrows as quickly and as carefully as he could. "I know the thought of heading to Lunarspear Keep is uncomfortable. But you are beastkin, both of you. Not beasts. And your assistance would be invaluable... In more ways than you may think" the large man said as he eyed the arrow lodged in the Kitsune's neck.

Valundar looked at Cyrus for a moment as his prosthetic sight orb glowed. "This one in her neck will be the most dangerous one. Have me an alchohol laced gauze pad ready please." he said as he looked the offending arrow over carefully with the cybernetic eye. "Shit... I can't just snap this one. It's lodged through her wind pipe, her cartoid, and the base of the spinal nerve channel. one wrong jolt and her body shuts down until her healing factor regenerates it right back to step one and rinse then repeat. She'll be stuck like that unless I can get it out without jarring it."

Closing both eyes, Valundar rose a single index finger in front of his face, and concentrated. Within moments, the power unique to his people began flaring around his finger, the sounds of metal cutting through air... then tiny cresents of energy crisscrossing around the finger... Valundar's cutting aura, on a miniature scale. Only the finest training of the Blade breaker lineage could do this kind of energy surgery.

"Now, hold still...." he said in a low voice as he slowly brought the finger close to the side of the shaft of the arrow, just below the head, less than an inch from Chiharu's very throat. Like a tiny laser, Valundar's finger cut through the wooden shaft, and the sharp head of the arrow fell into Valundar's free hand, which he casually tossed aside.

He repeated the procedure, removing the feathered tail of the arrow, before laying Chiharu back, and extinguishing the cutting aura as he looked at the shaft now. Now came the hard part. "Ok, do you have the gauze for me kid?" asked Valundar as he looked back at the fellow Scardian.
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:56 am

She furrowed her brows, and puffed her cheeks in anger at the mention of her being a beastkin. Why is it that mortals still believe we are either wicked spirits or some disjointed kin of both man and beast? We are two very different groups of people! I'm a Yokai not a beast-what the hell are you doing Tank-Man? she paused her heated ranting thought as she watched him perform a really bizarre technique. Frozen with a look of fear as he brought the microlaser to her neck, and did her best not to move. Once the arrow was shockingly removed she was suddenly laid onto her back, she felt even more anxious, looking to the younger man suddenly. What is he doing? Oh Inari... what ever happens, just please... please do not take us to the Castle! Not only because of my personal distastes... they don't know of the evil which resides there! Why my very life has nearly ended! her mind screamed, her body quivering with worry as she looked at them both pleadingly.

Last edited by Chiharu on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 am

Cyrus couldn't help but be in slight awe of Val's skill. He turned to face the Kitsune, noticing her worried eyes, but continued with the alcohol soaked gauze. "You're going to be fine, just... try to trust us." He tried to comfort the nervous kit, turning to Valudar with bandage in hand. "Here." he says, before looking at her, the shaft still between her neck. Without asking, he moved along towards the Kitsune's head, kneeling down so her head rested upon his knees, gently lifting her into position as he held her shoulders, rubbing them gently, not that it would make a difference soon enough. He looks up at the older Scardian, waiting for his move.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:31 am

"I am sorry... but this is going to hurt, and it will take time. Kid, if you have something she can bite down on, and keep her still. If she jerks around while I try to remove this..." he left the end of his sentence to the imagination. He gently wrapped the gauze in a loop around the shaft against her skin very carefully to avoid moving it. then the concentration on his face intensified, as did the crimson glow of the cybernetic eye in his right socket.

Slowly, gently and carefully, he used the index and ring fingers, and the thumb of his left hand to hold the arrow shaft gently against her throat. Then, with his right hand he grasped the arrow shaft above where he pinched it, and tried to glide the offending object out of the wound vertically, without jarring it horizontally, or width wise at all. The minuscule motion of just sliding the arrow shaft out against the nerve bundles in the spine would have sent shocks of raw nerve pain right through the Kitsune's entire body at every motion, but as long as the shaft itself did not move those crucial millimeters sideways, then she would survive fine and with relatively little damage.

Seconds turned into minutes, as centimeter by centimeter, and inch by inch, Valundar worked to remove this most dangerous arrow, until finally, after 3 agonizing minutes, the shaft pulled free of the skin. Quickly Valundar tossed the blood soaked object aside, and pressed the gauze just hard enough to soak the blood and stifle the free flow of blood. "Hold the bandage against her throat, don't choke her, but do it tight enough to stifle the blood flow." he said to Cyrus as he tore a part of the sleeve off of his coat, folded it up roughly, and tucked it under the Kitsune's head to stifle the equally flowing entry side of the wound.

"I think she'll be ok... With that one gone, the others can be removed easier and with less pain." Valundar said, as he sat back a little, and listened to see if any of the rogue knights would make an ambush attempt. Even his helicopter could only see so much of the forest at once.

Last edited by Valudar Blade-Breaker on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:46 am

Valudar Blade-Breaker wrote:"I am sorry... but this is going to hurt, and it will take time. Kid, if you have something she can bite down on, and keep her still. If she jerks around while I try to remove this..." he left the end of his sentence to the imagination.He gently wrapped the gauze in a loop around the shaft against her skin very carefully to avoid moving it. then the concentration on his face intensified, as did the crimson glow of the cybernetic eye in his right socket.

Slowly, gently and carefully, he used the index and ring fingers, and the thumb of his left hand to hold the arrowshaft gently against her throat. Then, with his right hand he grasped the arowhead, and tried to glide the offending object out of the wound vertically, without jarring it horizontally, or widthwise at all. The miniscule motion of just sliding the arrow shaft out against the nerve bundles in the spine would have sent shocks of raw nerve pain right through the Kitsune's entire body at every motion, but as long as the shaft itself did not move those crucial millimeters sideways, then she would survive fine and with relatively little damage.

Seconds turned into minutes, as centimenter by centimeter, and inch by inch, Valundar worked to remove this most dangerous arrow, until finally, after 3 agonizing minutes, the shaft pulled free of the skin. Quickly Valundar tossed the blood soaked object aside, and pressed the gauze just hard enough to soak the blood and stifle the free flow of blood. "Hold the bandage against her throat, don't choke her, but do it tight enough to stifle the blood flow." he said to Cyrus as he tore a part of the sleeve off of his coat, folded it up roughly, andtucked it under the Kitsune's head to stifle the equally flowing entry side of the wound.

"I think she'll be ok... With that one gone, the others can be removed easier and with less pain." Valundar said, as he sat back a little, and listened to see if any of the rogue knights would make an ambush attempt. Even his helicopter could only see so much of the forest at once.

Cyrus nods. Smiling down at the woman. "Here," he says as he extends his right arm out, the arm becoming bright blue with flames, being coated by it and then transforming into a human sized dragon like arm. "..bite down on my hand. Just try not to move okay?" he tried to sooth the Kitsune, and then looked up to Valudar. "You showed me yours, so it would only be gentlemanly of me to show you mine." he says, it perhaps became clear why Cyrus had quiet resentment for the Bladebreakers and if the older man in front of him realized the son of the man he crippled. Granted, his father did start things, and the Dragonsworn, given their namesake were tragically competitive and haughty at times. He did his best not to follow those same paths, but a part of him admittedly couldn't stand the sight of the Bladebreaker head of estate, so he looked back down to the Kitsune, placing his claw between her lips. "Bite down. Heh, I'm not that tasty however, so I warn ya." He joked, his other hand cupping her left cheek, placed there to keep her head stable in case she did begin to move.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

Valudar Blade-Breaker wrote:"I am sorry... but this is going to hurt, and it will take time. Kid, if you have something she can bite down on, and keep her still. If she jerks around while I try to remove this..." he left the end of his sentence to the imagination.He gently wrapped the gauze in a loop around the shaft against her skin very carefully to avoid moving it. then the concentration on his face intensified, as did the crimson glow of the cybernetic eye in his right socket.

She was frightened, especially by the sight of the glowing red eye, which reminded her of Zero from so many years ago! She wondered if this man had also seen Steven Chesluk upon bionics, but those thoughts were mostly over shadowed by:...what? Remove this...WHAT? It suddenly dawned on her that the arrow in question lodged in her throat was not...removed. She grimaced, her eyes welling up with tears before looking up at the younger man.

Cyrus Dragonsworn wrote:Cyrus nods. Smiling down at the woman. "Here," he says as he extends his right arm out, the arm becoming bright blue with flames, being coated by it and then transforming into a human sized dragon like arm. "..bite down on my hand. Just try not to move okay?" he tried to sooth the Kitsune

She looked at him wide eyed as well. Who are these people? My luck, I've came across two seemingly mortal men with unique skills and power. Perhaps I do not have to worry after all...

Cyrus Dragonsworn wrote:"Bite down. Heh, I'm not that tasty however, so I warn ya." He joked, his other hand cupping her left cheek, placed there to keep her head stable in case she did  begin to move.

She blushed, but noted that Tank-Man was ready to...remove the rest of the shaft from her throat so bit down on the scaly dragon hand. And, much to Dragon-Boy's unknowing, he was quite the contrary! He had a steak like texture, and as she bit her fangs into his flesh she closed her eyes, thinking of the juicy red steak she ate three nights ag-

Valudar Blade-Breaker wrote:
Slowly, gently and carefully, he used the index and ring fingers, and the thumb of his left hand to hold the arrowshaft gently against her throat. Then, with his right hand he grasped the arowhead, and tried to glide the offending object out of the wound vertically, without jarring it horizontally, or widthwise at all. The miniscule motion of just sliding the arrow shaft out against the nerve bundles in the spine would have sent shocks of raw nerve pain right through the Kitsune's entire body at every motion, but as long as the shaft itself did not move those crucial millimeters sideways, then she would survive fine and with relatively little damage.

"!!!!!!!" Her eyes were wide open, her head almost jerking as she felt a jolt of pain so powerful it made her body spasm! She did her best not to react, having suffered similar injuries in her youth, but this...this was quite unpleasant to experience! GAH IT FUCKING HURTS!! MAKE IT STOPMAKEITSTOP!! her body glowed a bright blue, her various Kitsune spells flaring off, and a part of her would have been impressed by the fact they managed to ignore the floating blue flame lanterns, a grass hopper becoming the size of a steam engine before shrinking back to its original size, of fire exploding into fireworks and various other things. Her legs kicked out, the arrows which still remained in her thighs and lower legs scraping the ground made it all the more painful, and she managed to grasp the situation at last, and kept her struggling to a minimum. At the very least, the sight of her...magic going haywire did cause the rogue knights to shit themselves (which would be... a predicament if one is wearing full armor or just the leg bits...), and high tail it, perhaps save for the most brave, or in this case...stupid.

Seconds turned into minutes, as centimenter by centimeter, and inch by inch, Valundar worked to remove this most dangerous arrow, until finally, after 3 agonizing minutes, the shaft pulled free of the skin. Quickly Valundar tossed the blood soaked object aside, and pressed the gauze just hard enough to soak the blood and stifle the free flow of blood. "Hold the bandage against her throat, don't choke her, but do it tight enough to stifle the blood flow." he said to Cyrus as he tore a part of the sleeve off of his coat, folded it up roughly, andtucked it under the Kitsune's head to stifle the equally flowing entry side of the wound.

Finally removed from her neck, she whined, closing her tear filled eyes, her breasts settling with an exhausted wobble. I...do not want to experience this again.

She opened her lidded gaze upon Dragon-Boy, then to Tank-Man. Silently thanking them, she closed her strained eyes to rest as they deliberated on what to do next.[/quote]
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 am

Valundar sat back, and used his ears to scan the woods as he powered the sight orb back down to normal.

"Hey kid" he suddenly asked as he wiped the sweat from his brow, then the blood off his gloved hands. "Your Dragonsworn arn't you. I know your power... Cyrus right? I knew your father. He was the one who necessitated my prosthetic eye. Good man.... Good fighter. One of the best I have ever faced." Valundar said as his mind went back to that dangerous deathmatch. Valundar was much younger then.

The Forest Depths Valundar_normal_young_x3_size_by_darkstormzero-db5751e

The fight was the deciding factor between two noble houses that started in the King's own arena, but the power of the two warriors caused the fight to spread all over the castle, and even into the streets of Cretu. it only ended once Lord Dragonsword had cut Valundar's eye from it's socket with a savage sword strike. In retaliation, the young and still in training Valundar earned his first kill, by gripping Lord Dragonsworn by the dark power of killing intent around his throat, and threw him from the palace tower in a cloud of crimson energy.

The Forest Depths Adel_gigantic_pressure_by_darkstormzero-db5gajf

"I was still a squire back then, an unblooded heir to my clan. Wearing those damn earrings that proved I was yet to be tested. Your father called for battle, and I gave it to him... I earned my lordship, but then I had to claim his life when he took my eye.... I hate to waste good people, but I was young and foolish back then..."
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 am

'Killed' was a rough word to use. His father managed to live, in some miracle from the Gods but, in the houses disgraced state said he had passed away. No... the man lived but can hardly move an inch from bed, a life which was still, as Valudar stated, 'wasted'. Still, Cyrus understood Valudar's plight, and yet he didn't forgive him out of the principal that he permanently disabled his father, decided to keep the clan secret buried. No need to make things worse than they are. I can only wonder how he would react if he knew he survived. I'll...spare him that. he thought to himself. "He was a foolhardy man, his stubbornness is famous within our blood. They say it came from our mixed blood, when we sealed a pact with dragons many centuries ago. The heated blood dragons have courses through our veins, and yet...we are still very human." he says looking at his dragon claw before having it revert back. "There may be a day where I may have to challenge you Valudar, but...today is not that day." he says, bringing both hands to the Kitsune's throat now. He chuckled. "You know, she's kinda cute." he admits, unsure what else to say.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 am

As she lay there, resting, she listened to both men and could tell both were hiding something from one another. A kitsune could hear through lies and stories, and sense the hidden motives which lie in mortal hearts. However, the conversation turned a little more lighthearted, her right ear couldn't help but twitch, her tail wagging slightly, as Dragon-Boy mentioned her.
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 am

Valundar smirked at Cyrus's twin statements. "I may not be able to apologize for winning the duel, but for what it's worth - I am sorry for crippling your father... He is a good man. We both are heads of noble houses of Scardia, and we serve our monarch to the best of our abilities. It was through Lord Dragonsworth's sacrifice that I learned something. A secret only dragons blood could reveal."

Valundar reached into his pocket, and pulled out an ancient artifact.

The Forest Depths SR-icon-misc-ElderScroll

"This is one of the scrolls of prophecy, a gift from the War god's combined power made matter. The Kitsune knows what it is, and parts of the message it carries because she is a free spirit. Her connection to the War gods.... and greater beings, eclipses ours. But it was through your father's dragon blood that we discerned the secrets of the scroll. It was a key, it's lineage predates Galiavan, or even or very physical universe entirely. All dragon bloodlines go back to that primordial place. But the message is not from the past, but the future." Valundar looked down at Chiharu for a moment, then back at Riley.

"The prophecy reads 'In three centuries, much will have changed, and a force of evil will come from a dark realm to claim our universe for their own, but in their wake, a more powerful foe, the first of all inveterate foes, will awaken again to bring the end of all things. The Void Dragon Awakes.'"
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 am

Cyrus was stunned. "You're a sly old bastard, I'll give you that." he says in response, given how he knew his father's fate after all. Still, he didn't feel want for fighting, due to the bleeding and injured Kitsune. But as he spoke of the scroll in his hand, he wondered if this was the reason why his father had been disapproving of him gallivanting around Galiavan as a Courier of all things.

After listening to him, Riley raised a brow. "...So you always carry an ominous ancient scroll in your back pocket?" he joked, but as he let it all sink in, realized he was only saying that because how much it literally shook him. There was just something unnatural when it came to the phrase 'Void Dragon'; considering how Dragons are greedy creatures, they want for everything; however associated with void... which meant nothing. There was only one phrase that came to mind. Everything...to nothing.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 am

Chiharu's eyes fluttered open at the sound of the scroll, and she looked between them as they spoke of the... 'End Days'. No Kitsune wished to live that long to see it, but given the scroll had some issues being translated, she couldn't be certain if it was truly in such a small period as three centuries from now! Fortunate for both mortals, they would not live long to see calamity in such case, but she was different! She rolled uncomfortably as the lad continued to place pressure on her wound, and felt the need to have the arrow in her thigh removed. Not to mention, the uncomfortable head which lodged into her left breast...
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 am

Valundar noticed Chiharu's discomofort. "Ok, slowly check to see of the bleeding has slowed up Cyrus. If it has, she should be able to hold the bandages on her neck herself while we remove the rest of the arrows." Valundar said as he slowly got up and stretched a little, cracking the bones in his legs and back to loosen up, before kneeling back down next to the injured Kit.

The arrow lodged between her breasts had not penetrated far thanks to the breastbone and ribcage, Snapping the head would be unnecessary. Valundar gripped the shaft and pulled hard. The metal arrowhead slipping out without too much fanfare. "Your bones are stronger than they appear." Valundar remarked, then looked down at the other two arrows in her right thigh and left calf. "Two more." Valundar said. Snapping the head off the one buried in Chiharu's thigh, then the one on her calf. He gripped the thigh arrow shaft by the tail and pulled it out as quick and painless as he could. Repeating the feat with the calf, he turned to Cyrus' first aid kit, and pulled as much bandaging, gauze and bandaids as he could. As well as an anti toxin syringe usually reserved for poisonous creatures, but as dangerous as Galiavan was, the syringe was generalized for both use as a general poison and toxin antidote as well as animal based antivenom.

"Here, give her a shot of this antitoxin. It'll neutralize the poison these "knights" used on their arrowheads., That''ll give her regenerative powers a chance to kick in." Valundar explained as he dabbed antiseptic alchohol on the gauze and started bandaging and taping wounds from Chiharu'ls legs up.

"Heh, coming from a country of warriors has it's advantages, even if it's just learning how to patch up battlefield wounds, eh kid?"

Last edited by Valudar Blade-Breaker on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:28 am

"Heh, comming from a country of warriors has it's advantages, even if it's just learning how to patch up battlefield wounds, eh kid?"

He checked the wound, surprised at how quickly it had healed, but there was still a steady trickle.
"Okay Miss, you should be fine to apply the pressure yourself now.

He took the needle and chuckled. "Indeed. But I get a chuckle with outsiders reacting to us pouring spring water onto our shallow wounds, literally 'washing them away'." he says with a grin as he lightly inserted the needle into the Kitsune's lower neck. He paused. "...I wonder why our country hasn't invaded Izhevesk to the far north.." he says this, given how Scardians were, such an environment would be... rather easy to take over. He shrugged his shoulders.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 am

Chiharu gasped as she felt the arrow slip out of her breast before she could stop him, blushing as she held her breast, she closed her eyes, wincing as he removed the other arrows as well. She took her hand to her throat, and tried to speak to Tank Man. "Th...th." she attempted, but her voice was still shattered and seemed to whistle. It would take a little longer for her vocal chords were back to normal, granted the two holes still present in her neck...

Sighing, her ears and tail drooping as she sat up, she leaned back against Dragon Boy, her tail swishing under his chin as she looked up at him. With the poison ebbing away rather quickly she began to feel a little better. She blinked as she looked at him, and then closed her eyes, resting.

Before them, suddenly, blue flames appeared, forming shapes into common script:

"THANKS"

After the flames faded, a new set appeared:

"NEED TO CLEAN CLOTHES HAHAHA" said the wisps of foxfire, given her dress being coated in thick patches of blood and dirt.

After 'HAHAHA' vanished, an eerie laughter similar to that of children could be heard in a giggling fashion. In hindsight, she realized how creepy it sounded now in this creepy woodland and promptly apologized.

"SORRY"
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:08 am

Valundar finished wrapping up the last of Chiharu's wounds and sat back, again wiping the sweat and blood from himself and his clothes. Reading the flaming text, Valundar smiled slightly. "You are welcome. Do not worry, I know you didn't do what they accuse you of. Kitsune are usually playful pranksters, but they do not turn viscious and murderous without significant cause. I do not know if you have ever even killed someone. My sight orb's energy readings don't show that you have tainted your soul with innocent deaths."

Choosing to then respond to Cyrus' question, Valundar replied to the boy. "We are warriors, not oppressors. Our great king Scar'd began his life as a slave remember? He knew the true taste of opression, and thus never developed a taste for inflicting it. To honor him, we do not force our ways upon other lands. We lend our strength when Galiavan as a whole needs us most. That is why I took up Here's invitation, and why I am here. That prophecy, the Scrolls never lie.... Even if I do not see that far off day when the great battle of our world comes, it is my duty to prepare the future to be ready for when it does come. I will not leave my descendants and my world at the mercy of a terrible foe if I can help prevent it."

Valundar's gaze turned toward the Kitsune as he spoke. "And you my lady, you know at least of some of what I speak... That is why I beg your aid too... I believe the world may scoff at the very notion of what i speak, but at least some will hear what I have to say. If I can get even a few today to help and begin preparing, then in three centuries, we may be able to help turn the tide when we need it most..... Hmm...."

Valundar's gaze suddenly hardened as his eyes turned towards the deeper shrubbery of the forest. Valundar began to rise up to a standing position.

"Cyrus, stay with the Kitsune.....!!!" Vanundar's instructions where interrupted when his right hand suddenly rose and blocked an arrow from the trees. The Blade-breaker snapped the shaft immediately as the poison coated arrow fell to the ground.

"Murderous cowards with no honour, come out and face me like men!" called out Lord Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Dragonsworn Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:28 am

Cyrus nervously chuckled, wondering if it was his dragons blood which made him think such a stupid question out loud. He couldn't help but notice the Kitsune taking to him as if he was a bed, her tail rubbing under his chin. She was definitely opening up to them, now that she was communicating, even if by flaming words. "No problem, glad to be of service." he says before turning his head to Val. "Queen Heles is why I am here, actually. I have a bunch of mail for her." he says at last.

Then the arrow broke their pleasant conversation. "Well as they say, Lord Bladebreaker, if your enemy doesn't have the decency to introduce themselves, go ahead and greet them!" he says raising the Pegasus SMG, shouldering the wooden stock before firing a full burst into the treeline. He heard a yelp somewhere out there. Lowering the weapon, he looped his arms around the Kit, hoisting her carefully in a bridal carry. "No worries, I'll stick to her like glue!" he promised.
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Cyrus Dragonsworn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiharu Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 am

Chiharu was startled by the return of the hunters! She gasped, clinging to Cyrus as he fired the Pegasus at the tree line, the weapon rattling near her ears. It reminded her of history, and she then voiced her answer in the flames. "I HAVE BEEN A TOOL FOR MAN BEFORE. TOO MUCH ROT TO THE SOUL." she then, weakly struck out her arm, imbuing Valudar's body with her Kitsune fox fire, allowing his natural strengths seem to his enemies... enhanced ten fold. She was surprised being lifted up the way she had, turning her blushing face to Cyrus before returning her amber gaze to the treeline.
Chiharu
Chiharu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Valudar Blade-Breaker Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 am

Valundar's sight orb flashed like a beacon. He aknowledged the kitsune's power booster. "Thank you. Oh and Cyrus, I'll have to teach you to fight the old way..." as he reared back his right arm. His hand, and wrist flickered in cutting wind, before violet energy sparked to life..

The Forest Depths Rugal_reppuken_by_darkstormzero-db5g4wb

He swung an underarmed crescent, sending a wave along the ground of deadly cutting air. The wave blasted bark from the trunks of trees, and uprooted soil and brush, sending it cascading away from Valundar's feet like a tidal wave, rocking the larger trees right down to their roots as they shook some of the hunters from their perches on the branches, sending them falling into the churning dust and soil.

It didn't take long for the wave to dissipate, as Valundar had no intention of destroying the forest. He marched up to one of the fallen men and with fingers like steel claws, he clamped holes right through the collar armor of the full plate suit worn by the knight of Lunarspear.

"Miserable cur, why do you attack the innocent! And then try to attack your queens suitor!? Speak!" Vanundar lifted the man up, his fingers slowly rending the holes he made in the armor wider as he did so.

"Agh! The fox woman was responsible for the curse that killed our king! We were planning on sending Queen Heres her head! She's a criminal! A rogue spirit!"

Valundar growled out "And what proof do you have of this? Or are you merely acting on suspicion? Do not be so foolish as to condemn an innocent spirit on your queens land with your own hands! You'll do more harm than good." He dropped the man, and tossed him back into the churned up soil.

"I will not kill you, Knight, that is the sole perogative of your queen. For your sake, prey you have not been marked traitoris excommunicato."
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Valudar Blade-Breaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next