Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time

Go down

Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time Empty Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time

Post  Crisis Rocan Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 am

(Will they tell the tale of how it happened; of the Stranger come from the violent seas, from the raging oceans of which the deities alone knew where?  Will they tell of the war of deception and betrayal; of how the stranger broke the strongest of warlords in an unfair fight.  The tales of the forced march to conquer the other warlords uniting the land under one banner bloody and brutal.  Will history be written in the blood of those days alone, or will it be blotted out by the rebellion of the common folk, of the slaves and the poor who arose to purge their lands in desperation and fear.  A second bloodbath to dethrone the Warlord of Warlords more violent, more terrible, and more fatalistic then the Warlord's rampage of unification.

Or will it be said that the one who caused it all, the one who started the bloodshed of the unification war, the Stranger known as the Warlord of Warlords; and the one known to be the backbone of the peasant rebellion were found to be one in the same being from the portrait hanging in the Warlords throne room.  And of how as sudden as the Stranger had arrived, the Warlord of Warlords had disappeared without a trace...

Soaked in blood with sails ablaze, the hungry flames licking the deck and mainmast of the ship they sailed desperate to escape pursuit two traveled perilously against the Fates.  Sinking, being boarded, burning to ashes they struggled almost but not quite evading those that hunted them relentlessly across the Endless Waters.  Ever was it thus the crashing of the waves not once extinguishing the all consuming flames; the ship slowing despite the magic force which propelled it ever onward against the winds and tides; always overtaken in the end, always boarded and breaking apart her voice trailing off in the roaring sounds of murderous currents of the Endless Waters.  One word perhaps one name left echoing as her final sounds were snatched away by the waters or perhaps the waking to reality every time...

"I will never be your Witch Queen never... Hakaan...!"

Choking on blood light came to the eyes; no, not blood.  It was mud, it was always mud that filled the mouth when waking came with the blinding of the light.  Shaded eyes were the next natural step that came with the dawning of day and the realization that the dreams, or nightmares were that... or maybe they were something more, perhaps they were memories of what came before.  Words slid in and out of the mind leaving more questions then answers.  Were they words, or were they thoughts, or were they what?  Who could say, what could answer?  Loneliness was a foreign concept lost in action and deeds, lost in the need to survive and the instinct of the nature of the beast.  Nameless, sexless, ageless, all but thoughtless, a creature, a being, a thing of nothing and nowhere; what was it, where was it... was it?

Jungle marked the world around, trees, planets, beasts, birds, and all manner of madness comprehensible but not at all.  Which was natural the living breathing pulse of the world around or the pulse of the breathing living being lost within it?  Hand, foot, mouth, breast, ear, scars, eyes... scars; scars?  Things stirred, memories perhaps of blades or battles, of fate or fortune, there was something to that notion fortune... no luck and fate.  Somewhere in the deepest recesses of the mind a concept was born again...

They were once called gods, or goddesses, deities known in other lands perhaps in other worlds and times as beings of unlimited power gifted with, or perhaps having always been the sole source of their respective divine forces.  They were constant somewhere in time, nowhere, and everywhere all at once.  Luck and Fate guided , Luck and Fate ruled the life that flowed through those veins as easily as the blood which pumped life once and always likewise.  This was no fading memory, this was no dream half believed, half doubted, half forgotten, or even half imagined, neither of the four halves made a whole in the borough of slow yet indigestible thoughts that roamed the foreign mind within the jungle equally if not less so foreign to it.

Perhaps there was some blood mixed in with the mud salivating off the tongue as waking dawned that day.  Where in time, when in time, better yet what was time that it could or should matter this of all strange moments in... time?  No answers came as always in the morning light, but no answers were needed or expected either, that was the price of passing through the Isles of Broken Time...

Where things were lost or found benign in that once strange land known almost so well for such a short span of time.  Known, yes they were known not mere dream, nightmare or specter of fragmented sleep.  It was memory, the first clear memory recognizable to the clouded mind lost to the Isles of Broken Time.  Fragmented thoughts fractured into place nearly whole but still severed clean through only now for the first time in an unknowable span by those two cruel yet loving mistresses that guide, directed and or completely ruled over that wretched being lacking all basics of rational knowledge.  Luck and Fate liked the wretch, but their love was more often then not crueler than it was ever kind and loving.  It was memory, known and realized for what could be considered the first time in this life...

After all how could it be considered anything else but the first time, when there had but split seconds before been no actual knowledge of what memory was in that or any of those previous lives.  Not a lie to the living but a simple twist of Fate as it were, forgetting all that came before be it one or a million lives lost while this had traveled through the ill-fated and unlucky Isles of Broken Time!

Time neither moves nor stands still when one does not know that it is what it is or that it is at all.  The twisting and turning between what was and what cannot be recalled fills the background of life as the being rises and forages for that which instinct dictates it do.  That of course being to feed, breath, and return once again to the restless and peace-less slumber that is the dying of the days light.  Over time a fraction of what was begins to dawn upon that life, sometimes but not always with the days dawn.  When and where become a constant notion filling that often vacant mind and face without the better part of the memories that once filled its ever waking and sleeping hour.  

Jungle... it was more realization than a word that formed within the slowly reassembling brain as more and more words filled the beast which fed and breathed and slept for no reason other than instinct alone.  What... was... it...?  Question, yes it could question and... and reason as well but were questioning and reasoning without knowing what or why it could a thing it should?  Beast was a word that came to mind, perhaps for the... things around it which, was it realized, what they were; beast, though of what kind and likeness not even the fragments within that mind could have revealed as they were not just foreign but alien unto it almost if not completely so.

Time began to form as a rational thought, a thing of actual substance... a thing to be expected and perhaps... yes counted and counted upon regularly.  More and more realizations formed completely not just the new but also the old thoughts which bound around in the mind of the beast.  No, not beast; that much was certain as the days passed and thoughts became clarity or rather certainty beyond simple things without quantifiers.  A different description was required for the self-awareness was beginning to assert itself in a way that became rational or rather solid of thought and mind.  Perhaps the description it came to again would prove wrong but for the time being it believed the word machine described it best, though what that was it could not say or know for certain.  It was the machine, a machine, maybe simply one machine, who could know with only this malfunctioning hardware?

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

Back to top Go down

Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time Empty Re: Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time

Post  Crisis Rocan Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:17 am

Scattered words focused into place... one word, place, stood still without answers.  Unbeknownst to the being rationalizing it's state of existence as a machine there was an answer to where it was and why it was for all apparent logical processing; alone.  It did not have the pieces of the puzzle which would have clarified it's location as the Isle of the Dead equally known if not more so in some quarters of the world as Shi... no... Shima.  An island of mystery and the unknown, a place where history and time were as scrambled as the Machine or apparently equally so.

One unsolved mystery faced another as the Machine slowly worked its way outward from the puddle of mud to which it often returned at nightfall. One day at a time expanding slowly in like fashion to the speed at which it's own internal processing unit seemed to repair functions.  Day by day, thought by thought, both the mind and the knowledge of this place grew in unison each building new bridges between that which was severed and that which never was.  The new, filling in the gaps of old, all the while fusing missing pieces into their proper places.  Like a border-less puzzle of infinite size the pieces filling in one by one all in due time.  Each passing day was accompanied by newer further distances from the all too large pool of muddied water the Machine returned to out of habit.

Soon perhaps, one day or the next it would do more than merely act on the instinctual programming of its kind and begin in earnest to live again, to pursue life as it once might actually have done, in that life of dreams, that nightmare of it's life, while the memories burned through what remained of it's mind never ceasing!

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time Empty Re: Blood and Fire Through the Isles of Broken Time

Post  Crisis Rocan Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 pm

It was like splicing.  The way memory slowly seeped in twisting around the world that was, spinning almost but not quite together with the world that I found myself in.  A long time ago I found that the word time was more than just relative.  It was subjective to say the least, all more or less a point of view just a means of knowing when something was or would be, but also a cruel twist of some demon god deity bastard out there in the endless expanse of existence.  Where, when, why, how?  Who the hell knows is the only answer I was aware of; everything else was just detail.  Not that I was aware of any of the details, for all my reforming memory the best I had managed was to regain some form of coherent thought.  Of course I was well aware of a great passage of time, just how much...?  I'll be damned if I could guess.

The dreams remain, but without doubt I know them for what they were... memories.  My memories from before.  Somewhere else, some other world no doubt for the waters surrounding my new home are far too calm to be the Endless Waters I had been growing accustomed to; much as I was with this dreadfully quiet forest island.  I adapt and survive, or so my instincts continually insist upon doing without my regard or say so.  There is morbid humor in the battle between ones willful and instinctual minds, and much fascination as well... just as morbid.

Me and myself arguing all the time so as to keep some semblance of rationality.  Often I wondered about the inhabitants of this godless world, but somehow I knew it would be years if not longer before I happened upon those who lived here.  If ever I dared take to the waters, but little did I suspect that something was zeroing in on me.  I was not whole, in body or in mind, but there was something to all of this rhyme perhaps even reason if not more of my infamous luck and fate!

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 am

I woke once again face down in the drowning pool of mud, covered in blood, and I wasn't sure it was all my own.  A vague memory imperfect, of being somewhere else, somewhere not this island or world.  A thought formed though whether or not it was a thought that could be considered rational or real I had no way of knowing, but the blood was a rather convincing argument to the mad kind of logic I was susceptible to.  Being from another world, or at least having been very recently in another world.

Putting the oddness of what I considered the most rational conclusion to my present state of waking once again I found myself set upon by small rather harmless but very bloodthirsty lizards.  Tiny lizards hardly worth the trouble of noticing if it wasn't for the simple annoying detail that they were licking the blood from my skin and biting down for some of mine on top of the feast coating my flesh.  Nasty buggers were gathering in number apparently while I slept face down in the pool of mud. I seemed to be a delicacy to the nasty bastards and I had no desire to fill their bellies any further.  Brushing the lizards from me, I made my rounds of the island as I had become my habit since first waking here.  

Something was different, much of the wildlife here had grown more wild since the last time I woke here, yet my mind was still considering what little I recalled of the place I had been.  As far as I knew there was no name for this land, at least not yet, barren uninhabited or at the very least not this island or any that I could see in the distance horizon.  The inhabitants of the that place was call the Abyss, and those beast whose blood I was bathed in, bathed in still when I woke here.  I doubt I could forget those no matter how fractured my mind became or remained.

My eyes returned to the wildlife around me, it had become even more wild the jungle was becoming thicker as if it had been years since I had last looked upon the land...

Again I awoke the pool of mud, the memories of being elsewhere, and again the lizards swarmed me this time as though they had been waiting for my return, waiting and far larger then before.  Perhaps five to six times the size from the last time I had been here, and the jungle was aged as well, crowded with trees both standing and fallen it was growing with and without me here.  Interesting enough, I recalled the passages clearer and clearer with each type to and from, but the first was still clouded, and the truth that I couldn't make it back there no matter how many times Luck and Fate dithered me about between this world and the rest.  This time the world felt different, something about it felt alive, perhaps it was a residual trace of what I was capable of in some of those other worlds, this was a changed world from the first few times I had ended up here.  This world had a pulse, a living pulse, a powerful one but the feeling faded in time, and I was aware that within each place I had been, what I was, what I could do, and what I was capable of was more often then not different as much as it had been the same in each place.

Time and again I vanished from the world only to return when my misadventures would conclude elsewhere.  And as I did the forest and the island became a darker more vivid beast thriving and becoming something different with each return visit.  Again I returned only to be greeted by the lizards a full two feet in length circling the pool of mud all but drooling waiting for me to rise from it's murky waters and be their feast.  Of all the worlds and all the wars I have been to fought in and on, I knew a desire to kill when it stared me down.  They wanted my blood and flesh, they wanted to fed on me and grow bigger, stronger, faster, as they had steadily been generation by generation as I traveled between those other worlds and here.

"I taste like death you grimy bastards, first one of you little shits to nibble on me gets ripped tail to tiny little brain.

They hesitated!

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:36 am

I'd like to say the hesitation was a good thing, but I'm afraid it wasn't. Yet I must explain much more before that will make sense. First on another return trip I was able to experience to strange things, I arrived like always only the lizards seemed smaller then the last time I had returned here, and the second thing some days later I saw myself arrive as well.

This triggered a number of faded memories within me. The foremost being that this was not the first time on my travels since the beginning that I had crossed paths with my other selves. I was well traveled across both time and space, forwards, backwards, sideways, and a few other directions long since forgotten by time. I wasn't here long enough to do more then glance at my arrival and the lizards standing greeting, before I was drawn away again through,; well that can wait a bit longer too.

Where I ended up was a place that hadn't existed since before the dawn of time as it is considered universally throughout all existence. These memories were both ancient beyond reckoning and fresh bitterly, as I was experiencing them for the second time first hand. There was little left to remember after returning to the beginning the very beginning of all things. We were the Essence of everything, in the beginning thee was nothing but Essence, an Essence for everything. I was... no that can wait as well.

It only needs saying that our existence, our realm came to an end and thus began life as it is known to be in its present state. I watched it all happen for the second time, my world coming to an end. The betrayal which caused seven Essences to be banished from their realm, to the future to a world of mortality and eventual death. Six of us were cast down as stones beyond to serve whomever found us, and the last the bastard that was responsible for it all...

But this time I was not being sent away I was there to be witness to the end, I never knew that our realm had ended, let alone the very same day we had been banished. It was all set into motion by that other Essence, the end result being his banishment but ironically also that of six other innocent Essences. The rulers of our realm were murdered that alone was unthinkable, but not unheard of. From time to time Essences passed and they were replaced like Justice had passed being replaced by Retribution... though later I learned that Justice had been banished as well to throw our realm out of balance many years before. The last straw was the mass banishment by the new rulers who were not truly meant to sit upon the throes of Peace and Tranquility. But I regress in the end none of that matters as I was witness to their end. I saw the root of our downfall banished not as a stone like the rest of us had been or wiped of his memories as a punishment as I had been but whole and powerful, his memories intact as a blade. The final moments of our realm was a glow of power as my people gave up their powers and poured them into well the creation of time and space and life as it is now. They had been the very Essence the very thing that was life and all that drove it to be, and they had somehow been convinced to give it all up to create something better to create endless possibilities.

It was invigorating feeling all that raw primal energy seeping out into the far reaches of the neither. It had an effect on me, filling in all the gaps in my memories starting with that point in time going forward to the present. The next time I stepped foot upon the this world it was barren empty as if life had yet to begin here. I sank down knowing that I had returned but to nothing with no way to leave as the ways by which I traveled normally did not yet exist here. I was worn and tired this time, having finally finished what I had vowed to myself when I departed from the fall of the Essences or rather the beginning of time. I found myself face to face with my nemesis and to be to the point I won, my enemy was also my prize. I stared at the blade, The Sword of Blood... Krafay the Essence of the Megalomaniac the only other one of my people who remained alive, bound to protect existence using my own blood and bones to seal it forever with only one key to releasing the purest form of evil. A key I would never reveal ever!

Alabaster and crimson the sword was completely encased unable to been touched or even seen contained not to shield it from the living, but to shield the living from the Essence of the Megalomaniac and his evil influence forevermore. As I said I was back on this world once more, and alone but apparently before life had even being left with nothing but an evil bastard sealed for the good of all. Time passed eons perhaps time tends to be fluid and pointless to keep track of when you have existed from the beginning as the two of us had. Until one day I felt it,the flow of energy had I hadn't felt since the time I witnessed the end of my people's existence.

Krafay had mad a hole in the ground deep and wide over the countless ages that had passed as I waited for life to begin here. I lifted the blade slinging it over my back as the raw force flowed through me bringing me to my knees before the hole in the ground. As it engulfed me flowing through me I felt the world spin and tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes, the sorrow washed through me as life was seeded upon this world. I could feel the Essences name each of them as they gave birth to this world allowing themselves to be embodied in new forms for a new world, but only a small fraction of what they had been remained upon the world. Then as soon as they had washed over the barren lands they were gone. I knew it would happen all cross existence that it was happening all at once I felt it when my people had flowed through me for those few moments I was one with me experiencing life bloom everywhere for the first time the beginning... and a part of me realized that Krafay had known this was coming somehow he had known our people would give up there lives to seed the future with life everywhere and he wanted to be the only Essence left, the ruler of all life.

He had failed his ambition had created his own antithesis that was me, and now we remained sitting within a pool of mud that had filled up around us as my tears flowed without restraint and the pain and sorrow and joy of what our people had done... I walked away to the edge of the island and watched feeling well my people's power remained for a time as life grow upon the face of this world. Time would pass, but I could see the way to leave now, it had been the path of my people known I released only to the Essences. The ways of the Abyss time and space wrapped around it but only an Essence could travel it and known it for what it was. Others as experience had proved over the span of my life had merely passed through when they were unfortunate enough to pass through one of it's entrances straight to an exit. Again I traveled with Krafay to keep it safe away from all life if possible.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:05 pm

There's more to consider as always when you live without end, there is always more. The Essence are down to two, Krafay and myself. First an account of the other six Essences banished from our realm. I should start with what should be obvious but most likely isn't seeing as the subtly of the effects caused by those banished is easily lost to point of view.

Justice as many have proven throughout the worlds I have traversed is as often misdirected and self appointed as it is applied in the true essence of my old friend. From what I can tell of the scattered timeline I have lived through and across, Justice out lived us all... well in manner of speaking. His fall was noble fighting for that which he believed in; and like the rest what he was the Essence of Justice dissipated rejoining with our brethren returning a small portion of his being to the flow of energy that had created all life. But as with all of us that were banished we have had more direct effects upon the beginning of time. Justice had been appropriately replaced when banished so what he was had come into being at the beginning but not all of the Essence that was Justice.

The next to cover would be the Essences of what I have seen countless times upon the worlds taken form as gods primal elemental. Ember, Typho, Monsoon, and Rook,the Essences, of Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth old comrades in arms and my fellows banished for standing against Krafay and his band of traitors to our realm. The best I can conclude is that the elemental Essences, having been banished were a void that each world needed to fill and the flow of energy that my people had become to seed existence propagated gods in one form or another on nearly ever world as a result.

Before going on to the next Essence... I need to explain that of all of my fellows, I was the only to never regain humanoid form. The elemental Essences were drawn from their orbs of imprisonment almost worshiped as gods and given status under the other as her bodyguards and protectors. They died protecting her as well.

Zen Raya, the Essence of Darkness and Light; to be honest her punishment was lighter than my own, but just as painful... for she lost everything. Of the things she lost I missed her mind the most! She was the first to be given human shape again, she was worshiped as a god, and held such power that no one could doubt she was just that. She was no longer my Zen Raya, the one I had fought to protect and had likewise been banished for and with. She become frankly evil, in the short Krayfay had been the cause of her fall and the rise of a nation upon that world we were banished to that would forever worship her.

I ended them all, with my own help though I did not know it at the time and that of others who needed it to free themselves from her vile rule. I take no pride in the things I had to do in order to ensure the last of my people were put to rest in peace. I remained encased in stone an orb used for it's power to help win a war at the time when I first experienced it. The second time I turned the flow knowing I had already done so before. In the end I had given all I could draining my power to the point of becoming nothing, a fate my fellows had been spared with their deaths as they like Justice joined our brethren for peace at last.. Well mostly... but that's another story.

Krafay had become stronger feeding on the power of five Essences and the better part of world that worshiped them... him. Somehow he found an entrance to the Abyss though he dared not enter it himself, he had my or thrown into it while I had remained powerless to stop him. The blade knew, Krafay knew that I would fight against him forever if he did not destroy me, but he didn't know, he couldn't know what would happen casting me into the Abyss. Being more or less still purely an Essence bound to the orb though as I was, my essence that which I am, have been, and always shall remain to be did not cease to exist or rejoin with my people.

The first thing I knew was life as a human on a planet called Earth I spent a formative time there learning to be a good son and human being, I learn the trade of the family in a time when the trade was little more than a pastime for wealthy bored people,extremely bored people, well that or actors. In my early teens I was a master fencer hardly a skill to brag about but it had it's uses and served me well throughout the course of my years since my rebirth upon the Earth. I later learned that I had passed through the Abyss regaining my form but also falling straight back out of the Abyss to the world called Earth to be born and to live. Which I did and had until I lost all that mattered to me. I buried my mother and soon after the I found my way back into the Abyss to this existence and life of wandering between the Abyss and other worlds. A life of war, death, but not my own. I had ceased to live in a manner of speaking but a face I knew appeared before me in the first place I had arrived. I would have known her anyway, even without the knowledge of her that wasn't residing in my head at the time. I knew it was her, but I also knew it was not Zen Raya. Perhaps a second chance at life without the burden of her past life, well I did figure it out eventually after a few sideways trips through time. Not once but twice, I found her in time in different places ironically in the same roll... the Witch Queen. Well more like the one her former nation thought to be their prophesied Witch Queen which they hunted for tirelessly and endlessly.

Which brings me to my present situation here and now, human in appearance but still the Essence I originally was. Diminished in someways but in others not so much. I have a bond with life itself as long as even one world remains that was created at the beginning of time I will remain for I am an Essence, the last with a living form, guardian of the bane of all life Krafay the Sword of Blood the trapped and imprisoned Essence of the Megalomaniac basically pure evil incarnate.

I've watched life come to this world I know my people gave their lives to create all of this and that because of what they did I have no end because I am the last Essence bond to life but not to death. I half believe that when the end of days arrive I'll be their to greet it and start things anew. But that is a long time from now if ever.

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 pm

(And so time passes on days, to weeks, weeks to months, months to years, to decades and more.  Life blooms all around me on this world in full force the tiny lizards take a liking to me from the first moment they come into existence and follow me everywhere always waiting for me to return by the pool of mud.  My regular point of departure and return to this world.  They grow on me and accustomed to me as time goes by, I see know that their behavior when I first arrived was actual a form of affection for the length of time they went without me.  And perhaps that my last appearance before here with them waiting had struck a cord inside their minds perhaps akin to hate or sadness.  Too late to fix it as I know my travels have already created a gap between us perhaps when next we meet upon one of my returns it will not go so badly.  

I was wrong they have abandoned the pool of mud it seems for good after that threat.  It wold seem that they understand me, my words have been learned by them in some form.  A lesson perhaps but to late this time to do any good.  As I look around I find the land has grown into a full jungle wild and free, perhaps I'll rest here for a spell and forget about life for a few years and just relax in the splendor of what my people have created.

-fin-

Crisis Rocan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Weapons On Hand :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down