Galiavan 2282 REMAKE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connor's Cottage

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Connor's Cottage Empty Connor's Cottage

Post  Connor Greyarrow Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm

As they made the trek through the woods, glowing lights faded in and out of sight around them, and orbs of pyreflies skittered about the enclosed wooden path. An invisible, yet shimmering wall came into view, before the three passed through it as if nothing occurred.

"I've... taken to my isolation. Perhaps a little too well. Then again, I'm never truly alone. We have an audience, even as I speak." The young man replied to Hrothor, pointing up at the trees above them. Little heads popping curiously over the edges of tree limbs quickly vanished upon observation. The glowing lights continued, and soon, they were standing before a massive tree with a home jutting out from it:

Connor's Cottage 3305100_1370202814_by_reikothegwen-dcbi45n

"It belonged to a Druid who died in the time of Scar'd supposedly. It isn't much, but... its what I've called home. You can hitch your mount over there." Connor states, pointing to a small stable of sorts that lacked a mount, turning away from Hrothor and then passed through the door set into the base of the tree.

He took a flight of steps up into the home proper, the kettle was still stewing the gunky contents he had prepared earlier that morning. "Make yourself at home." he added.

Connor's Cottage B35_druidhouse_low_by_reikothegwen-dcbi45x
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Connor's Cottage Empty Re: Connor's Cottage

Post  Hrothor the Honored Mon May 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Hrothor entered the secluded grove of the Druids Home In The Trees. When Connor brought up the presence of the little pixies and faries that watched them with curiosity. Hrothor's eyes looked up, and he smiled. "That is good... I am happy for you. For nobody should be alone," Hrothor said. 'He has found a people he feels worth protecting. My boy, you may not yet realize it, but that is the secret of the power of our race...' Hrothor thought.

The old man hitched his horse to the stable as Connor said. Then he followed the lad up the stairs, having to stoop his head a little at the doorway in order to pass, as he was still much taller than Connor was, but even with his advanced age, Hrothor did not mind that. He took a seat in the far side of the table so as not to be in Connor's way, even as he set the cloth wrapped sword and the satchel on the table.

"Well, it appears you are doing well for yourself and your friends here Ty. This is good. I need not have to worry when I go..."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Mon May 14, 2018 6:50 pm

He fetched a bowl of the squirrel stew he had fixed, with bits of the woodland creature's meat stewed within a broth of gray gravy with chunks of wild potatoes, carrots, brown mushrooms and onions floating in the mix. He slid it over to Hrothor.

Connor's Cottage Archer_extra_by_reikothegwen-dcaib2g

"Welp, help yourself. Its not the best, but I missed my chance with the boar yesterday, so had to settle with squirrel." he says, pouring a bowl for himself, taking a seat opposite of his former mentor, and slid a spoon his way as well. "I'm out of hard cider, which is unfortunate. Alcohol makes the muck go down quicker." He smirked, removing his cloak and tossed it onto a nearby rack.

He didn't ignore the elephant in the room, staring at the wrapped blade with a mix of longing and fear. He closed his eyes, and shrugged. "As I said, I make do..." he changed the subject for a moment, turning to Old Hrothor. Just then, a few of the forest sprites 'made themselves at home', slipping through the open windows and hanging out in the rafters above or by hiding among the shelves of collected spices, books and other knickknacks. He closed his eyes, and sighed. "He's not gonna bite..." He assured them, before returning his attention to the older, taller gentleman. "So... you've come on behalf of the blade, or the recent activity in the woods?" He asked, reaching behind him, before unsheathing the exotic knife and laid it flat upon the table.

Connor's Cottage 44418_1_1398961511_by_keskewolf-dbqljjm

The faeries and pixies took note of the Shadowblade's weapon, and promptly took to hiding. "This blade... has no right being in Kilwood. A certain order of Assassins use it, at one point they were the White Tower's arch enemies... so to see one of these rarities out here is a bit... peculiar." he explained. "...don't you agree?" He asked, before digging into his stew.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Mon May 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Hrothor looked at the shadowblade Kukri for only a moment, then back at Connor. "Not anymore..." he said unexpectedly. He took out one of the two bottles of Verdant Stone Short Mead as Connor had instructed.

Connor's Cottage 68592-0-1439097332

He took a sip of the stew, and then a small swig of the mead to help wash it down. It wasn't particularly bad nor good either way. In his own days of survival training, and later in the innumerable wars he fought, he had to eat much more unsavory food than this.

He smiled and handed Connor the 2nd bottle. "Enjoy it then."

He then returned to the prior topic. "Much has changed now... The emergence of the Black King, Abdel Adham in Domescadia has altered everything... He targets every other nation indiscriminantly, even among his own people.... He is also a Shadow lord who has taken a liking to killing Teronians who do not immediately pledge their loyalty to him... Even their women and children. Yes, hard as it may be for the common folk to believe, the Teronians have their own civilization. But it is true, even the followers of Sirius have something to fight for. Abdel is assimilating their entire culture just to empower himself. Then there's the other atrocities he has comitted. Attacking villages and stealing people away in the night. Raiding merchant ships, spreading disease... It would not surprise me if the recent outbreaks of BTB were his doing."

Hrothor's face took on a more pensive look, a fear that Connor had never seen on the old man's face before, even when he took on the most dangerous missions. "But all that pales in comparison to what we thing he is planning... and who he is planning it with..."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Connor saw the verdant green bottles slip out from the satchel, and glanced back to the older gentleman. "Ah, so you are trying to sweeten me up, aren't ya?" he chuckled. "Only my favorite mead, then again... it was also Dad's." He said with a somber sigh. He took the one offered to him, popping the cork and knocked back a little. Cool, sweet, refreshing mead that warmed the senses. He chuckled. "Gods, I haven't had one of these in a long while..." he chuckled, before setting it back onto the table. He ate, silently listening to Hrothor's words, and slowly began to set his spoon back into the bowl and keep it there.

"So, you're saying this knife may not imply anything but dissidents? Huh... granted, many have to remain loyal to Abdel given he rules them... this knife here could mean anything now. It could be Teronians simply trying to flee... or perhaps a message that they intend to invade Scardia... not sure could be grasping at straws with that... I only hope I'm over thinking it." He says taking the kukri and slipped it back into the sheath on his lower back. Given how useful and rare it was, he was going to keep it.

"Gods... the thought of using plague as a weapon. Thats a scary thought." He grimaced. He knew Scardia did not fair well to it before, he lost his elder brothers and sisters to it, as well as his own mother eventually. He raised his brows. "It sounds as if you have first hand accounts into the Black Emperor's plans. I didn't think the White Tower used spies these days..." he jested somewhat in spite of the dark conversation. "What else is he planning?" he asked.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Hrothor smiled a little again despite the weight of the conversation. "Spies? No, nothing so crass as all that. But rather... an old friend who made a choice. You see, I know most of it through reliable intel gathered from one who chose to become Teronian to help them escape, Galaerion. He and his twin brother Istion chose to embrace opposite ends of the balance of power between light and shadow, because they both reached the conclusion that only a combination of that power will defeat the oncoming tide of evil Abdel will unleash."

The smile faded fromHrothor's lips. "And he will unleash it once he has enough of the Teronian's power to break the lock, and open the gates of Hell..."

Hrothor took another mouthfull of stew, and swallowed down another small sip of mead before he continued. "What I believe you saw, were Teronians full of fear... Yes, I can sense it in your Kukri there. For all their fearsome reputation, for all the fear and hatred they inspire in others, beneath it all... They are still human beings. No matter how strong a persons will is, it disintegrates in despair as they face death. And Abdel has become their grim reaper... Harvesting their souls and consuming their powers on behalf of whomever it is he serves beyond those gates...."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Shadows crept along the walls of the cabin, while smoke from the burning logs in the stove funneled out into the evening sky. Outside, an early fog began to rise and sweep around the old Druid hut. Neither man knew yet that something was approaching the small cottage suspended in the tree. The wall shimmered as the being crossed through it without hesitation or pause...
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Tue May 15, 2018 2:09 am

"An old friend, eh?" He raised a brow. "Thats quite a commitment to abandon your soul to the God of Shadows." He says knowing about as much of the Teronian cultures.

He felt a bit unsettled. "Still thats a lot to risk. Abdel's going to catch on sooner or later, or worse plant someone in the group of escapees whose willing to side with Abdel's twisted ideals. As much of a monster he is, he has his followers, and his loyali-" he stopped mid sentence for a moment, his attention turned to the window. The Faeries seemed to flutter about incoherently above them and around them. "...odd. I thought... never mind." He shook his head, before turning to Hrothor again. "You'll have to make sure that Abdel doesn't have insiders of his own in your ranks..." he warned, though, it was likely something the Old Mentor had debated or thought over before.

Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 am

Hrothor half smirked as he felt a new presence enter the area himself. His own senses, old, but not forgotten felt a slight shift, though it bared no malice. "Indeed, but we have two advantages, we have kept the number of people who know of our true secrets very small, and second, we have someone inside Abdel's Black Citadel who is capable of discerning the true loyalties of the Teronians. Lady Gilgamesh - The one intended to be their Queen, and direct link to Sirius."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Tue May 15, 2018 2:56 am

The presence brought itself closer to the cottage, to the rousing scent of something stewing within. The floor boards before the doorway at the base of the tree creaked as the door began to ek ...
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor half smirked as he felt a new presence enter the area himself. His own senses, old, but not forgotten felt a slight shift, though it bared no malice. "Indeed, but we have two advantages, we have kept the number of people who know of our true secrets very small, and second, we have someone inside Abdel's Black Citadel who is capable of discerning the true loyalties of the Teronians. Lady Gilgamesh - The one intended to be their Queen, and direct link to Sirius."

He raised a brow. "Lady Gilgamesh?" He repeated, before hearing the front steps creaking, and the door slowly opening. Out of reflex, he turned towards the threshold of the stair well that wound down to the doorway at the base of the hollow tree. He set a hand behind him on the hilt of the Kukri in case. "Huh... I thought I had sensed someone crossing the barrier..." He says lowly, rising from his seat. He didn't sense any ill intent, however given the nature of their chat, Connor had gone a little on edge admittedly. He cleared his throat. "Oi! Who's down there?!" He called out, eyes focused on the stairs.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 am

Hrothor remained silent, and calm as he sipped his soup, and mead. The feeling he sensed through the floorboards, and the air, as well as the reactions of the fae and pixie in the room put his mind at ease. If anything was untoward, they would have reacted to it far more swiftly than either man in the room. As much as Tysnolf was adept at being with the nature spirits, he still had that impatience of his youth it seemed. Ty was still too high strung. But Hrothor knew better than to try to correct that with words - he let the situation play out as it must.
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurien Loraethore Tue May 15, 2018 3:54 am

There was a pause on the steps. Silence. The faeries hanging around the pair seemed to be whispering to themselves, and letting the scene play out without further elaboration, as is the nature of the pixie and faeries of the forest; they themselves finding more entertainment by observing the mortals reactions.

There seemed to be hesitation, as there was a low grunt coming from the stairwell. Movement resumed soon after, however, and each foot fall had a slight click in its light step; the steps creaked and groaned before the individual reached the space before the door. Still hidden, only a mystic glow not too similar to that of the faeries and spirits of the wood made a note of their presence. A blurry shadow cast upon the wall, showing some shape, as the figure cautiously hid from view. Finally, there was a voice to accompany the uninvited visitor:

"Forgive the intrusion... I come bearing no ill will for the occupants of this tree house."

It was a low, soothing tone, and was distinctly feminine. She slowly rounded the corner, still unsure if the unforeseen occupants would attack so she did so with her staff raised, lighting up the dimly lit entryway to the upper stairwell she had been standing in:

Connor's Cottage __original_drawn_by_houtengeki__e48cf8fa70b67eaf4f_by_biancaneko23-dcbh1yo

She was a tall elf, of about 5'10 with long platinum blonde hair and lidded green eyes. She was scantily clad in thin, white silk garbs of fabric which left little to the imagination, and showed off her voluminous frame and toned fair flesh. "...I was directed here by one of the forest folk by the name of 'Pris', she said that the one named 'Connor' would understand if I entered without his permission." She began, her large green eyes cast from young man to older gentleman before she looked up at the Faeries giggling above. She took a step forward, her body jiggled involuntarily given her attire, something she was never herself aware nor ashamed of when it occurred. The thin fabric maintained coverage for her bobbing breasts, the tabard between her thighs hissed and flapped as she progressed further into the den, her large green eyes taking in the cabin's layout, before falling upon the young man with the flame colored hair. "I am Lady Aurien Niraeya Loraethore, a priestess of Minktail's Kingdom, servant to our High King and the Primals of the Forest. My being here was not meant to put either of you in a state of unease... I had sensed a powerful presence while traversing these woods... and was then drawn by..." she was cut off as her belly groaned, louder than the fire's pops and crackles. She remained stoic all the while, but her plush pink lips closed as it seemed her body spoke for her.

She turned her eyes from the young man to the pair of bowls steaming below them. Her nostrils flared somewhat as she gazed upon the stew and the adjacent bottles of mead. Drawn by a distinct smell of stew... She thought, but did not speak her mind of this manner, as her body had already answered this for her.
Aurien Loraethore
Aurien Loraethore
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Wed May 16, 2018 1:43 am

Ty blinked, his now wide grey-green eyes glanced at the rather beautiful Elfin creature entering the room. She had long light colored hair, large green eyes and... a rather impressive pair of breasts which bobbed behind hardly any cover! It was mystifying that the garments did not reveal what lay beneath the silk. Similar material hung low on her waist, dangerously low for that matter! She was voluptuous and the fire from the stove and the light from her wand allowed the shadows to paint her curves and contours of her toned core and cleavage. She mentioned Pris, which put him at ease, and allowed him to relax. He closed his eyes for a moment, his left brow twitching. Pris... of course this is your doing... He thought, letting his hand fall away from the blade's handle, since she was definitely not a threat. But still what brings an Elf-

Groooooooooooan

He blinked, flustered and silent, he observed this stoic Aurien's eyes fall from him to the bowls of stew on the table, before returning his gaze to her face. "...Pris tends to be open with others. Allow me to fix you a bowl, its the least I can do for yelling at a guest." he says, turning away, heading into the other room and rummaged through his cupboard for another bowl. "This is a new record... two guests in one day? As I said to the old one there, its not the best, but it makes do." Connor spoke up, returning with a wooden bowl and spoon, and filled it with kettle's contents. He then slid his chair over, offering it to her. "Aurien, was it?" He asked, kicking over a small stool by the fire for himself to sit in. "I'm the one Pris called Connor. The aforementioned 'old one' is Master Hrothor the Honored." He introduced himself and his other guest, waving his hand over to him before taking his seat again. "Help yourself, but as I said... its not the best stuff." He shrugged, before turning his attention to Hrothor, to observe how the elderly gentleman reacted.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 am

Hrothor smiled, and laughed a little into his hand as Aurien's stomach growled loudly at the smell of food. Connor did himself too little credit. Despite the meager means and the ingredients used, what he maid was certainly preferable to raw meat and unripe fruit one had to scavenge on a battlefield if one were to survive. And Hrothor had to do so many times on the many missions of his life. Hrothor knew Connor had humility and arrogance in equal measure when it came to certain things, but Hrothor was glad the boy found a good balance of the two out here.

The old man's eyes then looked to Auriel. However, unlike most younger men who would oggle the body of an elf with lust filled thoughts, Hrothor instead looked into her eyes, and what he found there made him smile subtlely. She had the same eyes...

"So... Lady Loraethor. It has been a very long time since I saw you in Minktail all those many years ago... I am glad your training in Ecomancy is now complete. Many a mortals lifetime did you spend in those halls of scrolls and books, and in the groves honing your arts with the elder trees." Hrothor smiled back to that time of unruly youth. "Your cousin kept chasing me until you hid me that time... Lady Loraethan was infatuated for some reason I wasn't able to discern back then. Foolish youth that I was."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurien Loraethore Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 am

She watched the young man ease his tension, and then observed as he provided her with a generous helping of food and a seat. She bowed her head in thanks, before taking her seat, now instructed of their names, she turns to the older man and inspected his features. "Hrothor..." Aurien started, blinking before she turned her attention to the bowl. "Thank you for the food Connor, I haven't eaten since I crossed the Domescadian Desert..." she says, before digging in.

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor smiled, and laughed a little into his hand as Aurien's stomach growled loudly at the smell of food. Connor did himself too little credit. Despite the meager means and the ingredients used, what he maid was certainly preferable to raw meat and unripe fruit one had to scavenge on a battlefield if one were to survive. And Hrothor had to do so many times on the many missions of his life. Hrothor knew Connor had humility and arrogance in equal measure when it came to certain things, but Hrothor was glad the boy found a good balance of the two out here.

The old man's eyes then looked to Auriel. However, unlike most younger men who would oggle the body of an elf with lust filled thoughts, Hrothor instead looked into her eyes, and what he found there made him smile subtlely. She had the same eyes...

"So... Lady Loraethore. It has been a very long time since I saw you in Minktail all those many years ago... I am glad your training in Ecomancy is now complete. Many a mortals lifetime did you spend in those halls of scrolls and books, and in the groves honing your arts with the elder trees." Hrothor smiled back to that time of unruly youth. "Your cousin kept chasing me until you hid me that time... Lady Loraethan was infatuated for some reason I wasn't able to discern back then. Foolish youth that I was."

She glanced up at Hrothor, and after inspecting his face for a moment, remembered. "Umf..." She swallowed, her eyes closed before she reopened them, glancing back into the elder human's eyes. "Ah, good to see you are alive and well Hrothor. Ah yes, Alleyne's... Alleyne. Always fascinated about the outside world, the irony is that she was named her clans Elder Oracle, thus she's limited to her visits outside the Minktail Kingdom's territories." Aurien replied as if she chatted with the human yesterday, and that it wasn't perhaps 60 or so years since that time. "As curious she was, she never ventured far into the Halls of Study in fear of chastising from Elder Silvaan, that was perhaps your saving grace rather than my minor involvement." She replied, shrugging. "As for my training, I advanced to the rank of High Priestess. I travel now, healing the land pervaded by darkness." She added, before resuming her meal.

She glanced up at Connor, and smiled warmly. "Delicious." Aurien then continued to silently, but quickly devour the bowl's contents in front of her before their eyes. Her pace was even, and steady, her movement graceful yet unrelenting. Soon... there was hardly gravy clinging to the bowl. She exhaled softly, flustered somewhat, before glancing up at Connor, nudging her bowl gently towards him. "I...couldn't perhaps trouble you for another bowl?" She asked, gently, batting her eyelashes. As Hrothor may have remembered, Aurien was the kind of individual who put her all into one task, that she would ignore others around her. That included eating properly, but given her abilities... she could go a long time without eating. That only made things... awkward when she had a chance to sit down and eat, as she tend to eat... a lot in one sitting.
Aurien Loraethore
Aurien Loraethore
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Wed May 16, 2018 2:59 am

He observed Hrothor's reaction curiously. "Wait, you know her Old Man?" He asked, eyes wide and brows lifted. Upon Aurien's thanks, he chuckled. Connor ran a hand through his hair shrugging but smiled. "Ah no big deal. Wait, Domescadia's desert... that's... a bit of a trek. Couldn't you have taken a trip via boat through the Harbor town in the Minktail Region?" He asked, curiously.

He didn't need Hrothor's confirmation of the pair's prior relationship, as she went into detail about their shared past and Aurien's cousin 'Alleyne'. He ate silently, listening to the pair chatting before she mentioned something about darkness of the lands. "Healing the land of darkness?" He asked, swallowing a spoonful of warm gravy after. "Sounds similar to what the Faeries have been teaching me..." He added, before noting her staring at him. She was flustered, and batting her long lashes as she asked for another helping. He inspected the bowl from a glance, and was surprised at how she practically licked it clean! Connor blinked, and glanced back to her. "Uh... sure..." he replied, wearily as he took the bowl and turned around behind him, adding a larger helping. "Help yourself, if it doesn't get eaten its going into cold storage..." he replied, sliding the bowl back to her.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 am

Hrothor smiled at the old memories again, but when Connor brought up a few intersecting points, he knew then what Aurien was trying to do... And she went right at the source.

"You tried to discern what it was Abdel was really doing, wernt' you Aurien? I can think of no other reason someone as skilled as you would enter that place without forethought. You sensed the growing darkness and went right after the source, completely throwing caution to the wind as you do. Your lucky to have gotten away..." Hrothor said, and then sighed. He knew about a million questions would be coming at him from both Connor and Aurien would bombard him now.

"This will be difficult to try to explain, so please, try to understand... What we are dealing with is no ordinary calamity. It's not even Demon Realm interfearance this time, although it is related. Some time ago, Lord Valundar Bladebreaker managed to open the sealed scroll of prophecy from a time before the War Gods, Before Kraad, and perhaps even as far back as before the Primal Gods received worship. That scroll details that a Black King will set the wheels in motion for the invasion of... ultimate evil."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurien Loraethore Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 am

Connor Greyarrow wrote:He observed Hrothor's reaction curiously. "Wait, you know her Old Man?" He asked, eyes wide and brows lifted. Upon Aurien's thanks, he chuckled. Connor ran a hand through his hair shrugging but smiled. "Ah no big deal. Wait, Domescadia's desert... that's... a bit of a trek. Couldn't you have taken a trip via boat through the Harbor town in the Minktail Region?" He asked, curiously.

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor smiled at the old memories again, but when Connor brought up a few intersecting points, he knew then what Aurien was trying to do... And she went right at the source.
"You tried to discern what it was Abdel was really doing, wernt' you Aurien? I can think of no other reason someone as skilled as you would enter that place without forethought. You sensed the growing darkness and went right after the source, completely throwing caution to the wind as you do. Your lucky to have gotten away..." Hrothor said, and then sighed. He knew about a million questions would be coming at him from both Connor and Aurien would bombard him now.

Aurien shrugged. "Multiple reasons, actually." She answered both of them. "Though those reasons were tied to my travel Westward..." she added. "Minktail's Harbor town has had an influx of refugees caused by Abdel's tyranny. I'm surprised he has not yet attacked the Minktail High King yet, nor his neighbors to the Far North." she spoke in doubt, before turning to Hrothor. "I did not venture too close, I only went as far as the mountain of sand which overlooks the Obsidian City itself... I dare not step into the threshold of his kingdom. Though it did not come without some dangers. I had to slay a few Apophi who wanted to make a meal out of me, half drunk on blood wine." She replied, closing her eyes and sighing. "Be it worse if they figured to capture me instead, I could not spare the three." She then opened her eyes and looked at the fire's flickering flames. "I indeed sensed a growing... malignancy pervading the deserts of Abdel's capital, and over the City of Gazatine... something snaking and worming underneath the sands that made me feel too uncomfortable to remain... they'll need tending to when I am stronger..."

Connor Greyarrow wrote:
He didn't need Hrothor's confirmation of the pair's prior relationship, as she went into detail about their shared past and Aurien's cousin 'Alleyne'. He ate silently, listening to the pair chatting before she mentioned something about darkness of the lands. "Healing the land of darkness?" He asked, swallowing a spoonful of warm gravy after. "Sounds similar to what the Faeries have been teaching me..." He added, before noting her staring at him. She was flustered, and batting her long lashes as she asked for another helping. He inspected the bowl from a glance, and was surprised at how she practically licked it clean! Connor blinked, and glanced back to her. "Uh... sure..." he replied, wearily as he took the bowl and turned around behind him, adding a larger helping. "Help yourself, if it doesn't get eaten its going into cold storage..." he replied, sliding the bowl back to her.

She glanced up at Connor and softly smiled. "Ah, so you are versed in the ecokinetic arts as well, Master Connor? Not every day a mortal can harness its energies. I suppose then you are not aware we can heal corruption, especially of where it is deeply rooted." Aurien explained, before he presented her with another bowl! She blinked at his words, and felt admiration rise into her cheeks as such hospitality was usually unheard of from mortals! Help myself! Oh my, I think I shall! She thought excitedly, smiling warmly to the young man before she ate the bowls contents before her.

Hrothor the Honored wrote:
"This will be difficult to try to explain, so please, try to understand... What we are dealing with is no ordinary calamity. It's not even Demon Realm interfearance this time, although it is related. Some time ago, Lord Valundar Bladebreaker managed to open the sealed scroll of prophecy from a time before the War Gods, Before Kraad, and perhaps even as far back as before the Primal Gods received worship. That scroll details that a Black King will set the wheels in motion for the invasion of... ultimate evil."

She finished her second bowl, and stood up, carrying it over to the kettle to pour herself some more stew- for Connor did oblige her to do so. Her face was stoic once more as Hrothor spoke. "We found a similar scroll being sent to the North off one of Galideno's trucks Alleyne found in the forest, by a curious sender. Only 3% of mortals know of Kraad, even less the Primals. It's best not to overdose Master Connor." She suggested, returning with her third bowl, sliding her seat closer to Connor, to the stove in general, where she could get more helpings if needed, which was likely. "But that is why I am here Master Hrothor... are you aware that a similar darkness looms near Kilwood?" She asked. "I could not attempt a purification in Domescadia with Abdel's armies in the way, but here... I can feel it...writhing beneath the surface. Something that is growing... feeding off the land, in the hopes to sprout. I aim to remove this blight... but it will not be easy." she closed her eyes and silently resumed eating.
Aurien Loraethore
Aurien Loraethore
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Wed May 16, 2018 4:14 am

Aurien Loraethore wrote:
Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor smiled at the old memories again, but when Connor brought up a few intersecting points, he knew then what Aurien was trying to do... And she went right at the source.

Aurien shrugged. "Multiple reasons, actually." She answered both of them. "Though those reasons were tied to my travel Westward..." she added. "Minktail's Harbor town has had an influx of refugees caused by Abdel's tyranny. I'm surprised he has not yet attacked the Minktail High King yet, nor his neighbors to the Far North." she spoke in doubt, before turning to Hrothor. "I did not venture too close, I only went as far as the mountain of sand which overlooks the Obsidian City itself... I dare not step into the threshold of his kingdom. Though it did not come without some dangers. I had to slay a few Apophi who wanted to make a meal out of me, half drunk on blood wine." She replied, closing her eyes and sighing. "Be it worse if they figured to capture me instead, I could not spare the three." She then opened her eyes and looked at the fire's flickering flames. "I indeed sensed a growing... malignancy pervading the deserts of Abdel's capital, and over the City of Gazatine... something snaking and worming underneath the sands that made me feel too uncomfortable to remain... they'll need tending to when I am stronger..."  

Connor grimaced, the thought of being devoured by one of those snake ladies was not one he typically like envisioning. But getting as far as standing over Abdel's Capital... that took some balls of steel, even more so that the world is poised for all out War against Abdel.

Aurien Loraethore wrote:
She glanced up at Connor and softly smiled. "Ah, so you are versed in the ecokinetic arts as well, Master Connor? Not every day a mortal can harness its energies. I suppose then you are not aware we can heal corruption, especially of where it is deeply rooted." Aurien explained, before he presented her with another bowl! She blinked at his words, and felt admiration rise into her cheeks as such hospitality was usually unheard of from mortals! Help myself! Oh my, I think I shall! She thought excitedly, smiling warmly to the young man before she ate the bowls contents before her.

He blinked at her question. "Just-Connor. Well, Druid Magic or so Pris calls it. And of that, I was not aware." He answered, before noting her enthusiasm in the presented offering of food. He chuckled nervously. I feel like I'm going to regret this decision in the near future... He thought.

Hrothor the Honored wrote:

Connor turned his head and rose a brow in confusion of Hrothor's words. "What...?" He was a bit lost, and then heard the scraping of the chair sliding closer to his left, and turned to see the Elf with yet another bowl, sitting beside him:

Aurien Loraethore wrote:
She finished her second bowl, and stood up, carrying it over to the kettle to pour herself some more stew- for Connor did oblige her to do so. Her face was stoic once more as Hrothor spoke. "We found a similar scroll being sent to the North off one of Galideno's trucks Alleyne found in the forest, by a curious sender. Only 3% of mortals know of Kraad, even less the Primals. It's best not to overdose Master Connor." She suggested, returning with her third bowl, sliding her seat closer to Connor, to the stove in general, where she could get more helpings if needed, which was likely. "But that is why I am here Master Hrothor... are you aware that a similar darkness looms near Kilwood?" She asked. "I could not attempt a purification in Domescadia with Abdel's armies in the way, but here... I can feel it...writhing beneath the surface. Something that is growing... feeding off the land, in the hopes to sprout. I aim to remove this blight... but it will not be easy." she closed her eyes and silently resumed eating.

"Again, just Connor will do. I'm the master of no one, or anything." Connor reiterated, before switching looks between Elf and elderly man. "Ultimate evil? Darkness looming over Kilwood? I'm definitely not on the same page as you two." he complained, confused and unsettled.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

Hrothor listened intently to both Aurien and Connor's words, and remained silent for a moment after they finished, before he reached into his satchel again. "The Scrolls of prophecy are so ancient, they date back even before the awakening of the very firstborn of the Elves. They are made from materials not found anywhere else in the world. From their parchment, to their special casing... All of it is unique to them. And each is sealed shut, opening only in times where their wisdom may be needed. They are written in a language nobody can decipher... Unless they be the ones who unsealed the scroll..." Hrothor explained as he rolled out a small manuscript of a translation from the prophecy Lord Valundar uncovered.

"The Blade Breaker's sacred scroll held many secrets, but this is the one that caught Lord Valundar's eye. It translated thusly... 'When the Black King's perverse desire to rule the world grows beyond imagination, he will begin to move the tumblers of the lock to the gate of Hell. It ill not open in his lifetime, as the Black King will fall before the light of a righteous heart, but the legacy of darkness will pave the way for the fallen children of The One Above All Others, grown bloated and ugly by hatred and rage to surge across the land. The Chaos of their coming will awaken the first foe, and with him, a hunger to consume everything. And so begins the end of all things...'"

The old man's eyes looked up. "The timing of this scroll unsealing, and the appearance of Abdel as the new king of Domescadia, combined with his continued consumption of Teronian shadow power marks him as the Black King from what we can tell... And the words 'Gates of Hell, It coincides with the Elven legend of the Towers of Darkness."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurien Loraethore Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 am

Aurien, on her sixth helping fittingly, nodded. "Indeed. But legends meant for scaring children are often glamorized. In this case, its perhaps to lessen the blow... for the legend of the Towers are not a ghost story, but they are in fact the prediction for the end of Elf-kind..." she responds in deadpan. "Though... I believe fate is not always set in stone. And though the tale speaks of three towers, I assume there are many more..." She explained. "I fear, that the future fate of Kilwood may be the location of such a tower... thankfully I have managed to close three along the way to Scardia, where the presence drew me the strongest." She finished.
Aurien Loraethore
Aurien Loraethore
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor Greyarrow Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 am

Is she a vacuum?! Connor thought, watching as she prepped a sixth bowl! It was the only distraction he had from the unsettling topic at hand between the three parties, and the Faeries around them were even becoming disturbed to a degree before fluttering about in their usual ways.

He glanced to Hrothor, concerned. "Wait, so you're saying that some sort of monster awaits us..." he turns to Aurien. "And it ties with your legends of the end times..." he then glanced at his bowl which was growing colder now. "And... that one of these 'towers/gates' exist somewhere in Kilwood?" He asked... taking a moment for it to set in. He then glanced over to his mead and took a long gulp of it before setting the bottle back down with a sigh. "Wha...whats going to happen then? Is there a way to stop it from happening or... are we simply doomed?" He asked them both.
Connor Greyarrow
Connor Greyarrow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 am

Hrothor's eyes closed again. He answered Connor first. "No, not a monster perse... The Gateway is to the original homeland of the Demon Realm's denizens. a dimension where all evil eventually finds it's way. And the denizens of that place are demons and monsters without peer... Our demons pale in comparison to their forbears from that cursed realm - but the demons of that place follow what we have come to call the Fallen. Cursed Archangels who - at the beginning of the mortal realms existence - fell out of favor with the One Above all in the wake of victory against the First Foe, as the mortal realms solidified and began to bear life, many of the Archangels looked at the free will and choice of mortal beings such as us with contempt. They demanded an explanation as to why we were not bound by the rules that governed the Seraphim. But the One chose not to answer... And so, the Archangels who lost faith in their maker fled the High Heavens. They went s far from the light as they dared go without losing sight of it as the First Foe did -For they saw the risk of what that entailed - and there they gathered.... they formed Hell in the farthest reaches from Heaven's light, but just close enough to not risk entering the Void..."

Hrothor looked at the pair before him, and lit his pipe once more. "Those beings have existed since long before Galiavan formed as a planet. Now, Abdel has courted them for more power... The Spires do not exist yet, but Abdel has opened the gates just enough to allow the energy that forms them to seep into our material plane. And as they worm their way through our planets lifestream, they seek out places where the barrier between dimensions are at their weakest, and create anchors there, ready to tear the very fabric between them down. An insidious means of invading one dimension to another - forced assimilation."
Hrothor the Honored
Hrothor the Honored
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurien Loraethore Wed May 16, 2018 5:19 am

She nodded as she ate her seventh bowl of stew, but was now becoming thirsty at the sight of the mead in which young Connor chugged from. She then glanced to Hrothor. "Yes. These anchor points. They are yet weak enough however at this time to be countered." she explained, digging into her final bowl. She chewed and swallowed, before turning to the younger man. "You should not have to worry about Kilwood. All I need is enough mana to perform a 'moonlight ritual' and I should be able to strengthen the forest's barrier which will in turn, repel the anchor point. It will slither away from this place forever... but it will likely reconnect with another anchoring point elsewhere... making that area a tad more stronger." She says with a slight frown. In the end... If I catch them all, it could very well end up being three areas I will not be able to heal... She thought. She then glanced at the wrapped blade upon the table and rose a brow. Its shape was familiar... but then again most swords were of a similar shape.
Aurien Loraethore
Aurien Loraethore
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum