Delancy's Garage

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 am

Kisaragi Hinomoto wrote:Kisaragi felt a shiver down her spine. "Gods..." she commented on the fate of Domescadia's Nekomimi. To condemn their race to slaughter, just to gain the favor of the Apophi... wanton massacre. She paled, looking at him. "Only the beginning? Gods, what else are they capable of?" she asked, appalled as it was by the situation. Granted, this did go beyond the acceptable realms of predation. This was mass... mass...

Sacrifice....

She blinked, shaking her head, clapping the sides of her face.

"The Apophi are powerful soul manipulators, only surpassed by true Demons. You see, a fate worse than death is perpetual torment, and the Apophi are able to manipulate living souls into forming powerful artifacts called Philosopher's Stones. Beyond their services as war magi, assasins and other shady jobs, Apophi have purchased their way into Abdel's forces with these stones." explained the Mechanic as he wiped the oil and grease from his hands before opening the truck doors and looking at the dashboard to test the tire stud's retraction mechanism.

"These stones are used to empower everything from complex alchemical concoctions to being vital requirements for some of the most powerful and fearsome dark sorcery rituals ever devised. The living lifeforce and soul can be used to fuel trememdous power. Demons and Hellspawn especially will offer boons in exchange for them. And the Apophi provide the currency Abdel needs for far more dangerous things than mere mortals and manbeasts... People suspect that Abdel is dealing with something far more dangerous than any monster lord or lady on Galiavan..."
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 164
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Kisaragi Hinomoto on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Kisaragi Hinomoto wrote:Kisaragi felt a shiver down her spine. "Gods..." she commented on the fate of Domescadia's Nekomimi. To condemn their race to slaughter, just to gain the favor of the Apophi... wanton massacre. She paled, looking at him. "Only the beginning? Gods, what else are they capable of?" she asked, appalled as it was by the situation. Granted, this did go beyond the acceptable realms of predation. This was mass... mass...

Sacrifice....

She blinked, shaking her head, clapping the sides of her face.

"The Apophi are powerful soul manipulators, only surpassed by true Demons. You see, a fate worse than death is perpetual torment, and the Apophi are able to manipulate living souls into forming powerful artifacts called Philosopher's Stones. Beyond their services as war magi, assasins and other shady jobs, Apophi have purchased their way into Abdel's forces with these stones." explained the Mechanic as he wiped the oil and grease from his hands before opening the truck doors and looking at the dashboard to test the tire stud's retraction mechanism.

"These stones are used to empower everything from complex alchemical concoctions to being vital requirements for some of the most powerful and fearsome dark sorcery rituals ever devised. The living lifeforce and soul can be used to fuel trememdous power. Demons and Hellspawn especially will offer boons in exchange for them. And the Apophi provide the currency Abdel needs for far more dangerous things than mere mortals and manbeasts... People suspect that Abdel is dealing with something far more dangerous than any monster lord or lady on Galiavan..."

Kisaragi grimaced. "To forever be a soul gem... that is a fate worse than death." she mumbled, looking up. The thought of a darker plot made it all the more reason to see that Steven's gifts reached the Far North. They would be needing many hands to suppress whatever Abdel was up to. "I wonder if the Professor knows about this scenario... Perhaps I should contact him once I get to Kuleg." she says out loud, before taking a rag as well to wipe away the motor oil from her...

Blushing, she turned away, and while she rubbed it away glanced back over her shoulder towards the man. "You're very informed about these creatures... You didn't work with Doctor Kamura, did you?" she asked, referring to the... odd scientist who, though not an employee of Tenik Industrial, was an affiliate of sorts. A highborn Vampire, or so the rumors claim. She never met the woman, but heard of her astounding compendium on the research of Galiavan's more... voracious creatures and fauna.
avatar
Kisaragi Hinomoto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 am

Kisaragi Hinomoto wrote:Kisaragi grimaced. "To forever be a soul gem... that is a fate worse than death." she mumbled, looking up. The thought of a darker plot made it all the more reason to see that Steven's gifts reached the Far North. They would be needing many hands to suppress whatever Abdel was up to. "I wonder if the Professor knows about this scenario... Perhaps I should contact him once I get to Kuleg." she says out loud, before taking a rag as well to wipe away the motor oil from her...

Blushing, she turned away, and while she rubbed it away glanced back over her shoulder towards the man. "You're very informed about these creatures... You didn't work with Doctor Kamura, did you?" she asked, referring to the... odd scientist who, though not an employee of Tenik Industrial, was an affiliate of sorts. A highborn Vampire, or so the rumors claim. She never met the woman, but heard of her astounding compendium on the research of Galiavan's more... voracious creatures and fauna.

The Mechanic smiled as he pushed the button, and the spikes slid into their active position, extending a fill inch and a half from the rubber of the tire, before he pressed it again, causing the spikes to retract back into the tire treads. "Nah. I've heard of her, even read her books, but I get my own information first hand, by travelling and talking to people. Some things you can't learn by reading dry stats in a book, or even from first hand accounts of intentionally getting eaten." The mechanic took a seat on a stool after straightening up and had poured himself a cup of strong black coffee out of a thermos on the desk. He offered the cup to Kisaragi, while taking a sip from the canister itself. "Besides, how else will one learn about individual personalities?"
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 164
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Kisaragi Hinomoto on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 am

Kisaragi chuckled, and once she cleaned up, tossed the rag in the bin before being generously offered some coffee. She smiled, taking the coffee with a warm thank you, before sniffing it. The deep aroma of Domescadian coffee, which was the best in her opinion, being a connoisseur of coffee and the like. Given her hyperactivity, it may induce a spike or a cool down in her activities randomly, but she didn't give a hoot. She took a deep sip, closing her eyes as she swished the dark fluid about in her mouth for a moment, tasting it for its quality, before swallowing. "Mmm... deliciously brewed! Strong, a little acidic but smooth." she says, before turning to him. "Thanks!" she says again, before asking a question: "What do you mean by individual personalities?" she raised a brow, leaning against a pillar supporting the garage's roof, coffee in hand. "Are you saying, you've met all the above listed creatures first hand?"
avatar
Kisaragi Hinomoto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am

"Thanks. I made it myself. Home brewed recipe" said the mechanic as he took a long swallow from the thermos. "You would be correct. In our line of work, when you travel around as much as I do to all the corners nooks and crannies around the world, you get to see things, hear things, meet interesting people. You learn not to judge by species, race, religion gender or any of that. Every Keropin is different. Every Selachi is unique. Every Lamia has their own history. I know Apophi who are rather revulsed by what goes on in Domescadia as much as anyone." he turned and eyed Kisaragi a little as he half smiled "So when you do meet a member of a species that can eat you, be on your guard, but don't immediately treat them as hostile... You may make friends more than enemies that way."

the old mechanic then chuckled as he took another long swallow of coffee and leaned back. "After all, here's an old sailors legend about a boy, and his best friend, who was a Megas Selachi who originally thought of him as nothing more than a toothpick, or a quick snack. He won her friendship by telling her tall tales of adventures on land and at sea."
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 164
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Kisaragi Hinomoto on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:35 am

She smirked. "Ah, well done good sir! Keep at it!" she complimented before listening more to his explanation. By the end of it, she had drank most of her cup and found herself smiling at his charming tales and of storied traveling.

Smirking, she had an idea of who he was speaking about when he spoke of the Megas Selachi. "Megas Salachi are only a myth!" she says in a teasing manner, though she was open to the thought. Galiavan's two oceans were very deep, and took up much of the planet. Who knows what lay beneath.
avatar
Kisaragi Hinomoto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 am

Kisaragi Hinomoto wrote:She smirked. "Ah, well done good sir! Keep at it!" she complimented before listening more to his explanation. By the end of it, she had drank most of her cup and found herself smiling at his charming tales and of storied traveling.  

Smirking, she had an idea of who he was speaking about when he spoke of the Megas Selachi. "Megas Salachi are only a myth!" she says in a teasing manner, though she was open to the thought. Galiavan's two oceans were very deep, and took up much of the planet. Who knows what lay beneath.

The Mechanic merely chucked at Kisaragi's skepticism. "Don't be too sure. Carcari Selachi are known to grow quite large indeed. They are the largest 'confirmed' predatory Selachi, but Tenik long ago found teeth of selachi so large, they are multiples of the size of the largest Carcari teeth ever recorded. The largest Carcari teeth measure at about 15 inches from root to tip. These measure at over 6 feet, and from what I've been told? these were not aged teeth, they were young. Recent, and they are so well preserved that carbon dating them puts them in the mouth of a very young Selachi, only recently hitting puberty. That means that these 6 foot teeth are... well, baby teeth, not even adult teeth, never mind prime full grown."

The mechanic turned to eye Kisaragi again a small smirk on his face "Legends and myths are sometimes just that, but sometimes, old stories are based on something, and sometimes those somethings turn out to be true."
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 164
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Kisaragi Hinomoto on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:58 am

She looked at him, amazed. "I-I never read any such report! By the Gods... so many things on this planet, it'll never seize to amaze me!" she exclaimed, giggling before finishing off the cup. The coffee made her perky and energetic, keeping her bouncing in place. "Well then, I'm sure to keep that what you said in mind. I'll have to try and keep my guard shall I run into any creature out there. Not that I'll be seeing a Megas anytime soon. How is she, by the way?" winking at him, insinuating that he may be the boy he spoke of.
avatar
Kisaragi Hinomoto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 am

Kisaragi Hinomoto wrote:She looked at him, amazed. "I-I never read any such report! By the Gods... so many things on this planet, it'll never seize to amaze me!" she exclaimed, giggling before finishing off the cup. The coffee made her perky and energetic, keeping her bouncing in place. "Well then, I'm sure to keep that what you said in mind. I'll have to try and keep my guard shall I run into any creature out there. Not that I'll be seeing a Megas anytime soon. How is she, by the way?" winking at him, insinuating that he may be the boy he spoke of.

"Heh, we keep in contact every once in a while" the mechanic replied. "Galiavan is a sizable world filled with many secrets, but there's far more out there. he said as he pointed up.

"That being said, your Bulldog is now ready for the most frozen conditions. And yes, your heater and air conditioning are working, as is the radio, CB and all manner of things." he said as he replaced the cap on the thermos.

"It has been good to speak with you, Kisaragi." said the man as he went around the back for a moment, taking tools off of his overalls.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 164
Join date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Kisaragi Hinomoto on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:12 am

Random Mobs wrote:
"Heh, we keep in contact every once in a while" the mechanic replied. "Galiavan is a sizable world filled with many secrets, but there's far more out there. he said as he pointed up.

"That being said, your Bulldog is now ready for the most frozen conditions. And yes, your heater and air conditioning are working, as is the radio, CB and all manner of things." he said as he replaced the cap on the thermos.

"It has been good to speak with you, Kisaragi." said the man as he went around the back for a moment, taking tools off of his overalls.


"That is awesome!" She giggled before setting the cup down. "Well, keep a good word out for me then. I'd like to have a deep sea friend to keep me out of trouble." she winked, before walking over to the duraluminum cases, loading them into the vehicle. She was glad the vehicle was up to snuff and ready to roll. She closed the door, and turned to face him, hands upon her suspenders pulling them a little and letting them snap as she swayed on her heels. "Yeah, it was refreshing to speak with you too, um..." she realized she never asked for his name, blushing a little before she decided to turn away abruptly. "-well, I'll see you around again sometime then! Keep making your coffee like that, and you can expect me to visit, and listen to more of your stories." She says, turning to face him slightly with a warm, friendly grin. "I'll see you later sir!" she ended the conversation, not being one for prolonged good byes, she made her way into the vehicle and turned the ignition.

With the Bulldog running, she pulls out of the garage and makes way for the Minktail woods.
avatar
Kisaragi Hinomoto
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Delancy's Garage

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum