The White Tower

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The White Tower

Post  Levi Titanwood on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:42 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor's bushy eyebrows lifted again, and a small smile creased his features. "Ah, your the current keeper of the Black Bow of Killwood."

Hrothor appraised the man for only a single instant before nodding. "Very well. I have two mission assignments that could benefit from your skills Squire Titanwood, so you must choose carefully. The first is to be sent on assignment to aid Lord Blade-Breaker in the Kingdom of Lux. He has recently won the current monarch, Queen Heres Lunaspear's affection, and he plans to modernise the country and bring it up to speed with current global affairs. However, there is alterior reasons for this, as that island is the sole place on all Galiavan where Bavarium can be found. The other mission, is to attend Galideno's Bliss complex, and safeguard Regis Blackfire, Lord Blade-Breaker's estranged half nephew, from threats both to himself, and that he may pose to others. But aside from that, there are other developments in Galideno that concern our King. We need to find the location of a particular Tenik Spy name HUEL, and find out what he knows, plus, preventing him from spilling secrets to anyone else, especially Abdel's networks, but also including Tenik." Hrothor's arms crossed his chest as he spoke, the weight of either mission was critical. "Report to me within 24 hours of your decision, Squire Titanwood."

His head turned to Xing, "Ah, alas, I am sorry about this. State matters are still brought before my tired old eyes I'm afraid. I will see you again soon Xing."

Levi turned his eyes upon the woman, hearing her cool voice and witnessing her smile which made him blush. His eyes couldn't help but wander downward after she turned away and strutted away. "Xing..." he says out loud, loud enough for Hrothor's ears before he turned his blue eyes away from Xing's swaying derriere and to the elder gentleman's time aged face. He blinked rapidly. "AH! Um, sorry Sir." he says, embarrassed by his show of youth, his right hand scratching the back of his neck. He looked back up at Hrothor and was curious to how the old man would respond with his next answer: "Its an honor to work a job worthy of a Knight, but if this is something Lord Greywatch thinks I can handle... why not both? I surely can undertake a mission to Lux and then swing by to Galideno. Those two locations are not that far apart from one another. Only problem I would have is a method of transport..."
Levi Titanwood
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:49 am

Hrothor smiled, despite his age, he had not forgotten what it was to be young once. Then his face became stern, "Do not try to do everything on your own Levi. The Lion that chases two rabbits risks catching none. I have another ready to take up the mission you will not, and you will not do both, as both are long term dynamic missions, the situation will change during the course of the mission that will require more attention than you can safely split. You must choose, then once you complete one then perhaps we can see about further assignment." His face softened a little after laying out the groundwork. "But your enthusiasm is noted, lad. You may even reach the rank of Paladin before long."
Hrothor the Honored
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Titanwood on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor smiled, despite his age, he had not forgotten what it was to be young once. Then his face became stern, "Do not try to do everything on your own Levi. The Lion that chases two rabbits risks catching none. I have another ready to take up the mission you will not, and you will not do both, as both are long term dynamic missions, the situation will change during the course of the mission that will require more attention than you can safely split. You must choose, then once you complete one then perhaps we can see about further assignment." His face softened a little after laying out the groundwork. "But your enthusiasm is noted, lad. You may even reach the rank of Paladin before long."

He caught Hrothor's smile which made him relieved, but his response afterward was something not new to him. His Lord often said the same, but Levi just couldn't help wanting to prove himself just as capable if not more so than other men. "I see... well I may stand out some watching over Lord Blade-Breaker's brother... but I wouldn't mind seeing the city." he smiled.
Levi Titanwood
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:17 am

"So it is Galideno then?" Hrothor asked, before taking out one of two files from his satchel, along with a pair of noteslips.

"When you are prepared, take this file, and study your mission portfolio in private. Once you have understood your requirements, prepare yourself for departure. This note will allow you to access the armory here for any additional supplies you may need from the tower Quartermaster, then take this note to our motorpool and speak to the head mechanic for any vehicular prerequisites you need, or additional transport arrangements." Hrothor finished his explanation, then placed a hand upon the lad's shoulder. "You will do well. Don't antagonize Regis or his superiors, and you will come out of this mission relatively unscathed. Don't underestimate Black-Fire and attempt to fight him, for his powers make his fighting ability quite fearsome. Try not to bite off more than you can chew in that den of vipers." Hrothor advised him before standing back. "Dismissed."
Hrothor the Honored
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Titanwood on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:40 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:"So it is Galideno then?" Hrothor asked, before taking out one of two files from his satchel, along with a pair of noteslips.

"When you are prepared, take this file, and study your mission portfolio in private. Once you have understood your requirements, prepare yourself for departure. This note will allow you to access the armory here for any additional supplies you may need from the tower Quartermaster, then take this note to our motorpool and speak to the head mechanic for any vehicular prerequisites you need, or additional transport arrangements." Hrothor finished his explanation, then placed a hand upon the lad's shoulder. "You will do well. Don't antagonize Regis or his superiors, and you will come out of this mission relatively unscathed. Don't underestimate Black-Fire and attempt to fight him, for his powers make his fighting ability quite fearsome. Try not to bite off more than you can chew in that den of vipers." Hrothor advised him before standing back. "Dismissed."

Levi took the file from Hrothor's hand, and the note slips as well. He looked back up and raised a brow. "I'm not... too familiar with the more technical vehicles yet. Kilwood has yet to modernize yet, so I'm rather useless when it comes to the more modern vehicles of the current age." he shrugged, flustered a little that the older gentleman was more up to times than he himself. He had a Tenik Mobile Phone, and managed to work that well enough. Guns? He's used them but preferred the feel of the bow given the one in his possession. But... he couldn't drive a car or fly a helicopter to save his life. Let alone land one.

As if to further this lack of knowledge he raised a brow. "By the way... you mentioned Bavarium before... what is that?" he asked, though his curiosity was piqued a part of him felt like he had pressed the older gentleman enough for one evening. "On... second thought, I probably should just look this over." he says waving the file aside his head, chuckling nervously.
Levi Titanwood
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:49 am

Levi Titanwood wrote:Levi took the file from Hrothor's hand, and the note slips as well. He looked back up and raised a brow. "I'm not... still too familiar with the more technical vehicles yet. Kilwood has yet to modernize yet, so I'm rather useless when it comes to the more modern vehicles of the current age." he shrugged, flustered a little that the older gentleman was more up to times than he himself. He had a Tenik Mobile Phone, and managed to work that well enough. Guns? He's used them but preferred the feel of the bow given the one in his possession. But... he couldn't drive a car or fly a helicopter to save his life. Let alone land one.

As if to further this lack of knowledge he raised a brow. "By the way... you mentioned Bavarium before... what is that?" he asked, though his curiosity was piqued a part of him felt like he had pressed the older gentleman enough for one evening. "On... second thought, I probably should just look this over." he says waving the file aside his head, chuckling nervously.  

"Heheh, not ever be afraid to ask questions Levi, for knowledge can only be obtained by those who seek it. Bavarium is, a rare precious resource. An ore capable of many things, storing information, being forged into various materials, or powering the most advanced technological wonders. It is a powerful artifact of the ancient pre-historic world that must never fall into the hands of Abdel and his cohorts. but as to your dilemma... Seek out someone willing to drive or pilot for you. There are many here whom will aid you." Hrothor smiled, and turned around to depart to his other duties.
Hrothor the Honored
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Titanwood on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

Hrothor the Honored wrote:
Levi Titanwood wrote:Levi took the file from Hrothor's hand, and the note slips as well. He looked back up and raised a brow. "I'm not... still too familiar with the more technical vehicles yet. Kilwood has yet to modernize yet, so I'm rather useless when it comes to the more modern vehicles of the current age." he shrugged, flustered a little that the older gentleman was more up to times than he himself. He had a Tenik Mobile Phone, and managed to work that well enough. Guns? He's used them but preferred the feel of the bow given the one in his possession. But... he couldn't drive a car or fly a helicopter to save his life. Let alone land one.

"Heheh, not ever be afraid to ask questions Levi, for knowledge can only be obtained by those who seek it. Bavarium is, a rare precious resource. An ore capable of many things, storing information, being forged into various materials, or powering the most advanced technological wonders. It is a powerful artifact of the ancient pre-historic world that must never fall into the hands of Abdel and his cohorts. but as to your dilemma... Seek out someone willing to drive or pilot for you. There are many here whom will aid you." Hrothor smiled, and turned around to depart to his other duties.

The ore seemed like a dream come true, if not almost mythic. Mythril was hard to come by as a metal, with the most major reserve found in Mythgarde in the northernmost section of Scardia. "I see, well that does seem like a helpful material to have in a time of war like this-" he notices the elder man was turning away to depart. "-wait, Sir! Who? That doesn't help me find...annnd he's gone." he says as the older Scardian moved like the wind. He sighed, shrugging his shoulders as he looked at the folder he held now. He supposed he should get ready. A part of him wondered if he should've taken the other job instead now. Sighing, he makes his way back down the way he came.
Levi Titanwood
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xing Raventail on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 pm

As Hrothor turned the corner, leaving the boy behind, Xing was waiting with her arms folded and her back against the wall. She turned to the elder Hrothor and smirked. "So, the government is sending boys out to do the job of men?" she asked, before chuckling low, peeling her back from the wall and began to walk at the elder man's side. "His determination to perform both jobs was adorable. I hear stories that in your youth, you were similar, Master~" she teases.
Xing Raventail
Private
Private

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hrothor the Honored on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:19 am

Hrothor smirked. "I'd be surprised that anyone still alive knows of my youth."

Then when Xing mentioned sending boys out on the missions, Hrothor's smirk faded slightly. "The life of knighthood is not one undertaken lightly. You know this better than most, but the earlier he learns the aspects of the tasks, the earlier he can decide wether or not this life is for him, and the more life he will have to pursue other things."
Hrothor the Honored
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Titanwood on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:38 am

Levi with his orders in hand made his way towards the tower's vehicle bay, and take a look at what his objectives were. He didn't like the idea of flying in to Galideno, again... being a product of a somewhat xenophobic village, half accepting the newer age while the other half considered the technology advancement sorcery of the Forerunner's past... his experience with the modern age was still limited in some respects.

He opened a door to the large hangar and coughed. "Excuse me? Anyone here?" He called out, entering.
Levi Titanwood
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xing Raventail on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Hrothor the Honored wrote:Hrothor smirked. "I'd be surprised that anyone still alive knows of my youth."

Then when Xing mentioned sending boys out on the missions, Hrothor's smirk faded slightly. "The life of knighthood is not one undertaken lightly. You know this better than most, but the earlier he learns the aspects of the tasks, the earlier he can decide wether or not this life is for him, and the more life he will have to pursue other things."

Xing chuckled. "Perhaps Elves," she jested before adding: "but seriously, there have been some biographies depicting your exploits. There has to be someone out there among the writers who knew you in those days. An old comrade, perhaps? An old flame? Hehe~" she giggled, teasing her elderly master in a playful manner. "Next to Scar'd, you're almost a house hold name in Scardia, being the last of the White Blades. Even the King holds you in the highest of regards!"

She then noticed his face had since gone stern, smile fading from one of amusement into a more sorrowful one; his eyes reflecting as he then spoke of the Knights Pride. True, she underwent the same training, and by twenty one she herself could be knighted; but she chose the life of the Demon Huntress instead. "He's going to enter a world where he must choose between his personal interests and his duty. Of who he must save, and who he must sacrifice to ensure the mission is seen to its end. In the end, that cute boy will become a man from the experiences ahead of him. Whether he likes it or not, he's going to see the world through a very different, grittier set of eyes..." she says with a slight frown, her cool blue eyes glimmering as she cast her gaze upon the marbled floor ahead of them with a look of melancholy.
Xing Raventail
Private
Private

Character Inventory and Stats
Weapons On Hand :
Items & Equipment (Potions, Special Ammo, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 10000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content